HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

4 Way trade Proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2008, 12:13 AM
  #26
Hyperkookeez*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
this trade is ingenious

Hyperkookeez* is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:13 AM
  #27
k1llua
 
k1llua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Then it wouldn't be a four-way trade.
I probably explained it wrong, but there has to be some flipping around to make it a four way trade, and not two separate normal trades, leading to a chance, however slight, that Jared stays in Phoenix.

k1llua is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:14 AM
  #28
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
I probably explained it wrong, but there has to be some flipping around to make it a four way trade, and not two separate normal trades, leading to a chance, however slight, that Jared stays in Phoenix.
I don't see how that's possible. Work it out. Changing the names would be easier to keep it straight, though. Just take Cam Ward, MAF, Bryzgalov, and Henrik Lundqvist, or something, and show me a deal that fits the qualifications of a four-way, where Bryz stays a 'Yote.

rt is online now  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:16 AM
  #29
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No, it wouldn't technically be a four-way trade unless assets changed hands from all four teams.
It would technically be a four way trade if four teams were involved in the trade. If the paperwork was signed, a trade took place.

kmad is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:16 AM
  #30
k1llua
 
k1llua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I don't see how that's possible. Work it out.
I'm not. I'm just going to admit that I'm wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about (I don't.) to end this mess that I completely blame the Staals for causing.

k1llua is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:17 AM
  #31
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
I'm not. I'm just going to admit that I'm wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about (I don't.) to end this mess that I completely blame the Staals for causing.
They should all be thrown in jail...again.

rt is online now  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:18 AM
  #32
jmor
Sens and Jets
 
jmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
this is the most confusing thread i've ever been involved with, in my short time here on HFboards

jmor is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:20 AM
  #33
jmor
Sens and Jets
 
jmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
They should all be thrown in jail...again.

jmor is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:22 AM
  #34
k1llua
 
k1llua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
They should all be thrown in jail...again.
Just Jared. Marc gets sent to Phoenix as compensation for Jared being in prison, and the other two go about their business as usual.

k1llua is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:22 AM
  #35
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,641
vCash: 500
Regardless of what actually qualifies as a four way trade (something that's probably never happened, anyway), Phoenix is still probably the only team in the deal that's not pissed off. If they end up with Jared, than nothing has changed. However I don't think any of the other teams want to trade their Staal for another. Eric is better than Joradan or Marc, but neither Rangers nor the Penguins have a need nor the cap space for him. The only thing I could possibly see is maybe the Penguins wanting to trade Jordan for Marc, but I still very much doubt that.

rt is online now  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:25 AM
  #36
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
Just Jared. Marc gets sent to Phoenix as compensation for Jared being in prison, and the other two go about their business as usual.
No way. I want Eric, and then we trade Jokinen to some team for a badass defenseman, or two.

rt is online now  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:29 AM
  #37
k1llua
 
k1llua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No way. I want Eric, and then we trade Jokinen to some team for a badass defenseman, or two.
I say we trade him to Florida, they need scoring.

k1llua is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:31 AM
  #38
jmor
Sens and Jets
 
jmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
lets look at it out of needs for the teams, lets try to make this work ( but we'll ignore salary issues and contracts and irrelevant junk like that)

pho-eric
car-jared
pitt-marc
nyr-jordan

okay the way i see it, pitts obviousley is in need for a solid D man, and marc will be in the near future

nyr could use a solid two way player like jordan

carolina... well they flat out loose this deal, but then again somebody had to

phoenix gets eric, and they're instantley a force next year, adding another solid scoring foreward to play with turris, ollie, mueller and co.

obviousley it's never going to happen, nor is it a perftect deal... i jsut thought i'd try to make somehting of this thread! hahaha, anybody else have any other opinions? or players going to dfferent teams?


Last edited by jmor: 09-16-2008 at 12:32 AM. Reason: now that i think about it, phoenix could use some defense now that ballard and boyton are gone....
jmor is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:34 AM
  #39
k1llua
 
k1llua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmor View Post
lets look at it out of needs for the teams, lets try to make this work ( but we'll ignore salary issues and contracts and irrelevant junk like that)

pho-eric
car-jared
pitt-marc
nyr-jordan

okay the way i see it, pitts obviousley is in need for a solid D man, and marc will be in the near future

nyr could use a solid two way player like jordan

carolina... well they flat out loose this deal, but then again somebody had to

phoenix gets eric, and they're instantley a force next year, adding another solid scoring foreward to play with turris, ollie, mueller and co.

obviousley it's never going to happen, nor is it a perftect deal... i jsut thought i'd try to make somehting of this thread! hahaha, anybody else have any other opinions? or players going to dfferent teams?
We take either Eric or Marc. If we take Eric, Olli gets flipped for help on D.

k1llua is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:40 AM
  #40
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,955
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
This thread is priceless

To New York -- Jarred Staal + Morris + 2nd rounder
To Phoenix -- Big young defenseman Stall
To Carolina -- Jordan Staal + Brooks Orpik
To Pittsburgh --- Eric Staal(assuming he gets signed to a new contract.)

There... that makes some sense.

thadd is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:43 AM
  #41
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
I say we trade him to Florida, they need scoring.
Definitely. We could probably get Keith Ballard off of them. He recently signed a nice long contract extension, just as Eric Staal did. Perfect. Jokinen would be so pleased.

rt is online now  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:43 AM
  #42
McRobbiezyg
Registered User
 
McRobbiezyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
how about this... 4 teams put their entire rosters on 23 bits of paper for each team... each team draws out of a hat and thats who they get. man that would be a good laugh.

McRobbiezyg is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
  #43
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
This thread is priceless

To New York -- Jarred Staal + Morris + 2nd rounder
To Phoenix -- Big young defenseman Stall
To Carolina -- Jordan Staal + Brooks Orpik
To Pittsburgh --- Eric Staal(assuming he gets signed to a new contract.)

There... that makes some sense.
No it doesn't. Pittsburgh can't afford Eric.

rt is online now  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:50 AM
  #44
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
how about this... 4 teams put their entire rosters on 23 bits of paper for each team... each team draws out of a hat and thats who they get. man that would be a good laugh.
The New York Rangers:

Prucha-Dubinsky-Lisin
Dupuis-Betts-Walker
Fedoruk-Taffe-LaRose
Cam Ward-Bryzgalov-McGrattan

Hall Gill-Derek Morris
David Hale-Paul Mara
Matt Jones-Darryl Sydor

Henrik Ludqvist
M.A. Fleury

rt is online now  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:51 AM
  #45
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,656
vCash: 50
Can we work the Sedins into this perhaps?

Nizdizzle is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:53 AM
  #46
k1llua
 
k1llua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The New York Rangers:

Prucha-Dubinsky-Lisin
Dupuis-Betts-Walker
Fedoruk-Taffe-LaRose
Cam Ward-Bryzgalov-McGrattan

Hall Gill-Derek Morris
David Hale-Paul Mara
Matt Jones-Darryl Sydor

Henrik Ludqvist
M.A. Fleury
Bryz on the fourth line? He's at least a solid third line center, probably a decent second liner.

k1llua is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 12:56 AM
  #47
jmor
Sens and Jets
 
jmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
Bryz on the fourth line? He's at least a solid third line center, probably a decent second liner.
your forgetting he has chemistry with grats

that's an ideal fourth line checking unit, with solid goal scoring potential


i like to see ward as more of a pest rather than a fighter

jmor is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 01:01 AM
  #48
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
Bryz on the fourth line? He's at least a solid third line center, probably a decent second liner.
Yeah, but Blair Betts has Rangers seniority, and Jeff Taffe looks just like Joe Torre. It's New York. Politics, man, politics.

rt is online now  
Old
09-16-2008, 01:04 AM
  #49
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,955
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No it doesn't. Pittsburgh can't afford Eric.
ooo come on. It's a lot more realistic than the Staal for Staal for Staal for Staal deal.

But I do expect to see Jordan Staal get traded by the end of the season. He'll be due for the kind of money Jeff Carter is making, and with the raise Malkin gets after next year they won't be able to fork that kind of dough out.

Staal brothers playing together on the first line in Carolina wouldn't be impossible.

thadd is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 01:23 AM
  #50
k1llua
 
k1llua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Yeah, but Blair Betts has Rangers seniority, and Jeff Taffe looks just like Joe Torre. It's New York. Politics, man, politics.
And this is why the Rangers will never win a cup again.

k1llua is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.