HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse ; i can lose my spot

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2008, 07:42 PM
  #51
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Anybody impressed to see that Valentenko went to the camp as well? Reading this and seeing Valentenko developing makes me think of Emelin, Trunev, Korneev at the same time though....
I noticed his name on the list. He has to be one of the oldest kids there no? At least one with the most pro experience.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 07:50 PM
  #52
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Nope, you're right it is "owe". They're saying that the canadiens "owe" Max Pac to at least give him a fair shot at cracking the line up.
OK cool. At first I took that to be a little strong, but now I realize that as far as owing him anything, a shot to crack the lineup is really just an invite to camp to let him try and compete against the vets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Word is that members of Habs management firmly believe Pacioretty is ready to start the year in Montreal. Whether it's Timmins himself, or if people believe room needs to be made, remains to be seen.
I doubt any such word is circulating anywhere. Would he take the Phat Kid's spot? Nope. Could he take Lapierre's post, or Begin's, or Kosopolous's? Not bloody likely that a college kids is so high in the minds of Habs brass.


Last edited by Lord Horse: 09-13-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:03 PM
  #53
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I was just going to post that...

And it's not a bad thing to have a faster plamaker on a line BTW, it's not like they can't slow down ( not that the difference beetween Latendresse and S.Kost is THAT big), but i think that Higgins-Lang-S.Kost would make a killer 3rd line

You think so ?

Watch at 1:15 and 1:30






Watch at 3:40





Yes, their speed Difference is THAT big !! Sergei's speed is very underrated because he uses it only when he needs, so people doesn't notice it. Sergei's game is based on slowing the play, but the guy can definitly put on the Nitro if he wanted...




Last edited by Erika: 09-13-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:24 PM
  #54
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,777
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
You think so ?

Watch at 1:15 and 1:30






Watch at 3:40





Yes, their speed Difference is THAT big !! Sergei's speed is very underrated because he uses it only when he needs, so people doesn't notice it. Sergei's game is based on slowing the play, but the guy can definitly put on the Nitro if he wanted...



1:15: did you just seriously suggest a clip of sergei where he's ahead only because he came out of the penalty box?

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:28 PM
  #55
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I think a lot of folks are gunning for Maxpac to make the big club a bit too early. The reason is probably because they rushed Lats in without AHL experience so they figure the same will happen to Pacioretty because he's a similar player. imho, they're going to wait this time around for two reasons. They realized Latendresse could have used the year or two in the AHL and, there isn't a need to rush someone in now like there was two years ago. If you ask me Max is going to play in Hamilton for a while and they won't rush him at all. Just my opinion of course. I haven't actually seen the guy play other than highlights.
The difference is Max can skate right now. Lats is still working on it. And as for the post you quoted I think he's refering to Pierre Mcguire. I heard him on the team 990 saying that there were 2 camps in Montreal. Some think he's ready to play in the NHL now. I wouldnt be surprised if he made the team out of camp.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:36 PM
  #56
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
1:15: did you just seriously suggest a clip of sergei where he's ahead only because he came out of the penalty box?
I know he came out of the Penality box, but he sucessfully kept up with Plekanec at full accelaration while Sergei wasn't at full speed at all and that is VERY VERY Impressive... I hope you understand what I mean.




Last edited by Erika: 09-13-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:44 PM
  #57
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I know he came out of the Penality box, but he sucessfully kept up with Plekanec at full accelaration while Sergei wasn't at full speed at all and that is VERY VERY Impressive.


He came out of the box with a lead on everyone. Not a good example. Even Lats would have kept up with Pleks at that point.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:50 PM
  #58
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I know he came out of the Penality box, but he sucessfully kept up with Plekanec at full accelaration while Sergei wasn't at full speed at all and that is VERY VERY Impressive... I hope you understand what I mean.


How much does Sergei pay you?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 11:41 PM
  #59
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I know he came out of the Penality box, but he sucessfully kept up with Plekanec at full accelaration while Sergei wasn't at full speed at all and that is VERY VERY Impressive... I hope you understand what I mean.

[I'm here to assassinate players who don't appeal to me.]
Sorry, we can't understand what you mean because you're infatuated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I think a lot of folks are gunning for Maxpac to make the big club a bit too early. The reason is probably because they rushed Lats in without AHL experience so they figure the same will happen to Pacioretty because he's a similar player. imho, they're going to wait this time around for two reasons. They realized Latendresse could have used the year or two in the AHL and, there isn't a need to rush someone in now like there was two years ago. If you ask me Max is going to play in Hamilton for a while and they won't rush him at all. Just my opinion of course. I haven't actually seen the guy play other than highlights.
The Habs already have 3 lines stacked with players who can each score at least 15 goals. Pacioretty isn't needed at this point.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-14-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 01:18 AM
  #60
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
You think so ?

Watch at 1:15 and 1:30

Watch at 3:40


Yes, their speed Difference is THAT big !! Sergei's speed is very underrated because he uses it only when he needs, so people doesn't notice it. Sergei's game is based on slowing the play, but the guy can definitly put on the Nitro if he wanted...
I agree that Segei is a very quick player but those first two are awful examples to illustrate your point.

As noted alread on the 1:15 play he is coming out of the Penalty box.

on the 1:30 play he passes his two line mates cutting to the net, however his linemates are slowing down the play and pealing to the outside as they enter the zone. They are not attacking with speed, but rather creating space and slowing things down looking to set something up. Its not a true indication of his speed because we don't see him skating full speed against another player... We only see that Sergei is going full speed, we have no player to compare him to.

The third play is very impressive as he is behind Darryl Sydor to start and is able to pass him and retrieve the puck. Sydor is not a bad skater, so its an impressive show.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 01:21 AM
  #61
KovalevDeke
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
He only lost 10 pounds ??? that's freaking pathetic ... for real, not even kidding

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 04:42 AM
  #62
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
He only lost *almost* 10 pounds, seriously.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 04:48 AM
  #63
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevDeke View Post
He only lost 10 pounds ??? that's freaking pathetic ... for real, not even kidding
I can lose 10 pounds in a week.

However, I can't lose 10 pounds and retain my muscle unless I work *real bloody hard*.

If he dropped his body fat ratio during those 10 pounds, then yeah, its a serious thing.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:06 AM
  #64
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
For all those saying Chris Higgins is not top-6 talent, we all know that 3rd or 4th liners don't score 27 goals in a so-called off year. I can't wait to see him out of everyone next year.

Edit: That being said, putting him on the 3rd line on this team could definitely be an option, but he can easily fit in the top 2 lines as well.


Last edited by benji: 09-14-2008 at 05:16 AM.
benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:07 AM
  #65
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Lats and Higgins are not top-6 talent (not on this team anymore, K Brothers, Kovalev, Tanguay are above). And both are RFA's at the end of the season. All I'm saying is that if Bob thinks we need a bit more punch and is confident we can go for a cup, I would think these guys are the prime targets for a trade. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for all of them to stay and I'm not a big fan of deadline trades, but we have to face that possibility.

TK, Dandenault, Begin are gone at the end of the year (before that for Dandy) and I'm not going to lose sleep over it. We have to deal with Tanguay, Kovalev, Koivu, Lang and Komisarek really. Koivu will not stay (most likely). I don't know about Lang, but I'm quite sure Tanguay and Kovy will be here next year.

Anyways, I'm steering off topic here.
I dont see how that matters. After adding Lang were top 9 team. Kovalev and Tanguay could be gone next year and theres no proof our prospect wingers making it, not yet. We need to keep these guys both short and long term.


Last edited by Marksman: 09-14-2008 at 05:17 AM.
Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:00 AM
  #66
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,263
vCash: 500
good news. We have to be patient with a player like Latendresse and don't make the same mistake the Islanders did with Bertuzzi. Latendresse will become a very good player. I don't expect a breakout this year but maybe the next.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:13 AM
  #67
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I'm one that's never really seen his speed as a real concern. He's slow, sure, but thus far that hasn't hindered his ability for scoring. He'll be the trailer on a fast break -- which he should be. He'll out-muscle guys for the puck to score -- which he should be doing.

Even if he improves his speed, he'll never outrace anybody (except Derian Hatcher last year). Get stronger, work on your puck control and passing and the points will come.

The only thing I can see speed helping is his ability to backcheck, which does need to improve.
I agree. Luc Robitaille was not the best skater out there and was picked later than expected for that reason. He didn't have too bad of a career. What about Dave Andrewchuk? Speedster? There are many successful NHL'ers who are not very fast, but are very effective. I happen to think that Latendresse lack of foot speed is emphasized by the fact that the rest of the team is very, very fast. We are said to be one of the fastest skating teams in the entire NHL.

Also, people either forget or simply refuse to acknowledge Latendresse's age. Give him time and put realistic expectations on the kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I can lose 10 pounds in a week.

However, I can't lose 10 pounds and retain my muscle unless I work *real bloody hard*.

If he dropped his body fat ratio during those 10 pounds, then yeah, its a serious thing.
Someone who understands conditioning.

It's truly sad to see some of the negative comments from such a positive article. It goes to show that some can make vinegar out of wine wherever they want. Must be a long life seeing things negative all the time.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:28 AM
  #68
#eleven
Registered User
 
#eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
That's great news. I hope he also realises that he should get more nasty and physical. At least it looks more possible now 'cause he says he's more confident on skates and has better balance.

#eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:41 AM
  #69
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #eleven View Post
That's great news. I hope he also realises that he should get more nasty and physical. At least it looks more possible now 'cause he says he's more confident on skates and has better balance.
That's what I hope too, cause if he was more physical and mean, his skating deficiencies wouldn't be that magnified. Right now he's more of a finesse big guy than a PF prospect...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:44 AM
  #70
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
I mean even AD who posted like 15 different line-ups in the least 2 days would have problem trying to fit Max Pac in.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 12:03 PM
  #71
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I mean even AD who posted like 15 different line-ups in the least 2 days would have problem trying to fit Max Pac in.
Why rushing Maxpac at NHL level this year ? There is no need to do it. A year at pro level in the AHL won't hurt him and he will more ready than Latendrese when he reaches the NHL.

He' better play 18-20 minutes a game in Hamilton than 5-10 minutes on a fourth line in Montreal

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 01:15 PM
  #72
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevDeke View Post
He only lost 10 pounds ??? that's freaking pathetic ... for real, not even kidding
First off we dont want him to turn in to a tooth pick.
Secondly losing 10lbs can mean losing 20lbs of fat and gaining 10lbs of muscle.

But...some times people have to help others for whome realizing these things is a little to complicated.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 02:24 PM
  #73
KovalevDeke
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
First off we dont want him to turn in to a tooth pick.
Secondly losing 10lbs can mean losing 20lbs of fat and gaining 10lbs of muscle.

But...some times people have to help others for whome realizing these things is a little to complicated.
Tell me who can gain 10 LBS of MUSCLE in 3 months ??? are you serious ?

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 02:25 PM
  #74
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I mean even AD who posted like 15 different line-ups in the least 2 days would have problem trying to fit Max Pac in.
I had a headache just thinking about it.


Really no need to rush the guy at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevDeke View Post
Tell me who can gain 10 LBS of MUSCLE in 3 months ??? are you serious ?
Many people.

Professional athletes with personal trainers and diet specialists who follow them constantly

Guillaume Latendresse.


Just sayin..


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-14-2008 at 03:50 PM.
AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 02:27 PM
  #75
KovalevDeke
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Many people.

Professional athletes with personal trainers and diet specialists who follow them constantly

Guillaume Latendresse.


Just sayin..
10 lbs of PURE muscle in 3 months , I don't think so... Latendresse isn't a bodybuilder ! And I doubt he's training like one

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.