Notices

why would dallas want the 7th overall

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2004, 03:22 AM
lace-em'-up

vCash: 500
why would dallas want the 7th overall

i would think they would only trade for it if they could pick tukonen, that good finnish prospect, other than that they really can't do much with it.
they could get smid or theren(sp) those two D prospects but there no cam barker
theres montoya and swarze( i suck at these names) but were deep in goalies, it would piss some teams off though like LA,
Ladd could be there but hes a LW and were deep at LW.

i would want to move into like 15th or so then you can try and get someone like valerbik or chipchura someone good but we can pick up.

but if we were to get wiess with a trade i think that would help us, we need a good young centerman

if tukonen is available at 7 i would try a

to florida: Arnott, Guerin(50% payed), 20th overall pick, prospect

to dallas: 7th overall, wiess, 2005 2nd round pick.

Old
06-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Starsdude

Schremp can be a top line player which we need

Old
06-23-2004, 08:06 AM
lace-em'-up

would dallas really consider him or is that a personal opinion?

Old
06-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Starsdude

Why wouldn't they and yes it is my opinion

Old
06-23-2004, 09:28 AM
lace-em'-up

i would think dallas would look for another option.
shremp from what i heard dosn't really fit in with the teams cheracter.
correct me if im wrong because i dont know that much about shremp but i heard that he was stuck up, full of himself.
someone like ladd, chipchura or even taking a risk with radulov would fit the stars

Old
06-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Starsdude

Ladd would be gone. Chipchura lacks offensive ability and is likely a mid round selection. Do not know about Radulov but we need a future top centerman and Shremp has talent to burn. I also think that confidence is okay in a young player. he will learn. Modano also is not exactly humble pie nor is Guerin or Arnott so if shremp will work that is fine

Old
06-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Ladd would be gone. Chipchura lacks offensive ability and is likely a mid round selection. Do not know about Radulov but we need a future top centerman and Shremp has talent to burn. I also think that confidence is okay in a young player. he will learn. Modano also is not exactly humble pie nor is Guerin or Arnott so if shremp will work that is fine
Agreed.. Chipchura is actually the last guy I would pick..

Old
06-23-2004, 11:17 AM
lace-em'-up

i thought he would fit the system well

Old
06-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lace-em'-up
i thought he would fit the system well
Why? We've been drafting guys like him ever since I can remember, we're loaded with such guys now we've got different needs so it's time to start drafting differently..

Old
06-23-2004, 11:31 AM
lace-em'-up

i agree.
i thought though that he has a bigger offensive upside than the other 2 way fowards.
Tukonen would be my 1st choice, and now shremp dosn't seem to bad but really after that theres no need for a huge trade up.
there seems to be lots of solid Defensman.

Old
06-23-2004, 01:08 PM
OttMorrow*

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow*
I don't know what to think about moving into the 7th spot in this years drat because of the uncertainty about who will be available at that spot. With most d-men available at the 7th spot being a reach compared to the skilled forwards, i would be disappointed if we took Smid or Thelan.

Players who would interest me at the 7th spot:
Radulov
Shremp
Tukonen(doubtful)
Olesz(doubtful)

It just scares me to trade for the 7th pick in such a weak and confusing draft. Had we had this situation in last years draft I would be much less hesitant. If we had this pick in last years draft we would have been looking at 3 solid defensemen in Phaneuf, Coburn, and Suter. I would have loved to see Phaneuf in a Stars jersey.
There just arent any bluechip players available in this years draft at the 7th spot like there were in last years draft. This will be an interesting weekend for sure though.

Old
06-23-2004, 03:41 PM
lace-em'-up

with dallas in a cost cutting mode i think they want to get rid of this salery.
maybe dallas could vastly overpay this year for floridas 1st this year and next, or the year after if there was a lottery draft for the lockout.

also maybe dallas could get away with ottawas first which is somewhere aroud ours (i think lower) and a good young prospect that they are rumored to be shopping.

New York rangers also have the 36,37th overall, that could be good if we stacked up on high 2nds and a low first.

guerin(50%), 56th to New york for the 36th,37th they also have that low first.

but im not sure what New york is looking for.

st louis is looking for a goalie (rumored) maybe ellis or "cash" would suit there team, though we would have to throw more at them to get there 1st which is only a few spots above us.

i think dallas would really pay big to get Tukonen, or Shremp, and i think one of them would be available at the 7th pick. and you never know what other teams are looking to trade there pick down or up.
though i think columbus could trade down, atlanta could trade up, LA could trade up, pittsburge is rumored to trade down.

Closed Thread