HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Rookie Camp Thread (roster announced)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2008, 12:12 AM
  #101
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 500
Wait, I just realized that Jon Gleed is not in that RDS list for the main camp.. So they are finally letting him go (not that I'm happy about it or something).

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:50 AM
  #102
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kostitsyn Bros View Post
Can't wait. Was watching the blues stars game as well. I thought that Oshie had some slick moves, he seems like he'll become a great player.
I know he did. And I also think he'll be good. It's just that while the Habs fans keep being criticized 'cause we're overrating our guys so much, the way Oshie is talked in the Prospects thread probably for the last 2 years makes me think he's the second coming or something....But he'll be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Wait, I just realized that Jon Gleed is not in that RDS list for the main camp.. So they are finally letting him go (not that I'm happy about it or something).
I thought that Gleed was let go already and that he was solely on an AHL contract? We might be hearing once the Dogs announces their camp that he'd be in it.

I liked him everything I was watching him during the rookie and development camp. Still, I always thought that a guy like Korpikari looked better everytime and they let him go. Gleed is solid defensively though.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-15-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:22 AM
  #103
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
University students skip classes. I know I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
That's strange indeed. Both Paquet and Stejskal should be in school. They are allowed to attend the camp per NCAA rules as long as they pay their own way but that means they will miss out on their classes.

Kristo has to finish his last year of Highschool, but school has started for him too, and due to NCAA rules he has to pay his own way as well even though he's going to the USHL next month.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:23 AM
  #104
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
www.habsinsideout.com is posting small updates from Rookie Camp.

Nothing big, but something nonetheless.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:26 AM
  #105
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,810
vCash: 500
Mathieu Carle is STRONGER!!!!

Glasses....

P.S. Somebody needs to explain me that word....(found on HIO) Cobwebbed??? What does that mean? Thanks.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:34 AM
  #106
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Mathieu Carle is STRONGER!!!!

Glasses....

P.S. Somebody needs to explain me that word....(found on HIO) Cobwebbed??? What does that mean? Thanks.

The glass didn't break all the way - just cracked and left an image that resembles a spider web (does that make sense?)

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:40 AM
  #107
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
The glass didn't break all the way - just cracked and left an image that resembles a spider web (does that make sense?)
Thanks. Yes it does makes sense. Just got the "webbed" portion of the word. The "Cob" of it kinda made me wonder though....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
  #108
#2eddieshore
Registered User
 
#2eddieshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: England / Montréal
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
I went down to the BC today and the rookie camp is closed to the public.

Only something at the weekend over at Pierrefonds is public friendly.

Shame, it would not take much effort to open a door and have a couple of security guards keep an eye on people.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:02 AM
  #109
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
I went down to the BC today and the rookie camp is closed to the public.

Only something at the weekend over at Pierrefonds is public friendly.

Shame, it would not take much effort to open a door and have a couple of security guards keep an eye on people.
Oh thank god, I was too tired so I decided to stay in bed this morning.

This is strange cuz last year and the one before, it was open to public... stupid *****es.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
  #110
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
I went down to the BC today and the rookie camp is closed to the public.

Only something at the weekend over at Pierrefonds is public friendly.

Shame, it would not take much effort to open a door and have a couple of security guards keep an eye on people.
Wow!!!

I'm stunned...you open a dev. camp and close the rookie one???

First time it happens in a lot of years....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:05 AM
  #111
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500
Damn shame about the camp being closed to the public. I was going to go to at least a couple of the days. Write up a report. I really enjoyed both posting and reading others' takes last year. Plus you could see the fan turnout made an impression on the rookies.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
  #112
KaTaKlIsM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Damn shame about the camp being closed to the public. I was going to go to at least a couple of the days. Write up a report. I really enjoyed both posting and reading others' takes last year. Plus you could see the fan turnout made an impression on the rookies.
maybe it's close cause they dont wnat us to see the new jumbotron!

KaTaKlIsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:14 AM
  #113
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,267
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
I went down to the BC today and the rookie camp is closed to the public.

Only something at the weekend over at Pierrefonds is public friendly.

Shame, it would not take much effort to open a door and have a couple of security guards keep an eye on people.
Did you circle the entire building just to be sure?

Wow, what a joke.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:38 AM
  #114
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Did you circle the entire building just to be sure?
I just got back and was very disappointed to be turned away...there were a bunch of other people searching for a way in too.

I circled the building and checked just about every door. One guy went into the Canadiens/Bell Centre administration office and was told that it's not open to the public this year.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:19 AM
  #115
patlafoy
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
IT'S A SHAME!!! I just got back and two employees (front and behind) told me that the organization decided to close the rookie camp to the public in the last few days. A bunch of real fans were very disapointed this morning and it's a bad start for the upcoming season!

patlafoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:24 AM
  #116
RaMz
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
There was fans with their jersey...it was a sad day for those who want to watch the new faces....

The girl at the door said that "Only parents (of the players) were invited...."

I'm not sure but I don't think that Valentenko's parents were there

RaMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
  #117
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patlafoy View Post
IT'S A SHAME!!! I just got back and two employees (front and behind) told me that the organization decided to close the rookie camp to the public in the last few days. A bunch of real fans were very disapointed this morning and it's a bad start for the upcoming season!
At the very least, they should just have told the fans that it would be that way this year.

As a fan perspective, (I know it might not be the best way to improve a player or to develop him), it just really strange to see the difference in philosophy. Most teams, not only do they participate in tournaments to put their players in game situations, but now we're seeing more and more those games on TV for the public to see.

In Habs land, scrimmages are not important and now we close it to the fans.

But then, how they develop and reach the NHL is what is important. Until then, it is dissapointing for a city like ours who can't wait for hockey to start....

Let's hope for some good reports and unbiased opinions from journalists....When you have to wait for Michel Villeneuve for some opinions on our prospects.....makes me think they should close it to journalists and let the fans come in...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
  #118
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMz View Post
There was fans with their jersey...it was a sad day for those who want to watch the new faces....

The girl at the door said that "Only parents (of the players) were invited...."

I'm not sure but I don't think that Valentenko's parents were there
You should have said you were Mr. Valentenko.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:32 AM
  #119
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Should have called the Bell Center and asked.
Nobody ever calls

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
  #120
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,173
vCash: 50
I told them I was there to see Gui and they let me right in.


Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:35 AM
  #121
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,805
vCash: 500
Since I can't go, I loved reading the honest, direct reviews of the people here.

Sucks it's closed this year. They probably have a good reason, still as a fan it's

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:35 AM
  #122
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At the very least, they should just have told the fans that it would be that way this year.

As a fan perspective, (I know it might not be the best way to improve a player or to develop him), it just really strange to see the difference in philosophy. Most teams, not only do they participate in tournaments to put their players in game situations, but now we're seeing more and more those games on TV for the public to see.
Maybe Gainey caught that Youtube vid of Sergei getting mobbed.

I can't wait for preseason! This place is going to be a-buzz like never before.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:55 AM
  #123
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Perhaps part of the reason it was closed off?

http://habsinsideout.com/main/8879

Habs optional ice time after the rookies. Lang and others skated.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 11:09 AM
  #124
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Maybe Gainey caught that Youtube vid of Sergei getting mobbed.

I can't wait for preseason! This place is going to be a-buzz like never before.
I had some nice videos last year but never put them:

- Ryan White dancing the Achy Breaky Dance because his foot was hurt and couldn’t do the jumping exercise.
- Valentenko owning Sergei Kostitsyn with pokecheckes.
- PK Subban doing a Knuckle Shot at the net at the very end of the practice.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 11:18 AM
  #125
24Cups
Registered User
 
24Cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
You should have said you were Mr. Valentenko.
Yes, it is me, Comrade Valentenko. Now, let me in.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.