HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Sign Richardson and Stoll to Contracts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
  #1
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,784
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Kings Sign Richardson and Stoll to Contracts

http://kings.nhl.com/team/app?articl...e&service=page

"The Los Angeles Kings have signed restricted free agent center Jarret Stoll to four-year contract and restricted free agent center Brad Richardson to a two-year contract, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced Monday. Per club policy, terms of the agreement were not announced."


Last edited by TonySCV: 09-15-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Added summary quote from press release
wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 04:17 PM
  #2
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 29,072
vCash: 69
2 down, 1 to go

Boba Fettuccine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 04:19 PM
  #3
ciccarelli80
 
ciccarelli80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: huntington beach, CA
Country: France
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
We saw both of them out on the ice with the other pros while the rookie scrimmage was going on and thought that was a good sign. Sully was not on the ice though.

ciccarelli80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM
  #4
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
one more to go

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 04:34 PM
  #5
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,410
vCash: 500
The burning question that remains unanwered?

Did it really matter if this was announced today, or a month ago?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 04:41 PM
  #6
lakings41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The burning question that remains unanwered?

Did it really matter if this was announced today, or a month ago?
Still remains O'Sullivan.

Yeah, it does matter to some of us. No matter how you slice it this **** should have been sorted a long time ago! We've heard crickets all summer and it always seems to be 11th hour with this club. They need to break this trend as it not only sends a bad message to the fans but to the players as well.

I understand your point but do we always have to go down this road if guys are not willing to take a discount?

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:09 PM
  #7
TonySCV
Moderator
3 in 5 > 3 in 6
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The burning question that remains unanwered?

Did it really matter if this was announced today, or a month ago?
Does it matter? No. Would it have been nice? Yes.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:14 PM
  #8
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,538
vCash: 500
Oh no, the end is nigh!

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:20 PM
  #9
guzmania
Registered User
 
guzmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SCV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Don't J-I-N-X it now.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
  #10
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Woohoo

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:24 PM
  #11
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Now there's nothing to talk about.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
  #12
TonySCV
Moderator
3 in 5 > 3 in 6
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Woohoo
Hey.. that's my line!

Woohoo! indeed.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
  #13
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,804
vCash: 500
I have a bad feeling about Stoll's contract...

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
  #14
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,034
vCash: 500
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...-contract.html
Quote:
Brad Richardson gets $575,000 this season, $600,000 next season. Jarret Stoll, as previously reported, gets a four-year, $14.4-million contract.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:12 PM
  #15
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I have a bad feeling about Stoll's contract...
Considering the fact that Mike Fisher earns $4.2M per season until 2013, I'd call Stoll's contract a good deal at fair market value.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:17 PM
  #16
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!
 
hauspaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: South Korea
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Hey.. that's my line!

Woohoo! indeed.
Kim, is that you?

My boss says that all the time... even after announcing a bad news, she'll say "can I get a woohoo?" really F'ing annoying...

on to topic, I'm glad that Kings are closer to cap floor. nothing more nothing less...

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:24 PM
  #17
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Considering the fact that Mike Fisher earns $4.2M per season until 2013, I'd call Stoll's contract a good deal at fair market value.
Brown gets 3 Mill and is more a roleplayer than stoll.......
but it's not to bad

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:26 PM
  #18
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Glad we got priorities 2 and 3 handled...

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
  #19
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Considering the fact that Mike Fisher earns $4.2M per season until 2013, I'd call Stoll's contract a good deal at fair market value.
How's that? If you take away his one top season, he's consistently been out pointed by Fisher, plus Fisher plays much better defense.... not even taking into consideration that Stoll has had a really serious concussion that effected his game.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Stoll has only scored 20 goals once? Yep. Even with that "booming shot from the point" and tons of power play time.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
  #20
Builditagain*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Considering the fact that Mike Fisher earns $4.2M per season until 2013, I'd call Stoll's contract a good deal at fair market value.
I believe you are greatly over rating Stoll and under estimating what Fisher can bring to the rink. Oh I forgot Stoll can bring Rachel Hunter -my bad.Please forgive me.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:46 PM
  #21
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
How's that? If you take away his one top season, he's consistently been out pointed by Fisher, plus Fisher plays much better defense.... not even taking into consideration that Stoll has had a really serious concussion that effected his game.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Stoll has only scored 20 goals once? Yep. Even with that "booming shot from the point" and tons of power play time.
Stoll, 0.58 PPG.
Fisher, 0.52 PPG.

But of course you want to take Stoll's one productive season away as if it were a fluke. He would have had another 20 goal season in 06-07 had he not gotten injured. Go ahead and make up your own facts and not count his productive seasons because it makes so much sense to do so. Y'know, to prevent making yourself appear any more foolish...

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:48 PM
  #22
deano
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Now there's nothing to talk about.
Lol. Nice one

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
  #23
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Considering the fact that Mike Fisher earns $4.2M per season until 2013, I'd call Stoll's contract a good deal at fair market value.
Only IF he returns to form.


Hanzus's contract would be a good deal if he returns to form.

McCauly's contract would have been a good deal...

Cloutier's contract would have been a a good deal...


I think there's plenty to be worried about regarding Stoll's contract.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:56 PM
  #24
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Good to hear that they're signed...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:08 PM
  #25
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Stoll, 0.58 PPG.
Fisher, 0.52 PPG.

But of course you want to take Stoll's one productive season away as if it were a fluke. He would have had another 20 goal season in 06-07 had he not gotten injured. Go ahead and make up your own facts and not count his productive seasons because it makes so much sense to do so. Y'know, to prevent making yourself appear any more foolish...
I'm sure it wasn't a fluke but we might be setting ourself up for a letdown if we expect the same due to his medical conditions and the production he has put up since his injuries.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.