HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs #16 Prospect

View Poll Results: Habs #16 Prospect
Oskari Korpikari 18 33.96%
Jonathan Ferland 16 30.19%
Andrew Archer 4 7.55%
Mark Flood 8 15.09%
Danny Stewart 4 7.55%
Johan Eneqvist 0 0%
Matt Shasby 0 0%
Thomas Linhart 0 0%
Ryan Glenn 1 1.89%
Christopher Heino-Lindberg 1 1.89%
Christain Larrivee 1 1.89%
M-A Thinel 0 0%
Jimmy Bonneau 0 0%
Rene Vydarney 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2004, 05:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Habs #16 Prospect

#1: Andrei Kastitsyn (LW)
#2: Chris Higgins (LW)
#3: Alex Perezhogin (RW)
#4: Tomas Plekanec (C)
#5: Ron Hainsey (D)
#6: Marcel Hossa (LW)
#7: Yann Danis (G)
#8: Cory Urquhart (C)
#9: Maxim Lapierre (C)
#10: Corey Locke (C)
#11: Konstantin Korneev (D)
#12: Duncan Milroy (RW)
#13: Ryan O'Byrne (D)
#14: Jaroslav Halak (G)
#15: Michael Lambert (LW)
#16:

Old
06-22-2004, 05:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Ok I know these polls may be getting tiresome, but I like to hear your opinions on the prospects, even if you haven't seen them. The final few here should be interesting, as it's very hard to put one over the other. Korpikari, Ferland, Archer, Flood, Lindberg, Stewart, Shasby all have some good skills and holes in their game. Korpikari would be my pick based on the 2 games I've seen him play. He looked decent, good size, skating, hopefully a few good years at Karpat will be good for him.

Old
06-22-2004, 05:31 PM

I'll go with ferland due to his current situation and he should be able to contribute a little more in Hamilton next year

Old
06-22-2004, 05:57 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Stewart for me I expect a good season for Stewart next season.

Old
06-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I will go with Flood. He had his best season and almost played with the bulldogs at the end of the year. He will have to fill out his frame and he could turn out to be a good D for us...

Old
06-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I'll go with ferland due to his current situation and he should be able to contribute a little more in Hamilton next year
I also pick him , he has the size and he work hard . Hopefully he'll improve his skill set with more ice time .

Old
06-22-2004, 06:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I am expecting a big season for Stewart as well. I liked his speed and shot, he seems to shoot often and from all over the place. He took some stupid penalities and is a little easy to knock off the puck still, I think he could surprise a few people down the road, but only if he improves his body strenght and learns to play smarter hockey. I know he gets knocked down for having Crosby on his line, but in the 2 games I saw he wasn't with Crosby and some of the games I'd listen to on the radio had him centering the 2nd line. He seems weak on face-offs, don't see him staying at center outside of playing for Rimouski.

Flood was considered on of the most improved players in the OHL this season. He is on the small side, and not too physical from what I've seen. I like his puck moving abilities and skating though. I did hope he would get a look during his ATO contract, so now it's hard to say if he will be in Hamilton, the ECHL or OHL next season. I'll assume he can make the team in Hamilton if Dykhuis and Traverse are gone, I would assume a few spots open up. Hopefully Shasby gets one too.

Ferland I like his play on the boards and he drives to the net. But his foot speed could use some work, along with his skating. If he's going to continue to play a physical game, I'd like to see him add a few pounds too. I've had high hopes with him since we drafted him, but we'll see if he can show a big improvement on last season with more ice time. I'm hoping to see him improve his offensive game. He usually played on the 3rd line in the 11 or so games I've seen, so it was hard for him to create a lot, just like to see him burry a few more next year and improve his foot speed/skating.

Old
06-22-2004, 06:11 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I have been picking Ferland since the 12th poll... he once again gets my vote.

Old
06-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I picked Ferland, basically for the simplistic reason that he's the only guy I've seen much of, and he did occasionally show flashes of being a good corner/crease guy. But if anybody on the rest of this list ever makes it to the NHL, we'll be awfully lucky.

(I would like to pick Stewart or Flood based on what other people say of them, but I don't have a solid opinion of my own to go by).

Korpikari... looked very generic in the WJC, but I think that's sort of his niche, and he probably has a long way to go. Just being on a WJC team gives him some accolades, though.

Old
06-22-2004, 06:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Korpikari... looked very generic in the WJC, but I think that's sort of his niche, and he probably has a long way to go. Just being on a WJC team gives him some accolades, though.

Korpikari is a tough one to guage with such little exposure. Plus he didn't end the season with Karpat because he didn't dress for enough games or something along those lines. After his injury at the WJC's, he missed a good chunck of the season and then ended up back in juniors.

I agree with you on the wjc's. I like to see our guys at the WJC's. Although I think we've gotten the short end from Team Canada. Milroy, Locke, Urquhart, Lambert, I had hoped to see at least one guy make it. But with the depth of Team Canada, it's not a surprise to see some good players left off.

Last year we had Halak, Korneev, Korpikari, Kastsitsyn, Linhart. Would have been nice if Locke or Urquhart could have made the team as well.

Old
06-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
I picked Korpikari,I think he as a bright future

Old
06-23-2004, 10:58 AM
J-D

IMO it's between Ferland, Shasby, Korpikari and Archer for the next 4 spots.

Old
06-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Mike8

Toss-up between Korpikari, Archer and Ferland. They're head and shoulders above the rest.

After them would be Eneqvist (with some ease), in my opinion.

Old
06-23-2004, 11:26 AM
eddy

Oskari Korpikari gets my vote, was close between picking him or Ferland for me.

Closed Thread