HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2008-2009 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE)

Old
09-12-2008, 12:26 PM
beaverjc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
beaverjc im with you, and i know ive already posted this on some other threads, though i forget which ones.

im no economist, but i do understand (in most markets) the relation of price to supply and demand. naturally, the habs games are going to be in demand, as with any special events, probably the pens as well. i understand charge a premium for those games, and an extra $10 per ticket, although im unhappy about it, i can agree with and admit "ok fine, you win." at the end of the day it just means less games for me.

what i dont understand is the increase in price across the board. last year they had seats start at 10 bucks, this year its 16. and as far as i know all the other prices generally went up a few bucks as well. "but, but, but chuck, they decreased season ticket prices." youre right they did, but the bruins =/= the red sox, and they dont have that much pull in the city yet to be doing this.

fwiw, last year i hit well over a dozen games. this year i think ill count em on one hand! but, thats why they created the hd plasma
I agree 100%. I can see them raising the prices for the Hab games - they will sell out -but couldnt they lower the prices of the Florida Panther games to get more fans in? Its seems one sided. The Bruins ranked 26th out of 30th in the NHL in home attendance and they are jacking up some prices? Ouch...it is an interesting crossroads - whereas they need revenue and dont seem to be getting enough new customers so they stick it to the current customers....

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 12:53 PM
MaLockFan

No More

Did I notice they also eliminated the $10 seats (nice on game night) and is there still going to be free kid's seats in October like last year. Also are there Student nights?

MaLockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Bruins Gal

I do know that the BBQ is a huge expensive event. They are looking to split that into several smaller events that give you a chance to mingle with players - along the lines of the pay in full event from last season at the Hard Rock. They are working hard to figure out what kind of "fan" you are now. There are people that bring their kids, people that use them for business, and the majority of us are probably in that "hard core" fan base. So they are looking for ways to get to know us better and give the benefits based on that. I'm interested to see what that will entail.

Supply & Demand plays into it. I am willing to bet the florida panthers game will wind up being one of those "buy one, get one free/half price games" as well.

They have the benefit of a good renewal rate and lots of new folks - people are starting to get excited about the Bruins again, which means less of those half price games.

PS, are you sure on the no vouchers....I didn't hear that.

Bruins Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:06 PM
clutchandgrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Gal View Post
I do know that the BBQ is a huge expensive event. They are looking to split that into several smaller events that give you a chance to mingle with players - along the lines of the pay in full event from last season at the Hard Rock. They are working hard to figure out what kind of "fan" you are now. There are people that bring their kids, people that use them for business, and the majority of us are probably in that "hard core" fan base. So they are looking for ways to get to know us better and give the benefits based on that. I'm interested to see what that will entail.

Supply & Demand plays into it. I am willing to bet the florida panthers game will wind up being one of those "buy one, get one free/half price games" as well.

They have the benefit of a good renewal rate and lots of new folks - people are starting to get excited about the Bruins again, which means less of those half price games.

Link to the STH benefits page on the B's site.
http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=21017

I really like that you have the option of which "extra" benefit package you can choose.

clutchandgrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:19 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Gal View Post

They do seem to be at least making an effort which is promising. My ticket rep told me they were going to reduce/eliminate the vouchers. I assumed they eliminated the BBQ event and replaced it with nothing....but we will soon find out! I think that the prices of the lower bowl are kind of out of whack. Those tickets can be pricey and they are the ones that are empty a lot - especially the luxury seatings and its kills the atmosphere for the game. I just want the place packed with Bruins fans.

Old
09-12-2008, 01:22 PM
misterjaggers

Who's going to pay a premium to see the Bruins play the Islanders? That's one I haven't figured out.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:24 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Who's going to pay a premium to see the Bruins play the Islanders? That's one I haven't figured out.
LOL...they are milking that day after Thanksgiving noon time start for sure.

Old
09-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Fair Warning

Apparently ownership thinks one first-round playoff exit is worth jacking up prices over.

The team is gaining popularity, but it still has a ways to go until it's relevant and embraced in the city again. Raising ticket prices isn't a good way to get more people to come to games.

Fair Warning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Friday after Thanksgiving matinee has always been a huge sellout date.

I don't see that changing.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
clutchandgrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
LOL...they are milking that day after Thanksgiving noon time start for sure.
Exactly. That date is a sell-out either way, they're just maximizing their cash haul on that one LOL.

clutchandgrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:42 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
Apparently ownership thinks one first-round playoff exit is worth jacking up prices over.

The team is gaining popularity, but it still has a ways to go until it's relevant and embraced in the city again. Raising ticket prices isn't a good way to get more people to come to games.
You basically summed it up!

Old
09-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Milan Lucic

So did they get rid of the 10 dollar seats all together?

Milan Lucic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 07:46 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan Lucic View Post
So did they get rid of the 10 dollar seats all together?
yes. theyre 16.50 and 26.50 depending on the game. i doubt youll find any at this point. that area is rough anyways, cuz theres LOTS of scalpers that sell to eager visiting team fans...

student sections are wide open on every night it looks like, same with family section...and theyre fairly cheap at about 20 bucks.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
icecreamheadaches

I hate that they did that. Hopefully they don't do what Buffalo does, have ticket prices rated on gold, silver, and bronze.

icecreamheadaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 08:40 PM
duckchobbins

i guess we can complain all we want, but ultimately the goal of the organization from a financial stand point was to increase the STH count, and from what i recall they were close to tops in new accounts werent they? they were so proud to say "yeah we lowered season ticket prices a lot" which i agree they did, but at the same time they upped single game prices in the sections that us poor fans (yes me!) can only afford.

if we didnt have a big wedding to pay for, me and the lady would be sitting pretty with $19 season tickets. such is life. next season the good news though, we struck a deal today: she can buy a blackberry if we can make a road trip to mellon arena on 12/30!

Old
09-13-2008, 10:58 PM
fighterfoo
We do it big...

no pairs available for the home opener, only singles. that's much better than last year's home opener (which did NOT sell out)

fighterfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 08:01 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I have never let it go that when Neely got hurt by Ulf that my tickets stayed the same price but the product I was watching was now inferior. Of course I understand they would never give refunds or rebates- I wouldn't have if owned the Bruins, its the gamble you pay when you have season tix (helo 2008 Brady-less Patriots fans)

Watching the Bruins back then without Neely would have been akin to going to a 1976 Who concert and finding out Townsend or Moon wasn't playing; they were huge parts of the 'team' or group. Moon died a year later, and to me the Who was never the same.

I never pause when asked who the most dispicable villan is in Boston sports to me, it's Ulf Samuelsson, because he robbed me of entertainment and screwed me out of what I paid for. I always rooted for that guy to suffer not only a career threatening injury but a painful one at that. Not a good attitude to have, but hey, why be politically correct now. I hate the guy.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Ludwig Fell Down

OK, here's my question.

I went to the team's website, and I can't find a pricing chart or a list of premium games anywhere on the site. I may be missing it somewhere, but it's not under the "Ticket" heading like it was in previous years.

I understand that they are going to increase prices on Premium games. I don't agree with it, but that's what the market will bear. But why is it treated like a state secret? Are they trying to hide it from fans so they don't know there is a markup for a Habs game?

If they are going to do this, they should be transparent about it.

Ludwig Fell Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Peter6625

I just don't understand this increase at all. The Bruins didn't pack the house last year until the playoffs, but those were with Habs fans except for game 6. Last year I was able to go to 16 Bruins games, and game 7 up in Montreal. This year I only be able to afford a few games, because of the increase. Those 10 dollar seats were a great deal and no doubt filled up the Garden. Why is Jacob's being so greedy? Just because they played tough in the playoffs doesn't mean that the garden will be packed. If they come out of the gates slow you are going to see a dead Garden. Now I know why so many people in there late 30's absolutely hate the Bruins and turned there back on the organization. He should have waited another year, or when the garden is a constant sellout, then raise prices.

Peter6625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:59 AM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter6625 View Post
I just don't understand this increase at all. The Bruins didn't pack the house last year until the playoffs, but those were with Habs fans except for game 6. Last year I was able to go to 16 Bruins games, and game 7 up in Montreal. This year I only be able to afford a few games, because of the increase. Those 10 dollar seats were a great deal and no doubt filled up the Garden. Why is Jacob's being so greedy? Just because they played tough in the playoffs doesn't mean that the garden will be packed. If they come out of the gates slow you are going to see a dead Garden. Now I know why so many people in there late 30's absolutely hate the Bruins and turned there back on the organization. He should have waited another year, or when the garden is a constant sellout, then raise prices.
I agree entirely. The pure fact is we didnt WIN a playoff series - all we did is bring the #1 seed to the 7th game - just as the Bruins are gaining momentum they jack up the prices? Its just too early...a few stumbles here and there and this team could miss the playoffs entirely (we just squeezed in last year) and we are back to square 1 with regards to fan support.

The only reason why the Bruins added so many season tickets is because they had no where to go but up. They had 4,000 STH last year - that wouldnt even qualify a city for an expansion team! Some success and they are now around 6,000 STH - a nice increase but many teams have 15,000 STH and cant add any - so the new STH stat is pretty useless.

Old
09-15-2008, 06:50 PM
bruin10014

dumb question about tickets

i was just wondering about fan appreciation night is that the game against montreal in april? or are they gonna do it the saturday game before that?

bruin10014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Bruins Ticket Office on Saturday

I was talking with my friend today who is a Devils fan but since going to NU he has adopted the Bruins as his #2. Anyways, he said he went to the ticket office on Saturday morning and there was a line wrapping around the stadium. He waited two hours and finally got to the window and they only had $85 tickets for opening night and the the Habs games were going fast.

What surprised me about his story is that I had not heard people talk about it on HF. I don't think he is lying but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience on Saturday? I love the fact people are getting pumped about Bruins hockey once again. I guess game 6 and that Hab series in general went a long way in bringing the Bruins back. Heck, they sucked me in. But for $20 season tickets, I couldn't turn them down.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:08 PM
LPBruins

Ya my brother and his friends got tickets to 9 nine games and he said the same thing that line wrapped around the rink. He went last year and he said he was there 10 minutes and this year it took an hour and a half.

LPBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:37 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBruins View Post
Ya my brother and his friends got tickets to 9 nine games and he said the same thing that line wrapped around the rink. He went last year and he said he was there 10 minutes and this year it took an hour and a half.
this please me sounds like its gonna be an interesting season.

if i knew how, id start a poll on how many sellouts boston would have this season....

Old
09-15-2008, 08:42 PM
BeantownEMT

Fan appreciation night is usally the last home game of the season. Which would make it against Montreal

BeantownEMT is offline   Reply With Quote