HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchura

Old
09-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Lol, I love Erika, pisses so many people off, never changes opinion and yet you have a battalion of posters trying to. Good job Erika.

I wouldn't say poor Chipchura, he plays hockey for a living and makes more than most on this board even in Hamilton. He'll have to work for his spot, I don't see this as a bad thing at all.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
We still have training camp. For all we know he'll make the team as the 4th line centre.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
I don't get it.

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse
Higgins-Lang-Kostitsyn
Laraque-Chipchura-Lapierre

Ex: Begin, Kostopoulos. Dump Dandenault.

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges
Brisebois

Price
Halak

23 players, no?
I agree with you. and if Chipchura struggles, you can easily change him up with Lapierre. Also if Chips get's thrown out of the face-off, you can throw in another Center to take the face-off

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I agree with you. and if Chipchura struggles, you can easily change him up with Lapierre. Also if Chips get's thrown out of the face-off, you can throw in another Center to take the face-off
This is no problem for me to made him play a fourth line center role.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Why in hell does he deserve any pity? What exactly did he do?

He's so overrated on this board, it's scary.

He never proved he was ready for a full time job... let him develop... the guy's 22yo and is supposed to be a full time hab... what the hell?
I don't think that anyone here is saying that he's supposed to be a full time Hab. What people are saying though is that he's most likely ready to make the next step, which is playing in the NHL. No one is expecting a superstar (from what I've read), but a solid defensive center with good anticipation and a good solid head on his shoulders.

People seem to forget how well he was playing last year before being sent down to work on his face-offs. He was vastly outplaying Lapierre and many were outraged to see Chipper sent down instead of Max.

I don't think that saying that he's NHL ready is overrating him, as you put it in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
+ 38947589438478024389374350894353

Hated this pick, hate it even more now !! The guy is just not good enough right now, just face it people !! If he would be good enough, Gainey wouldn't have trade for Lang. He with Higgins are probably the two most overrated players in the last 5 years !!
Go train you're skills in Hamilton and come back in 2 years, maybe Gainey will give you a spot.

He doesn't deserve any pity from anyone. Outplaying Lapierre isn't an impossible task as I know... If he can't outplay Lapierre in training camp, then sorry hon, but take this ticket to Hamilton and stay there for awhile !! Everytime I hear Kyle "Slowpoke" Chipchura, it reminds me of the "Superstar" Craig Darby...

One day, he'll make you eat those words. Here's hoping that you'll be man enough to recognize it though.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:10 AM
WisdomMarigo

I hope that Chipchura has a good season

if Chipchura can make the 4th line he might score more then 5 goals

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-13-2008 at 10:49 AM.
WisdomMarigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
l

One day, he'll make you eat those words. Here's hoping that you'll be man enough to recognize it though.
I don't think she cares about being man enough for anyone.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
I don't think she cares about being man enough for anyone.
She? My apologies. There should be a gender thingy by the members' names... I guess I should pay more attention to the name.

The point remains though.

Old
09-13-2008, 10:23 AM
DoMakc

I don't have any problem with Erika and her "opinion" on Chipchura, I just ****ing hate these idiots, who think they should quote her .

DoMakc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
I don't get it.

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse
Higgins-Lang-Kostitsyn
Laraque-Chipchura-Lapierre

Ex: Begin, Kostopoulos. Dump Dandenault.

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges
Brisebois

Price
Halak

23 players, no?
Pretty much my lineup ... I don't get why the "poor chipchura" idea...they've said it many times. They want Lapierre to play on the wing!

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Lol, I love Erika, pisses so many people off, never changes opinion and yet you have a battalion of posters trying to. Good job Erika.

I wouldn't say poor Chipchura, he plays hockey for a living and makes more than most on this board even in Hamilton. He'll have to work for his spot, I don't see this as a bad thing at all.
I don't have a problem with her having an opinion and sticking by it; thats a good thing.

I have a problem with her shoving that opinion down my throat at every opportunity possible.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:55 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I don't have a problem with her having an opinion and sticking by it; thats a good thing.

I have a problem with her shoving that opinion down my throat at every opportunity possible.
I have a problem with that ******* smiley at the end of every post for no apparent reason except to be obnoxious.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 11:37 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
I have a problem with that ******* smiley at the end of every post for no apparent reason except to be obnoxious.
+ 1347675232

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 11:53 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I don't think that anyone here is saying that he's supposed to be a full time Hab. What people are saying though is that he's most likely ready to make the next step, which is playing in the NHL. No one is expecting a superstar (from what I've read), but a solid defensive center with good anticipation and a good solid head on his shoulders.

People seem to forget how well he was playing last year before being sent down to work on his face-offs. He was vastly outplaying Lapierre and many were outraged to see Chipper sent down instead of Max.

I don't think that saying that he's NHL ready is overrating him, as you put it in this post.
Well, putting him in the lineup instead of Lapierre, Begin and Kostopoulos... I call that being a "full-time hab."

As for last season, he was far from outplaying Lapierre... He was solid for a rookie, but made a lot of mistakes and saw his ice time decreasing game after game, rightly so, I might add.

But, yes, many were outraged... but, imo, for the wrong reasons... which I won't expose to prevent a new "words war"...

I don't mind that people think, he's nhl ready... I do think he could manage well, right now... but saying he's already better than Lapierre, Begin and Kostopoulos (Dandy, though, I agree) is vastly overating him.

Like I wrote, he's 22yo and another year in Hamilton to improve his skills is more than welcome... we have a great team and there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to rush him.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
Pretty much my lineup ... I don't get why the "poor chipchura" idea...they've said it many times. They want Lapierre to play on the wing!
It's poor Chipchura because as things stand NOW, he ain't making this club since we already have 23 NHLers under contract. That's the max you can carry until the deadline. He basically needs to have one of the better camps in a long time to make this team it appears. ''Decent'' or even ''good'' won't be enough.

Let's hope Dandenault impresses some team in pre-season, Chipchura impresses too, Carle and/or Valentenko convince the brass they could fill in if we suffer 2 or more D injuries...Dandy gets dealt to a team that can use him and Chipchura takes his spot on the roster.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Beakermania*

Poor Chipchura, hes not on the team this year... and he's online trying to buy tickets.

I feel sorry for the guy

Old
09-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Well, putting him in the lineup instead of Lapierre, Begin and Kostopoulos... I call that being a "full-time hab."

As for last season, he was far from outplaying Lapierre... He was solid for a rookie, but made a lot of mistakes and saw his ice time decreasing game after game, rightly so, I might add.

But, yes, many were outraged... but, imo, for the wrong reasons... which I won't expose to prevent a new "words war"...

I don't mind that people think, he's nhl ready... I do think he could manage well, right now... but saying he's already better than Lapierre, Begin and Kostopoulos (Dandy, though, I agree) is vastly overating him.

Like I wrote, he's 22yo and another year in Hamilton to improve his skills is more than welcome... we have a great team and there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to rush him.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I'm French Canadian born in Quebec and even I can admit that he was vastly outplaying Lapierre. He is and will be better than Max when given the opportunity... and I have a feeling that we'll see that this season as I'm predicting that Chipper will make the team and Dandenault will be gone.

EDIT: Notice that I'm not putting Lapierre down here, but that's how highly I think of Chipchura and what he brings to the table.

Old
09-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Haddock

One more year in steeltown won't hurt him, on the contrary. And he'll be the first call-up at center. With Lapierre's one way deal and talks of Sundin and possible player movement all summer long, I can't believe that he would really be surprised that there's no place for him at the moment. Like others said, this team and this organization is at another level right now. The development phase will take place mostly in Hamilton and not on a NHL team gunning for greatness this very season.

As far as annoying posters go, I would suggest to the complaining internet-dating couple to use this amazing forum tool that is the ignore function. I've been using it all summer for your little threads and it works perfectly!

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
As far as annoying posters go, I would suggest to the complaining internet-dating couple to use this amazing forum tool that is the ignore function. I've been using it all summer for your little threads and it works perfectly!
I'm not allowed to ignore posters or believe me I'd have 5-10 on my list.

Old
09-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Beaker, this all seemed to hit a flash point for EK while she was posting a series of player vs. player polls 4 or 6 months ago, IIRC.

I believe SKost may have gotten beaten out by one of the two (Higgins probably) as being more valuable to the organization, or something to that effect. She couldn't accept any rationalization as to why this might happen and has spent the bulk her time here since slagging both players at every opportunity.

I had cleared off the old IL but had to fire it up again.

Huuummmmm.....

You are completely wrong !!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...higgins&page=2

Sergei Kostitsyn destroyed Chris Higgins in this poll, easilly !!

Sergei got: 64,53%

Higgins got: 35,47%

Not even close sorry...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:43 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Don't get me wrong I like the addition of Lang. But with his addition it leaves Chipchura out in the cold for this year. Lats can't go anywhere, Lappiere probably won't either, and those are the only two he's liable to challenge for a lineup spot.

It's great to be deep but I think this is one player who deserves a spot and seems to be on the outside looking in. Will he end up being trade bait, or pay even more dues in the minors? Either way it doesn't seem fair for a guy who's done all the right things.
correction ; in my opinion it makes him work for a spot instead of having to step in because we have no other choice. BIG difference.

As much as everyone hands down prefers chip to lapierre, I think Lapierre was the one who earned a spot. Chips' potential is sky high, but what is it worth if he is not ready to lay everything on the line to earn a spot on the team? I don't care about him being captain of canada's juniors ... as much as I don't care anymore about the terrible year Kovalev had ...

Chip needs to start taking his cues on gorges and lapierre and earn a bloody spot... (is gorges a former captain?)the expected qualities of 3rd and 4th liners are intensity, determination and intelligence... if chip has something more to offer, fine, but until he proves to be more intense, intelligent and commited than lapierre is, I don't see him becoming the player we all hope he would become.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Hated this pick, hate it even more now !!
Who was your choice back then? 2004 is not on the verge of becoming the deepest draft ever, so unless your pick was maybe Zajac, Wolski or Meszaros, why would you be more thrilled with Korpikoski, Kaspar, Chucko or all the others chosen after?

Unless your pick was my pick.....Mike Green. Then be dissapointed.

But at the time, while I remember not being exactly ecstatic, it didn't disspoint me and I was happy about it. Big centerman with leadership abilities and maybe with the possibility of improving his skating and his offensive abilities, it was not a bad pick at that spot.

Until then, again, it's not a contest. It's not who reaches the NHL wins. I do believe how many people were saying how we should've picked Meszaros and then....average seasons and he's gone. How about the others chosen before Chip? Ladd, Wheeler, Montoya, Smid, Valabik, Tukonen, Thelen, Dubnyk.....Ordinairy drafts calls for ordinairy picks. In the end, Chip might not be that bad after all....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Erika

Why do I hate Higgins that much, let's put it clear here once and for all !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Beaker, this all seemed to hit a flash point for EK while she was posting a series of player vs. player polls 4 or 6 months ago, IIRC.

I believe SKost may have gotten beaten out by one of the two (Higgins probably) as being more valuable to the organization, or something to that effect. She couldn't accept any rationalization as to why this might happen and has spent the bulk her time here since slagging both players at every opportunity.

I had cleared off the old IL but had to fire it up again.

Huuummmmm.....

Not even close sorry...

As for the hate on Higgins, well I was not really a Higgins hater before last season. Just started recently... like November 2007... There's some points that got to my nerves about him very rapidly, let see:

1) Him saying that he could be a 40-40 guy as soon as this year (which means the 2007-2008 season, he said it in september or something), which proves he vastly overestimated his skills.

2) Talking trash about his ex-linemate Ryder... and how the coach should have made some changes sooner to help HIS line. (yeah right, if only you could've scored on at least 5% of you're chances and worked harder Chris...)

3) Gets thousand of chances, but could'nt score to save his life.

4) Having loooonnnng periods of slump, just floating around doing absolutely nothing, not hustling like he use too, shooting from 50 feet on the goalie's chest... Puckhugging, etc. His performance in the playoff was just the "goutte d'eau qui a fait déborder la vase"

5) Not knowing his role on the team... When he was matched with Smolinski on the 3rd line in somewhere January... he thought his role has changed... (yeahh good job Chris, you still played on the PP and didn't do anything)

6) Calling out Kovalev on some occasions... Who are you anyway Chris ?

7) Have lots of contraversial quotes calling out teammates and making some predictions...

8) Higgins is a poor first line material, a okay 2nd liner and an awesome 3rd line forward... which is something that most people don't agreed with me. He doesn't have the hands of a scorer plain and simple. He's like a better version of Jan Bulis, but nothing more IMO.

9) Some people think he will still be a 35-35 as soon as next season... The guy scored 27 goals on 100000 occasions and you guys are still satisfied with it. Take another guy with some scoring touch and place him in Higgins spot and he would at least scored 35 easilly. Higgins would be way more uselful to this team on the 3rd line.

10) One of many Higgins quote last year: In the final game againts New Jersey at some point during the media scrum Higgins is asked about beating the devils, he answers: " don't get me wrong ... I've got alloooot of respect for the devils players, these guys are excellent and work extremely hard but ... It's so awefully boring to play them ... they should be buying the crowd coffee to keep them awake ... "

yeahh right... Higgins was pathetic in that game and the guy still has the courage to make fun of the opponents ? lol

Here's the link: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...+Higgins+quote

11) Some people still think he is underrated and should have a career year this season... In my opinion, the guy is already at his peak... he is what he is right now... Expecting more from him is what's gonna make you be dissapointed in Higgins for another year.

12) His poor showing in the playoffs two times in a row... isn't worthy of all the hype from you guys... For a supposely leader and Future captain....

So overall, yeah... I hope you guys understand my point of views.... I hope it is clear for everyone...

So now I'm waiting on my feet fermly here to receive all the tomatoes.... Don't be shy, just throw me all what you got.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:51 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
+ 38947589438478024389374350894353

Hated this pick, hate it even more now !! The guy is just not good enough right now, just face it people !! If he would be good enough, Gainey wouldn't have trade for Lang. He with Higgins are probably the two most overrated players in the last 5 years !!
Go train you're skills in Hamilton and come back in 2 years, maybe Gainey will give you a spot.

He doesn't deserve any pity from anyone. Outplaying Lapierre isn't an impossible task as I know... If he can't outplay Lapierre in training camp, then sorry hon, but take this ticket to Hamilton and stay there for awhile !! Everytime I hear Kyle "Slowpoke" Chipchura, it reminds me of the "Superstar" Craig Darby...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:56 PM
shealy04

Quote:
Huuummmmm.....

Not even close sorry...

As for the hate on Higgins, well I was not really a Higgins hater before last season. Just started recently... like November 2007... There's some points that got to my nerves about him very rapidly, let see:

1) Him saying that he could be a 40-40 guy as soon as this year (which means the 2007-2008 season, he said it in september or something), which proves he vastly overestimated his skills.

2) Talking trash about his ex-linemate Ryder... and how the coach should have made some changes sooner to help HIS line. (yeah right, if only you could've scored on at least 5% of you're chances and worked harder Chris...)

3) Gets thousand of chances, but could'nt score to save his life.

4) Having loooonnnng periods of slump, just floating around doing absolutely nothing, not hustling like he use too, shooting from 50 feet on the goalie's chest... Puckhugging, etc. His performance in the playoff was just the "goutte d'eau qui a fait déborder la vase"

5) Not knowing his role on the team... When he was matched with Smolinski on the 3rd line in somewhere January... he thought his role has changed... (yeahh good job Chris, you still played on the PP and didn't do anything)

6) Calling out Kovalev on some occasions... Who are you anyway Chris ?

7) Have lots of contraversial quotes calling out teammates and making some predictions...

8) Higgins is a poor first line material, a okay 2nd liner and an awesome 3rd line forward... which is something that most people don't agreed with me. He doesn't have the hands of a scorer plain and simple. He's like a better version of Jan Bulis, but nothing more IMO.

9) Some people think he will still be a 35-35 as soon as next season... The guy scored 27 goals on 100000 occasions and you guys are still satisfied with it. Take another guy with some scoring touch and place him in Higgins spot and he would at least scored 35 easilly. Higgins would be way more uselful to this team on the 3rd line.

10) One of many Higgins quote last year: In the final game againts New Jersey at some point during the media scrum Higgins is asked about beating the devils, he answers: " don't get me wrong ... I've got alloooot of respect for the devils players, these guys are excellent and work extremely hard but ... It's so awefully boring to play them ... they should be buying the crowd coffee to keep them awake ... "

yeahh right... Higgins was pathetic in that game and the guy still has the courage to make fun of the opponents ? lol

Here's the link: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...+Higgins+quote

11) Some people still think he is underrated and should have a career year this season... In my opinion, the guy is already at his peak... he is what he is right now... Expecting more from him is what's gonna make you be dissapointed in Higgins for another year.

12) His poor showing in the playoffs two times in a row... isn't worthy of all the hype from you guys... For a supposely leader and Future captain....

So overall, yeah... I hope you guys understand my point of views.... I hope it is clear for everyone...

So now I'm waiting on my feet fermly here to receive all the tomatoes.... Don't be shy, just throw me all what you got.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote