HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Kalovy Vary in the league from next year?

Old
09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Den

vCash: 500
Kalovy Vary in the league from next year?

http://www.championat.ru/hockey/news-139942.html

I liked especially the argument that Russians buy lots of property there

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
why not, russian tourists can go watch other Russian teams play there. If they do join that would be interesting. Not sure what the idea though? How many new teams do we want in the KHL? How many teams do we want in the KHL period?32? Are there any poorer/weaker Russian teams going to be droped at the sake of foreign teams?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
why not, russian tourists can go watch other Russian teams play there. If they do join that would be interesting. Not sure what the idea though? How many new teams do we want in the KHL? How many teams do we want in the KHL period?32? Are there any poorer/weaker Russian teams going to be droped at the sake of foreign teams?
Right now there is only one Rus candidate, Avtomobilist. I think, and hope, that this is the last Russian team in the league. There's already too many weak teams. Which leaves us with 5-7 teams to be admitted at most. I do not believe that the Scandinavians will be joining: they seem to be set on creating their Nordic League. So, it's Czechs, Slovaks, Switzerland, Germany. Say 2 teams from Cze, 1 from Svk, 2-4 Swiss/German.

Old
09-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Paxton Fettel

KV is a very small city. and although there's Russians at every street corner, it just won't work.

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 06:51 AM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
KV is a very small city. and although there's Russians at every street corner, it just won't work.
60,000. But there are many towns around with Plzen and Prague relatively close. The bottom line is can they fill their new arena (6,000) and be competitive. If in some remote future the KHL moves to higher capacity arenas, than this franchise can be relocated.

Old
09-13-2008, 12:45 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Right now there is only one Rus candidate, Avtomobilist. I think, and hope, that this is the last Russian team in the league. There's already too many weak teams. Which leaves us with 5-7 teams to be admitted at most. I do not believe that the Scandinavians will be joining: they seem to be set on creating their Nordic League. So, it's Czechs, Slovaks, Switzerland, Germany. Say 2 teams from Cze, 1 from Svk, 2-4 Swiss/German.

Gazovik, Rus', KS (when all issues are resolved), Avtomobilist, Jugra to name a few Russian teams who voiced the intention of joining KHL.

Sokol and Torpedo Ust'-Kamenogorsk, as well as Junost' also may be in the waiting from CIS teams.

Old
09-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Gazovik, Rus', KS (when all issues are resolved), Avtomobilist, Jugra to name a few Russian teams who voiced the intention of joining KHL.

Sokol and Torpedo Ust'-Kamenogorsk, as well as Junost' also may be in the waiting from CIS teams.
Well, why do we need more floaters in the league? Sokol will never garner any money, BTW, I think. I'd rather have the Czech extraleague last year's runner-up then more gazoviks.

Old
09-14-2008, 10:01 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Well, why do we need more floaters in the league? Sokol will never garner any money, BTW, I think. I'd rather have the Czech extraleague last year's runner-up then more gazoviks.
I think having truly foreign teams will not work, and if it will it will only work temporarily. There are millions of reasons why, no need to name them they are obvious. It might work for a year or two, but in the end there will be a need to search for a replacement team.