HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Maxime Ouellet

Old
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
CDR

vCash: 500
Maxime Ouellet

Anyone know where he is going this season.

CDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
You mean the former Flyer's goaltending prospect? If he is still playing wouldn't it be somewhere in the low minors?

flyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR View Post
He's not signed anywhere at the moment. He may retire as he's only played 7 games in the last two years.

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:20 PM
CDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
He's not signed anywhere at the moment. He may retire as he's only played 7 games in the last two years.
Were rumours all summer that Coventry Blaze from the UK wanted him and there goalie apparantly isn't performing too well. I think he might end up there before the end of the season.

CDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvell...09-111600.html

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:38 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
If he has a good camp he could actually dress for some NHL games seeing as Niittymaki is out for 4-6 weeks.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Caps8112

I remember his first game for Wash. SHUTOUT. After that I think he called it a career cause he sure didnt show up in any more of his starts. But we only gave up oates for him

Caps8112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I always felt kinda sorry for him. He seemed like he had all this promise coming out of juniors and then it just self-destructed in spectacular fashion.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Don Nachbaur 26

Boy was I pissed when they traded him to WASH. Maybe Clarke had a clue afterall?

Don Nachbaur 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

It was odd the way it went down here for Maxime. He was set up to be the back up to Olie for the 05-06 season. Now he didn't have the best W-L record the two seasons prior with Portland (coached by the wonderfully defensive Tim Army....uuugh) but his GAA and SV percentage were respectable while with the Pirates. He had 10 shutouts in the 03-04 season for a team that just no zero offense.

So he comes to camp...seems to be good to go...then outta nowhere the Caps claim Johnson from Vancouver. Max vanishes from any kind of playing time. Goes down to Hershey...sits and sits...then is shelled in his one start. Then eventually traded to Vancouver.

The whole thing was bizarre since the media nor the Caps really commented on anything. He just lost his place with the organization. Some speculated rebound control...others head issues. Whatever the case...it was still odd to see someone just fall out of favor so fast with no explanation from anyone.

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

According to Mike Emrick he's now a winger for Tampa.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 03:05 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
According to Mike Emrick he's now a winger for Tampa.
Wasn't he always on Tampa? Or is that a different Ouellet?

Edit: That's Michel

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
It was odd the way it went down here for Maxime. He was set up to be the back up to Olie for the 05-06 season. Now he didn't have the best W-L record the two seasons prior with Portland (coached by the wonderfully defensive Tim Army....uuugh) but his GAA and SV percentage were respectable while with the Pirates. He had 10 shutouts in the 03-04 season for a team that just no zero offense.

So he comes to camp...seems to be good to go...then outta nowhere the Caps claim Johnson from Vancouver. Max vanishes from any kind of playing time. Goes down to Hershey...sits and sits...then is shelled in his one start. Then eventually traded to Vancouver.

The whole thing was bizarre since the media nor the Caps really commented on anything. He just lost his place with the organization. Some speculated rebound control...others head issues. Whatever the case...it was still odd to see someone just fall out of favor so fast with no explanation from anyone.
I've never found a real explanation either, and I've searched a fair bit to find one. Some speculate it was conditioning and others mental. But it's really like everything completely fell apart when Johnson was claimed. I mean he was looking very strong coming out of junior, basically looking like Jonathan Bernier does now (although Ouellet's peak in junior may have been at the WJC), and in his three seasons with the Pirates, only 2004-05 was his SV% below .929. In 2003-04 the guy had 10 shutouts and only 15 wins (on a weak and offensively incapable team as you said). Fast forward a few years and he can't even stick in pro hockey. It's completely baffling to me, and the lack of explanation almost makes me wonder if the explanation is being kept private for some reason.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 03:14 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR View Post
What, are you related to the guy?

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Impossibles

He played a couple games for Vancouver a couple years ago, and I can see why he's having trouble keeping a job. He's just not very good. He had trouble with some very routine shots and is just not very mobile. Makes the occasional great save, but his fundementals are just not at a pro level.

Impossibles is offline   Reply With Quote