HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most Hated Devil

View Poll Results: Who is your most hated Devil?
Martin Brodeur 134 65.37%
Scott Stevens 23 11.22%
Claude Lemieux 21 10.24%
Bobby Holik 7 3.41%
Randy Mckay 0 0%
John Madden 7 3.41%
Colin White 6 2.93%
Ken Daneyko 7 3.41%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2008, 12:04 AM
  #76
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
only devil i like is Langenbrunner and former devil brylin.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:59 AM
  #77
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,299
vCash: 500
I almost voted Marty until I realized it wasn't a 'current Devil' poll. I never liked Claude Lemieux as a player - thought of him as a gutless puke - I especially didn't like him as a Devil. Marty - I think he's a great goaltender. One of the best ever. I have the utmost respect for him. I just am not a fan of his when he opens his mouth (OK, I hated him beating the Rangers too, but that's besides the point).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 12:04 PM
  #78
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,299
vCash: 500
on Clarkson - I'd love to have him on the Rangers. I think he's the type of player who could be your prototypical third liner like Randy Mackay was (albeit not as good a fighter, but darn good enough). I'm hoping someone like Voros is the Rangers' answer to Clarkson, but haven't seen him enough. And I'm not sure what's not to like about having him on your team. Hits effectively, can fight, has some skill, has scored and can play the game.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 01:48 PM
  #79
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Since you obviously didn't read my post, I'll leave you to figure it out.

Hint: Read my post again.
sorry broski i still gotta disagree. if he were just going along for the ride, as you imply, than anyone could have taken his spot and been just as effective, which isnt true

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
  #80
Janssen25
Registered User
 
Janssen25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
I can't really see why so many NYR fans voted for Brodeur. He's never won when it has really mattered against us. .
Being that he never had a chance when the Rangers were out of the playoff picture for a decade while Brodeur was in the prime of his career and has a playoff sweep against the Rangers, your statement holds no water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
My vote woud go to Mike Emerick, he really sucks as an announcer. He never gets the players right, yet he does national games.
First time I've heard this and frankly you sound like a fool stating this. He's a 5-time Emmy award winner in Sports play by play and known through out the hockey world as one of if not the best announcers in hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
just like how you guys hate Messier?
I don't hate Messier. I obviously dislike him because of '94 and because of his 1 of many guarantees that he actually came through on but have to respect what he's done as a hockey player.

Janssen25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
  #81
NorthlandPro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janssen25 View Post
First time I've heard this and frankly you sound like a fool stating this. He's a 5-time Emmy award winner in Sports play by play and known through out the hockey world as one of if not the best announcers in hockey.
If that is the first time you have heard that you must not be a hockey fan for very long. Not only does he get the players name's wrong, he doesn't even get whether they are righthanded or lefthanded. It is one thing to confuse a player who is similar, but when one os righthanded and the real player is lefthanded that my friend is sucking BIG TIME. He is also horrible with the fake enthusiasm he employs to make every play seem ever so exciting. He is flat out horrible. He can take his emmys and and stuff'em like his dog.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
  #82
ghirshorn
Registered User
 
ghirshorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
I went with fatso (Marty)

ghirshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
  #83
HenriksBetter
 
HenriksBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Colin White all the way for me. He tries to play just like Stevens used to play and fails miserably at it. I can't even stand to watch him play. He is a bum in my book.

Martha is a close second based on his whining and diving. Someone as good as him should have no reason to do either.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:18 AM
  #84
Janssen25
Registered User
 
Janssen25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
If that is the first time you have heard that you must not be a hockey fan for very long. Not only does he get the players name's wrong, he doesn't even get whether they are righthanded or lefthanded. It is one thing to confuse a player who is similar, but when one os righthanded and the real player is lefthanded that my friend is sucking BIG TIME. He is also horrible with the fake enthusiasm he employs to make every play seem ever so exciting. He is flat out horrible. He can take his emmys and and stuff'em like his dog.

His awards and being the NBC national play by play announcer speak for themselves.

Janssen25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:34 AM
  #85
NYRBlaznBure9
Registered User
 
NYRBlaznBure9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
Broduer annoys me, but that is because he's just good at stopping a puck. Can't hate someone just for being good.
You sure can. Brodeur by far. I hate the guy as a person, but respect the talent.

80% because he is a whining, crybaby Mary.
15% because he has been so good.
15% because he has no class.
_________________________________




Personally, Broduer can get on his knees and blow me.

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:38 AM
  #86
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,895
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janssen25 View Post
What an intelligent post. Hate to break it to you, sitting around with your 13 year old Rangers fans friend playing NHL09 isn't "being around hockey."

His awards and being the NBC national play by play announcer speak for themselves. Try not being so blinded by your immature homerism.
Okay, let me qualify this post by saying that I LIKE Mike Emerick, and think he does an excellent job. I like his passion for the game... Makes things more exciting.

HOWEVER-- Emerick is disliked by a lot of fans, due to the whole "Doc" persona with his propensity to use big words, while at the same time incorrectly identifying non-Devils players on a regular basis. This dislike isn't limited to Rangers fans, as you'll find it within the fan base of most every team in the league.

As far as the NBC gig and the Emmy awards-- Joe Morgan, anyone? He has the Sunday Night Baseball gig, and he too has won an Emmy, yet he is pretty much unanimously considered the worst baseball "analyst" on TV by people under the age of 50.

Again though, I like Mike Emerick. Just pointing out that while being on NBC and winning awards is certainly impressive, it doesn't necessarily mean that someone will be popular with the fans, and there's a lot of dislike for Emerick in the NHL fan base.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:41 AM
  #87
Hypernova
Registered User
 
Hypernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Baahston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Okay, let me qualify this post by saying that I LIKE Mike Emerick, and think he does an excellent job. I like his passion for the game... Makes things more exciting.

HOWEVER-- Emerick is disliked by a lot of fans, due to the whole "Doc" persona with his propensity to use big words, while at the same time incorrectly identifying non-Devils players on a regular basis. This dislike isn't limited to Rangers fans, as you'll find it within the fan base of most every team in the league.

As far as the NBC gig and the Emmy awards-- Joe Morgan, anyone? He has the Sunday Night Baseball gig, and he too has won an Emmy, yet he is pretty much unanimously considered the worst baseball "analyst" on TV by people under the age of 50.

Again though, I like Mike Emerick. Just pointing out that while being on NBC and winning awards is certainly impressive, it doesn't necessarily mean that someone will be popular with the fans, and there's a lot of dislike for Emerick in the NHL fan base.
And I'm just pointing out that says that "alot" of fans dislike him does not qualify as fact. Being a ranger fan, I'm sure most fans you talk to are also rangers fans who probably would hate him just for being the devils announcer. Is that where you're generalization comes from or do you actually have real facts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRBlaznBure9 View Post
You sure can. Brodeur by far. I hate the guy as a person, but respect the talent.

80% because he is a whining, crybaby Mary.
15% because he has been so good.
15% because he has no class.
_________________________________

110% Pure Hatred for Brodeur (yeah - it's that serious)
How can you say he has no class? Are you mad he wouldn't shake Avery's hand or is there another reason? Avery ran into him like 5 times in 5 games, i think that is enough to avoid a handshake since it is supposed to be a sign of respect.

Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
  #88
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,902
vCash: 500
Probably Scott Stevens when he was playing. After him probably Scott Gomez and Gionta [couldn't stand the Egg line but I have always liked Elias]. Also Brodeur but as much as I "hate" Brodeur in the world of sports I love him at the same time. When a guy has talent, and is going to go down as one of the greatest ever to play the game if not the greatest between the pipes, you have to have respect for him. At his age and still winning Vezina's? The guy IS the Devils. Without him they wouldn't be a playoff team or close to it. He's taken plenty of W's away from us but he is a great goaltender who can steal the show.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
  #89
Garv23
Registered User
 
Garv23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rockland, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
It still baffles me that Claude Lemieux isn't running away with this poll.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:14 PM
  #90
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRBlaznBure9 View Post
You sure can. Brodeur by far. I hate the guy as a person, but respect the talent.

80% because he is a whining, crybaby Mary.
15% because he has been so good.
15% because he has no class.
_________________________________

110% Pure Hatred for Brodeur (yeah - it's that serious)



Personally, Broduer can get on his knees and blow me.

im just curious- why doesnt he have any class? you guys think he dives, and the handshake thing, etc? the guy makes 5.2 million a year. arguable one of the best goaltenders in the history of the nhl makes less than wade freaking redden. he essentially took a pay cut to give the devils more cap room, and because he would rather make less and win more than the other way around. you dont hear that much from athletes. and to me, that is class. he certainly seems to have more class than the poster i have quoted.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:36 PM
  #91
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,299
vCash: 500
marty...

good point about him taking a pay cut. That is admirable and I wish I saw more of that in the NHL. Of course, if you have five points regarding Marty's classlesness (and I'm not saying there are, although I'm sure someone can dig up a couple quotes from Marty where he says something that was degrading to someone) and add in one (his paycut) then I think you can say he still has no class. Note, I'm not saying he's classless, but rather I'm saying that one act of class doesn't fully negate a person being classless.

I don't keep scorecards so I can't dig up quotes. It seems to me that he rarely takes the blame or gives credit where it's due.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 03:46 PM
  #92
danroy33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Didn't have time to read through the thread, but Brodeur has to be which is disappointing. He is easily the most talented goalie of the last decade, yet he lacks so much respect. Not to say that players like Avery didn't provoke him, but the diving and acrobatic flops faking contact are just plain unacceptable.

danroy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.