HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund Rumor: Mega Deal in the Works+

Old
09-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
if you are refering to my post, i never said Gomez is better than the Sedins combine, i said Gomez > Henrik or Daniel Sedin
Which means you obviously didnt even read my posts when you replied to them because I stated Gomez + for BOTH Sedins.

They make a combined 7 mil this year. Gomez makes 7.5.

They had around 151 points last year. Gomez had 70. 7 mil for 151 points, or 7.5 million for 70 points? Hmm...

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 09-15-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
This goal scorer you speak of has 5 goals in 43 playoff games.
The guy scored close to 30 goals last year on a team that struggled offensively, and sniffed 40 the year before.

The fact that he is a poor playoff performer really isn't a basis to say the guy can't score goals. He might be a playoff choker as of now, but he still scored more goals than anyone on our team last year.. as well as the year before that.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

What a smart person on the Sabres board did was confine all Eklund talk to one unstickied thread. If nobody uses it it goes away and nobody ever has to cry once they realize where that Brad Richards to Buffalo rumor is coming from.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:40 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
Which means you obviously didnt even read my posts when you replied to them because I stated Gomez + for BOTH Sedins.

They make a combined 7 mil this year. Gomez makes 7.5.

They had around 151 points last year. Gomez had 70. 7 mil for 151 points, or 7.5 million for 70 points? Hmm...
but after this season would you pay 12-14 million for the same number of points.....because that is what it will probably take to resign them both.....they also make the team a lot slower and a lot less physical(yes, they are less physical then gomez)

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:45 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT TRADING GOMEZ...............why would anyone want sundin anyway this speculation is sooooo stupid

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:07 AM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
but after this season would you pay 12-14 million for the same number of points.....because that is what it will probably take to resign them both.....they also make the team a lot slower and a lot less physical(yes, they are less physical then gomez)

Rumours floating around the city are the Sedin's want 4 years at 5M each. Catch is they want a NYC. That is a far cry from the 12-14 you predict. Might be 12 if the NTC is eliminated I suppose. But either Sedin for 5M a year is something you have to jump on. That is a bargain any way you look at it.

The Sedin's do not hit. So in that sense they are less physical. But I have never seen 2 guys take such a ***** kicking most games and get up with smiles on their faces. They may not be physical but they are tough and durable. Had a good laugh at the guy who said the Sedin's are becoming so overrated. I for one think they are amongst the most underrated players in the league. But too each their own.

I agree that Vancouver and the NYR dont make great trading partners. It is just Eklund trying to put 2 and 2 together. Vancouver needs a C and the NYR might want Sundin/Shanny and have to drop some cap. Lets make a rumour!

I call for a SCF rematch! Settle once and for all who is better. H Sedin or Gomez!

Only this time the Cup shall be ours!

settinguptheplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:09 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis65 View Post
Rumours floating around the city are the Sedin's want 4 years at 5M each. Catch is they want a NYC. That is a far cry from the 12-14 you predict. Might be 12 if the NTC is eliminated I suppose. But either Sedin for 5M a year is something you have to jump on. That is a bargain any way you look at it.

The Sedin's do not hit. So in that sense they are less physical. But I have never seen 2 guys take such a ***** kicking most games and get up with smiles on their faces. They may not be physical but they are tough and durable. Had a good laugh at the guy who said the Sedin's are becoming so overrated. I for one think they are amongst the most underrated players in the league. But too each their own.

I agree that Vancouver and the NYR dont make great trading partners. It is just Eklund trying to put 2 and 2 together. Vancouver needs a C and the NYR might want Sundin/Shanny and have to drop some cap. Lets make a rumour!

I call for a SCF rematch! Settle once and for all who is better. H Sedin or Gomez!

lol that would make for a very interesting SCF....naslund on the rangers.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis65 View Post

They want what? NYC? They want to be traded to NYC?

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:42 AM
jmor
Sens and Jets

imagine this sedin-sedin-sundin

imagine being the announcer

"sedin passes to Sundin, who passes to sedin, passes back to sundin, oops, er i mean SEDIN"

that would be funny...

jmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:59 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmor View Post
imagine this sedin-sedin-sundin

imagine being the announcer

"sedin passes to Sundin, who passes to sedin, passes back to sundin, oops, er i mean SEDIN"

that would be funny...
or...

Clint Malarchuk, Dale Hawerchuk, and Dave Andreychuk

Mark Recchi, Mike Ricci, and Joe Reekie

brad may and rob ray

Christian Backman, Ric Jackman, and Barrett Jackman.

and of course.. Brian, Darryl, Duane, Brent, Rich and Ron Sutters...

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:07 AM
jmor
Sens and Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
or...

brad may and rob ray

now lets see if we can get all of the staals all playing together....

jmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:39 AM
KovalevDeke

Quote:
Of course take all of this with a grain of salt.
obviously

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Saucechucker99

i love eklund rumours

Saucechucker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Turambar

Quote:
yeah thats jeff. dont even pay attention to his proposals there all annoying and dont make any sense.
umm, excuse me?

Considering I've never once created a trade proposal, I'd appreciate if you'd be a little more specific when referencing some idiot poster, that way others here don't confuse me for some nimrod.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:20 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
or...

brad may and rob ray

NEW REPORT FROM EKLUND:

RANGERS TRYING TO SIGN HANSON BROTHERS TO 30 YEAR, $12MILLION EACH CONTRACTS

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Turambar

As long as people keep making thread when these rumors pop up, the rumors will continue to flourish. The best way to make them go away is to completely ignore them, which I guess is the exact opposite of what I'm actually doing right now. I think my point is made, though.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
As long as people keep making thread when these rumors pop up, the rumors will continue to flourish. The best way to make them go away is to completely ignore them, which I guess is the exact opposite of what I'm actually doing right now. I think my point is made, though.
Indeed. I've been an advocate of ignoring Eklund for years. Why do people even bother with his rumors, or the entire HB site in general?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I cant stand this guy Eklund.

"may be imminent" ???

Something is imminent or not.

He is so full of **** it is coming out his ears...

Don't believe a word this guy says. He is a bald, overweight sack of **** who sits around in his pajamas all day and blogs about fabricated "sources", and expects people to believe there is some shred of validity to everything he says.

The sad part is that a lot of hockey fans do.

I'm sure if you concocted 100 trade proposals and 100 "imminent signings" by scouring the internet for all sorts of hockey fodder and "inside" information you would be right with one of them every so often.

Thats all this guy does. People, please. He's a glorified Jorts thats all he is.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:39 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I rarely ever read Eklund's rumors but Eklund has sources....whether you guys like it or not...he does. Does he ******** at times? Maybe.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
I rarely ever read Eklund's rumors but Eklund has sources....whether you guys like it or not...he does. Does he ******** at times? Maybe.
He may have sources, but his "sources" seem to be wrong 95% of the time-- at least his sources related to this team.

Old
09-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Melrose_Jr.

If you care to discuss the "rumor", please keep the discussion focused on the rumor itself and not the source.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:03 PM
NYROrtsFan

Why does anyone want the Sedin twins? They are nice players at best, but not difference makers.

NYROrtsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:03 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
If you care to discuss the "rumor", please keep the discussion focused on the rumor itself and not the source.
Exactly. Posts like "Eklund's dumb". Add nothing. Discuss the rumor or move along.

09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I hear ya Melrose, but in the case of Eklund, is it at all possible or worthwhile to discuss the rumor without taking into account the source? It's not an "Eklund is dumb" thing for me-- he gives a rumor with no specifics, teams that might be involved, and then makes vague references to things possibly being imminent (which makes no sense). Then the discussion is forced to become talk of who we'd want from which teams, etc, which is really no different than JOrts making a thread saying "Let's get this guy!"

I digress... Whether people buy into what Eklund says or not, I think it's silly to devote a thread to each of his "rumors" involving our team. But, I'm not a moderator, and since you guys asked to keep it on topic, I'll leave the thread.

Old
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Why does anyone want the Sedin twins? They are nice players at best, but not difference makers.
It's hard to say that they are "nice players at best" when Henrik Sedin would have led the Rangers in scoring and assists last season and Daniel would have been the leading goal-scorer while also leading the team in scoring.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote