HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Eklund Rumor: Mega Deal in the Works+

Old
09-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Brutal. I wouldn't do Gomez for Bieksa straight up.
No but you figure that its not going to be Gomez and Sanguenetti for Bieska straight up. Maybe Gomez and Sanguenetti for Bieska and Kessler...

Or maybe a pipe dream but, Gomez Sanguenetti Prucha 1st 2nd for Bieska and the Sedins...

09-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post

Or maybe a pipe dream but, Gomez Sanguenetti Prucha 1st 2ndfor Bieska and the Sedins...
Vancouver would take that and run, whats up with everyone on the Sedin bandwagon. Gomez > Henrik or Daniel Sedin.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:38 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Some guy on the Trade rumors board proposed a new one...

Sangs
Gomez
Mara

for

Bieska
Kesler

Absolultely brutal. Sangs would have to be taken out and Vancouver would have to add a high pick for the Rangers to even consider.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:40 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Vancouver would take that and run, whats up with everyone on the Sedin bandwagon. Gomez > Henrik or Daniel Sedin.
by a wide margin

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Some guy on the Trade rumors board proposed a new one...

Sangs
Gomez
Mara

for

Bieska
Kesler

Absolultely brutal. Sangs would have to be taken out and Vancouver would have to add a high pick for the Rangers to even consider.
yeah thats jeff. dont even pay attention to his proposals there all annoying and dont make any sense.

Old
09-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
by a wide margin

but we still have to add our best defensive prospect a 1st a 2nd and prucha

Old
09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Unk

Whats w/ this idea of trading Gomez for the Sedins? They make $7 mil (total) right now, so its not much in the way of a cap clearing measure, and since they're UFAs, I can imagine next season they'll make a collective $12 mil. Can't we just stick with what we have for now?

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:56 PM
eco's bones

Well looking at it from the Rangers standpoint Gomez and Sanguinetti for Bieska and something I would think fairly significant.

Whatever else Bieska would do he would toughen up our defense. 40 some points in 06-07 would say he can move the puck as well. Trading Gomez and replacing him with a better player (sorry it's true) in Sundin on a shorter term contract would also mean freeing up cap space in the (relative to length of term of deal--2 years?) near future. The Rangers could do a deal with Vancouver (conditioned on their replacing of Gomez with Sundin) that would make them a stronger team on offense (Sundin>Gomez) and defense (addition of Bieska).

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Well looking at it from the Rangers standpoint Gomez and Sanguinetti for Bieska and something I would think fairly significant.

Whatever else Bieska would do he would toughen up our defense. 40 some points in 06-07 would say he can move the puck as well. Trading Gomez and replacing him with a better player (sorry it's true) in Sundin on a shorter term contract would also mean freeing up cap space in the (relative to length of term of deal--2 years?) near future. The Rangers could do a deal with Vancouver (conditioned on their replacing of Gomez with Sundin) that would make them a stronger team on offense (Sundin>Gomez) and defense (addition of Bieska).
Bieska also had a major injury which we dont even know how he can play and why would you add sangs in the trade when Gomez clearly has much more value than Bieska when they were talking about Gionta for Bieska straight up. none of it makes sense.

Old
09-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Rust Heisenberg

this is just stupid. the rangers are not trading gomez. their whole team plan revolvs him. they have 1 expandable big player and that is drury. if anyone got traded it would be him... to be considered a mega trade. gomez is not going anywhere. my guess is drury and someone else for a really good player with a low salary. then this makes room for shanny and sundin and then everyone is happy.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:13 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Bieska also had a major injury which we dont even know how he can play and why would you add sangs in the trade when Gomez clearly has much more value than Bieska when they were talking about Gionta for Bieska straight up. none of it makes sense.
First off we all know the reliability of the source. Second I'd expect there be much more than Bieska coming back for Gomez and Sanguinetti. What that would be is what would make it a deal or not--and not knowing I wouldn't say yes or no.

What I am saying is there could be logic to such a deal--even logic to including Sanguinetti after this summers drafting of a similar styled offensive minded d-man in Del Zotto and looking at our projected defense at the moment we have Staal, Redden and Roszival who will all most likely be here 4 seasons from now by which time Del Zotto I would hope would be at least knocking on the door and Girardi as well may be still around and to which Bieska would be added as well. And looked at this way two quality players in your lineup (Sundin + Bieska) for the price of one quality player--the team is bigger, with someone for a change with a mean streak playing defense and we might even some cap space in the next couple years.

Old
09-14-2008, 06:14 PM
John Torturella

How can someone actually think there is any validity to this? I cant remember the last time one of his trade rumors came true. You should get points for posting Eklund rumors.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:18 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
this is just stupid. the rangers are not trading gomez. their whole team plan revolvs him. they have 1 expandable big player and that is drury. if anyone got traded it would be him... to be considered a mega trade. gomez is not going anywhere. my guess is drury and someone else for a really good player with a low salary. then this makes room for shanny and sundin and then everyone is happy.
As for Drury I would much rather move him than Gomez but there are is the problem of his contract which is NMC. He's not going anywhere unless he agrees to it. I would think the Rangers are up to something--currently being over the cap and Shanahan is working out with them. Makes you wonder.

Old
09-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

im guessing there is something happening.

shanny wants back and they will give it to him. sundin wants in and they will also give it to him. drury is what i think is going to get traded b/c he's gone in 4 years and gomez still has 6. Plus gomez is a lot more valuable. he creates plays and he's also a speed demon on ice. Probably Drury and Prucha for someone inexpensive and good. Then that leaves like 9mill in cap space or 10 and the rangers give shanny 3.5 and 7.5 to sundin.

Old
09-14-2008, 06:24 PM
segmentation fault

Shanahan signing "may be imminent?" Then it aint exactly imminent now is it?

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Really? Based on what? Daniel sedin had 29 goals last year with 45 assists for 74 points and.... here is the kicker, Henrik had astoundingly similar numbers to Gomez with 15 goals and 61 assists for 76 points... Gomez had 16 goals and 54 assists for 70 points...

So tell me... how is Gomez better then either? If we can toss Gomez + for both of them its a BIG BIG win for the Rangers... Maybe the 1st and 2nd were a bit much...

Gomez, Sanguenetti, Prucha 3rd.

That frees up 9.1 mil in capspace... 1.6 for Prucha, 7.5 for gomez, Sedins make 7 between the two of them... Next year they are bound for a raise you figure you can coax them into taking 5.5 a piece to stay together in new york rather then being split up...

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 09-14-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
azrok22

Quote:
*Waits patiently until any mention of Eklund on the forum is banned*
*Waits patiently until any of Eklund's rumors actually come true*

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Rust Heisenberg

actually i also see rosival being in it...

rosival gone and we get ohlund in return. just a piece.

Old
09-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
Really? Based on what? Daniel sedin had 29 goals last year with 45 assists for 74 points and.... here is the kicker, Henrik had astoundingly similar numbers to Gomez with 15 goals and 61 assists for 76 points...

So tell me... how is Gomez better then either? If we can toss Gomez + for both of them its a BIG BIG win for the Rangers.
Gomez is a much faster player, plays a North-South style which we are adapting, he is good defensively and is great at faceoffs. its unbelievable of how Overrated the Sedins are getting.

Old
09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

gotta love these types of things......well least its something to read right?

and for the record....Bieksa's leg is 100% and he feels great....so nothing lingering

first it was...."Nucks / Devils blockbuster coming soon"
Now it's...."Nucks/ Rangers mega deal"

so i guess in 3 months it will be "Canucks/ Islanders super deal in the works!! "

seems to be the way it is with the Canucks according to Eklund

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Gomez is a much faster player, plays a North-South style which we are adapting, he is good defensively and is great at faceoffs. its unbelievable of how Overrated the Sedins are getting.
Over rated based on what? They have very solid numbers. Im sorry but you cant tell me that taking two 70-80+ point players at 11-12 million isnt better then one 70 point player at 7.5.

Old
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

i'm really not trying to start anything here, but i am curious. How many of u have actually seen the Sedins' play more than 5 games...

and some people are saying Gomez for both of them?

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury Fan View Post
this could happen ...

To Van: Petr Prucha, Scott Gomez, Patty Rissmiller

To NYR: Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin

Naslund Sedin Sedin....oh boyyy...the swedish NSS ship has just sailed!!!!
LOL, why would the Canucks want to downgrade their offense like that?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Rust Heisenberg

i laugh at this rumor

Old
09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoaster81 View Post
i'm really not trying to start anything here, but i am curious. How many of u have actually seen the Sedins' play more than 5 games...

and some people are saying Gomez for both of them?
I have seen them play quite enough to know what they are capable of...

I think Gomez Sanguenetti Prucha 2nd/3rd is fair...

You get a former 30 goalscorer in Prucha, a Bluechip defensive prospect in Sanguenetti, a Premier playmaker in Gomez and a Pick for a defenseman in Bieska who I dont know **** about, and two high quality players. To me it seems very very fair.