HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Atlanta

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2008, 06:24 PM
  #1
MarryMarner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Toronto - Atlanta

Kovalchuk needs to get out of Atlanta. Toronto is in desperate need of a superstar. Atlanta needs to get more quality good players rather than just 1 good one. So here it is...

Ilya Kovalchuk
Todd White

for

Alex Steen
Jiri Tlusty
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Pavel Kubina
Dimitri Vorabeiv
1st in 2010

This gives Atlanta a great young center who could be a 1a 1b with Little. Tlusty is a good young player who i believe could be on a second line this year. Kubina is very underrated and would easily become the thrashers number 1 defenseman. Vorabeiv is a great player the only problem is getting him over. And a Leafs 1st round draft pick is usually somehting pretty valuable to have

Toronto gets a superstar finally and gets a durable 2nd or 3rd line center.

I think this would really help out both teams in the future.

Leafs sign Bouwmeester and Cammalleri in the Summer and they are have officially done a quick fix.

Leafs 2009-10 Lines

Kulemin-Cammalleri-Kovalchuk
Blake-Antropov-Duchene/Schenn
Hagman-Stajan-Bell
Mayers-Moore-Devereaux

Kaberle-Stralman
Bouwmeester-Finger
Van Ryn-Colaiacovo

Toskala

Atlanta 2009-10 Lines

Christensen-Little-Tavares
Kozlov-Steen-Tlusty

Kubina-Enstrom
Bogosian-Hainsey

MarryMarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 06:27 PM
  #2
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,538
vCash: 500
He doesn't need to get out of Atlanta, that's a matter of your opinion. He re-signed there, he can wait it out.

This won't happen, too big of a trade, and Atlanta's not going to move him until they have to. Which may not happen.

__________________
Future now!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 07:53 PM
  #3
madpooh
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
Even if Atl. has to get "rid" of Kovalchuk they wont need to till 09/10. I assume other teams would offer something with a nicer centerpiece. Its a bunch of B and C players as opposed to A players.

madpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 08:01 PM
  #4
IranCondraAffair
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Other teams would offer better packages

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
  #5
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,148
vCash: 500
quality > quantity buddy

first off, kovy can stay in Atlanta this year, and i bet he wouldnt want to go to a rebuilding toronto. the thrashers from what i know also like little, as well as he's very young as is unproven, so theyre not going to trade him AND kovy.

second, all those players value dont equal kovy's value to the thrashers. poni is not the every year 20 goal scorer you think he is. the thrashers already have a #1 dman in hainsey, and a future one in bogosian, so they really dont have a huge need for kubina. tlustly and steen can fall in a hole they have almost no value, and no value to land a guy like kovy. and who the hell is
dimitri vorabeiv? the 1st 10 is the only valuable thing going the thrashers way, since everyone knows its going to be top 5. did i say top 5? i meant top 3.

third, thats not cool how you said the maple leafs are just "going to sign bouwmeester and cammalleri and its a quick fix" in the offseason as if its no big deal. not a lot of high-status players like them are going to want to play in rebuilding toronto. you overate the maple leafs too much.

good luck finding a proposal that works out for the team thats not the maple leafs, knowing you, you're gonna be gone for a while.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
  #6
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,492
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
quality > quantity buddy

first off, kovy can stay in Atlanta this year, and i bet he wouldnt want to go to a rebuilding toronto. the thrashers from what i know also like little, as well as he's very young as is unproven, so theyre not going to trade him AND kovy.

second, all those players value dont equal kovy's value to the thrashers. poni is not the every year 20 goal scorer you think he is. the thrashers already have a #1 dman in hainsey, and a future one in bogosian, so they really dont have a huge need for kubina. tlustly and steen can fall in a hole they have almost no value, and no value to land a guy like kovy. and who the hell is
dimitri vorabeiv? the 1st 10 is the only valuable thing going the thrashers way, since everyone knows its going to be top 5. did i say top 5? i meant top 3.

third, thats not cool how you said the maple leafs are just "going to sign bouwmeester and cammalleri and its a quick fix" in the offseason as if its no big deal. not a lot of high-status players like them are going to want to play in rebuilding toronto. you overate the maple leafs too much.

good luck finding a proposal that works out for the team thats not the maple leafs, knowing you, you're gonna be gone for a while.
Its funny you post this. Because its an Islanders fan telling a Leafs fan they will be low in the standings.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 08:27 PM
  #7
cantwell7
Registered User
 
cantwell7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 695
hahaha this guy cracks me up !

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
  #8
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
wtf is with the Kovalchuk trades of late

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 08:53 PM
  #9
NYVanfan
Registered User
 
NYVanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,188
vCash: 50
no schenn?
no '09 first?

why would atl consider this?
i dont think TO has what it takes to land him, assuming he was on the block

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:24 PM
  #10
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Its funny you post this. Because its an Islanders fan telling a Leafs fan they will be low in the standings.
i never said the isles wont be in the top 3 either lol

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:42 PM
  #11
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Too much of an overpayment by Toronto. I doubt any team would have to pay that much.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 11:58 PM
  #12
Enstrom39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Kovalchuk needs to get out of Atlanta. Toronto is in desperate need of a superstar. Atlanta needs to get more quality good players rather than just 1 good one. So here it is...

Ilya Kovalchuk
Todd White

for

Alex Steen
Jiri Tlusty
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Pavel Kubina
Dimitri Vorabeiv
1st in 2010

This gives Atlanta a great young center who could be a 1a 1b with Little. Tlusty is a good young player who i believe could be on a second line this year. Kubina is very underrated and would easily become the thrashers number 1 defenseman. Vorabeiv is a great player the only problem is getting him over. And a Leafs 1st round draft pick is usually somehting pretty valuable to have

Toronto gets a superstar finally and gets a durable 2nd or 3rd line center.

I think this would really help out both teams in the future.
Seriously people. Just because you might want Kovalchuk on your team doesn't mean it is going to happen. He is signed for 2 more years and DW has said they are not trading away their marquee players. If he tells the team NEXT summer he will not re-sign then a deal might be in order--but not until next summer.

If you want to continue to make offers, then make some serious ones. Any Kovalchuk package would have to start with Luke Schenn and get more painful from there.

WE HAVE ZERO INTEREST IN GUYS WILL BECOME UFA AND LEAVE IN TWO YEARS...like Poinkarovsky or Kubina.

You must give us your future, prospects and picks. Russians are also not terrible attractive given that they can just leave in a huff and go the KHL.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 01:56 AM
  #13
MarryMarner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Counter...

Nik Antropov
Luke Schenn
1st

MarryMarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 02:08 AM
  #14
Reality Check
Registered User
 
Reality Check's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Now you're just being blatant with your idiotic proposals in hope for attention

Sad to say but you were better as the clueless, yet lovable troll

I'm sorry bro...but you've jumped the shark

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:12 AM
  #15
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Counter...

Nik Antropov
Luke Schenn
1st
Stop with this silly proposal crap! Schenn was just brought into the Leafs organization and you want to trade him for two years of Kovalchuk? Makes zero sense for Toronto. BTW that OP is laughable.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:47 AM
  #16
JeffYear92*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Counter...

Nik Antropov
Luke Schenn
1st
can someone finally ban this kid already

hes a joke

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:33 AM
  #17
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
There is no such thing as a quick fix.

Better start dealing with it.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:58 AM
  #18
Richybaby
Registered User
 
Richybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sorel
Country: Canada
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Halak + Dandenault + 2nd

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:56 AM
  #19
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Kovalchuk won't be traded until next season if at all, at which point his value will have substantially risen or lessened.

Pointless to start these threads now.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 11:58 PM
  #20
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Kovalchuk needs to get out of Atlanta. Toronto is in desperate need of a superstar. Atlanta needs to get more quality good players rather than just 1 good one. So here it is...

Ilya Kovalchuk
Todd White

for

Alex Steen
Jiri Tlusty
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Pavel Kubina
Dimitri Vorabeiv
1st in 2010
Why would Toronto want to give up so much for a guy who might walk after the 2010 season. Could you imagine what would happen if he didn't resign? Toronto would be in a much much worse situation. I'm talking NY Islanders worse.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:27 AM
  #21
Enstrom39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Counter...

Nik Antropov
Luke Schenn
1st
Are you like 12 years old or something?

Why would Atlanta trade Kovalchuk who has 2 years left before UFA for Antropov WHO ONLY HAS ONE YEAR BEFORE FREE AGENCY!!!!!!


Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:00 AM
  #22
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falconer View Post
Are you like 12 years old or something?

Why would Atlanta trade Kovalchuk who has 2 years left before UFA for Antropov WHO ONLY HAS ONE YEAR BEFORE FREE AGENCY!!!!!!

Because Luke Schen is expected to be the next Scott Stevens?

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:55 AM
  #23
IranCondraAffair
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
There is no such thing as a quick fix.

Better start dealing with it.
Tell Philly

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:06 AM
  #24
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioJoeCorvo View Post
Tell Philly
That was a fluke, if you ask me. I don't think i've ever seen a team turn things around like that. Guess we're kinda waiting on tampa to see if they've done it as well. Unless their goalie grows a few more arms I think they're going to have a big problem on defense.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:27 AM
  #25
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
I'm just curious Jeff, whos' that 1A/1B center in your idea? because I don't see it.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.