HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chipchura

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-12-2008, 11:40 PM
  #1
habfaninvictoria
Registered User
 
habfaninvictoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,649
vCash: 500
Poor Chipchura

Don't get me wrong I like the addition of Lang. But with his addition it leaves Chipchura out in the cold for this year. Lats can't go anywhere, Lappiere probably won't either, and those are the only two he's liable to challenge for a lineup spot.

It's great to be deep but I think this is one player who deserves a spot and seems to be on the outside looking in. Will he end up being trade bait, or pay even more dues in the minors? Either way it doesn't seem fair for a guy who's done all the right things.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:42 PM
  #2
Richybaby
 
Richybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Yamaska
Country: Canada
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Chips isnt 100% ready so whats the problem ?

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:43 PM
  #3
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Why? We have 24 players on the roster. I have a feeling that Dandenault isn't going to make the team. He'll be waved, bought out or traded IMO. That would leave a spot for Chipper.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:44 PM
  #4
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
I agree. Laps ain't leaving but (IN MY OPINION) Chipchura will easily the better player of the 2 in a few years time

Bright side: injuries happen. We'll see Chips in the bleau-blanc-et-rouge at one point or another, don't worry

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:45 PM
  #5
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
it will serve him right for being missing in action all this time

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:45 PM
  #6
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Don't get me wrong I like the addition of Lang. But with his addition it leaves Chipchura out in the cold for this year. Lats can't go anywhere, Lappiere probably won't either, and those are the only two he's liable to challenge for a lineup spot.

It's great to be deep but I think this is one player who deserves a spot and seems to be on the outside looking in. Will he end up being trade bait, or pay even more dues in the minors? Either way it doesn't seem fair for a guy who's done all the right things.
lets wait to see what peklund says

http://peklundthephoneyhockeyblogger.blogspot.com/

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:50 PM
  #7
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,667
vCash: 500
Wasn't it pretty much written in stone Chipchura would be on the team this year?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:55 PM
  #8
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Wasn't it pretty much written in stone Chipchura would be on the team this year?
If you consider the off-white background of the HF Boards to be "stone"

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:56 PM
  #9
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,082
vCash: 500
I wouldn't pity him at all. He should go into camp and earn himself a spot on the roster. If that means kicking another guy out, then that's what he has to do.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:56 PM
  #10
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
I personally thought that Chipchura played really well for us last year before being sent down to work on his face-offs. He was well ahead of Lapierre at that point in time.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 12:19 AM
  #11
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Lapierre is now a winger.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 12:22 AM
  #12
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,703
vCash: 500
No way Dandenault makes this club.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 12:23 AM
  #13
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
No way Dandenault makes this club.
hopefully but it's not like he's gone..

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 12:47 AM
  #14
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Why in hell does he deserve any pity? What exactly did he do?

He's so overrated on this board, it's scary.

He never proved he was ready for a full time job... let him develop... the guy's 22yo and is supposed to be a full time hab... what the hell?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 12:54 AM
  #15
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Don't get me wrong I like the addition of Lang. But with his addition it leaves Chipchura out in the cold for this year. Lats can't go anywhere, Lappiere probably won't either, and those are the only two he's liable to challenge for a lineup spot.

It's great to be deep but I think this is one player who deserves a spot and seems to be on the outside looking in. Will he end up being trade bait, or pay even more dues in the minors? Either way it doesn't seem fair for a guy who's done all the right things.
Chipchura has just got to keep working. I'm not completely sold on lapierre being a full time player yet. Chipchura may overtake him at some point in the season or they can both play at the same time with one of them on the wings (most likely lapierre).

I'm sure chipchura will react just fine to this.

personally, I wouldn't have been happy if our bottom 2 centres were lapierre and chipchura.... that's a huge drop off from plekanec and koivu.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:05 AM
  #16
Africa.
Registered User
 
Africa.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 3,483
vCash: 500
I don't get it.

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse
Higgins-Lang-Kostitsyn
Laraque-Chipchura-Lapierre

Ex: Begin, Kostopoulos. Dump Dandenault.

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges
Brisebois

Price
Halak

23 players, no?

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:48 AM
  #17
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Why in hell does he deserve any pity? What exactly did he do?

He's so overrated on this board, it's scary.

He never proved he was ready for a full time job... let him develop... the guy's 22yo and is supposed to be a full time hab... what the hell?


+ 38947589438478024389374350894353


Hated this pick, hate it even more now !! The guy is just not good enough right now, just face it people !! If he would be good enough, Gainey wouldn't have trade for Lang. He with Higgins are probably the two most overrated players in the last 5 years !!
Go train you're skills in Hamilton and come back in 2 years, maybe Gainey will give you a spot.

He doesn't deserve any pity from anyone. Outplaying Lapierre isn't an impossible task as I know... If he can't outplay Lapierre in training camp, then sorry hon, but take this ticket to Hamilton and stay there for awhile !! Everytime I hear Kyle "Slowpoke" Chipchura, it reminds me of the "Superstar" Craig Darby...




Last edited by Erika: 09-13-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:58 AM
  #18
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Having Dandenault or not with the team doesnt affect Chipchura at all. Dandy is just a bench warmer now - and Chipchura need to play somewhere, in Montreal or in Hamilton.

I wouldnt be worried for Chip. Its clear Lang is here only for one year and he will ge plenty of games this year too. We have 34 year old and 37 year olds as 2nd/3rd line centers, injuries happen, he could get 20-30 games just for filling in those two.

Bottom line is we are better team with Lang, now.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:16 AM
  #19
Taser19
Registered User
 
Taser19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kobak city
Country: Canada
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
No way Dandenault makes this club.
Why do they wait so long before buying his contract out? They should have bought him out before july 1st. That would be so cheap from a classy organisation.Hence they won't. Maybe he'll be full-time winger. I do like him more than Max Lapierre...

Taser19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:31 AM
  #20
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
+ 38947589438478024389374350894353


Hated this pick, hate it even more now !! The guy is just not good enough right now, just face it people !! If he would be good enough, Gainey wouldn't have trade for Lang. He with Higgins are probably the two most overrated players in the last 5 years !!
Go train you're skills in Hamilton and come back in 2 years, maybe Gainey will give you a spot.

He doesn't deserve any pity from anyone. Outplaying Lapierre isn't an impossible task as I know... If he can't outplay Lapierre in training camp, then sorry hon, but take this ticket to Hamilton and stay there for awhile !! Everytime I hear Kyle "Slowpoke" Chipchura, it reminds me of the "Superstar" Craig Darby...


At some point, you'd think that you would have made your point with regards to Higgins, Chipchura and sergei. We all know your opinion on these three players, so why don't you just stick to posting on some of the other players on the team?? This post provided no additional insight when compared to 90% of your posts from the last year on these topics.

Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser19 View Post
Why do they wait so long before buying his contract out? They should have bought him out before july 1st. That would be so cheap from a classy organisation.Hence they won't. Maybe he'll be full-time winger. I do like him more than Max Lapierre...
1) He cannot be bought out now. It was pre July 1st or nothing for Habs buyouts since we had no players going to arbitration.
2) Buyout is not ideal as half the buyout would count on the 2009-2010 cap and we don't need to put more money on that season.
3) We can avoid the cap hit by putting him on waivers and hoping someone claims him, even if noone does then he goes to Hamilton and there is no cap hit.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:34 AM
  #21
Taser19
Registered User
 
Taser19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kobak city
Country: Canada
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
At some point, you'd think that you would have made your point with regards to Higgins, Chipchura and sergei. We all know your opinion on these three players, so why don't you just stick to posting on some of the other players on the team?? This post provided no additional insight when compared to 90% of your posts from the last year on these topics.

Thanks





1) He cannot be bought out now. It was pre July 1st or nothing for Habs buyouts since we had no players going to arbitration.
2) Buyout is not ideal as half the buyout would count on the 2009-2010 cap and we don't need to put more money on that season.
3) We can avoid the cap hit by putting him on waivers and hoping someone claims him, even if noone does then he goes to Hamilton and there is no cap hit.
Can't you put him through waiver then buy him out?

Taser19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:36 AM
  #22
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser19 View Post
Can't you put him through waiver then buy him out?
No... the buy-out window has passed.

It ended on June 30th for Montreal and any teams who had no players in arbitration.

There was a second window for teams with players scheduled to go to arbitration (even if they settled pre-arbitration). This window closed 5 days after each team had their last scheduled arbitration hearing.

There will be no buyouts in the NHL until next June.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:37 AM
  #23
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,277
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Why poor Chipchura? He's a fourth line center.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:45 AM
  #24
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Hated this pick, hate it even more now !! The guy is just not good enough right now, just face it people !! If he would be good enough, Gainey wouldn't have trade for Lang. He with Higgins are probably the two most overrated players in the last 5 years !!
Go train you're skills in Hamilton and come back in 2 years, maybe Gainey will give you a spot.

He doesn't deserve any pity from anyone. Outplaying Lapierre isn't an impossible task as I know... If he can't outplay Lapierre in training camp, then sorry hon, but take this ticket to Hamilton and stay there for awhile !! Everytime I hear Kyle "Slowpoke" Chipchura, it reminds me of the "Superstar" Craig Darby...


Have you even seen Chipchura play prior to being drafted by the Canadiens? Anyone with two functioning eyes and enough brainpower to analyze a hockey games would realize this guy has a truckload of potential.

You know who the **** is overrated SERGEI ****ING KOSTITSYN. THAT'S ****ING RIGHT I SAID IT HE IS OVER ****ING RATED.

Other teams would kill to acquire Chipchura, as opposed Sergei who fits the Montreal system well, but I doubt he would do as well elsewhere.

So give us a ****ing break.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:49 AM
  #25
Taser19
Registered User
 
Taser19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kobak city
Country: Canada
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
No... the buy-out window has passed.

It ended on June 30th for Montreal and any teams who had no players in arbitration.

There was a second window for teams with players scheduled to go to arbitration (even if they settled pre-arbitration). This window closed 5 days after each team had their last scheduled arbitration hearing.

There will be no buyouts in the NHL until next June.
Well thanx, wasn't sure...

Taser19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.