HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sweet Caroline

Old
09-15-2008, 05:07 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
oh god i hate that song, they play ALL THE TIME at red wings games.

but IMHO New York, New York should definitely be the song
Don't Stop Believing? Who in the world hate's that song!

OR

When we have Alexei Cherepanov come, we can play HIER KOMMT ALEX by Die Toten Hosen. Oh my god, when is the last time we had a song played after a player scored a goal?(except for Prucha and Franz Ferdinand).

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGomezToZherdev View Post

OR

When we have Alexei Cherepanov come, we can play HIER KOMMT ALEX by Die Toten Hosen. Oh my god, when is the last time we had a song played after a player scored a goal?(except for Prucha and Franz Ferdinand).
Hossa had one, but we never heard it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:19 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
oh god i hate that song, they play ALL THE TIME at red wings games.

but IMHO New York, New York should definitely be the song
They already play New York, New York as well as New York State of Mind after games (usually when the arena is close to empty).

I wouldn't mind seeing Sweet Caroline dumped. As it's been mentioned, it reminds me of the collective demon spawn known as the Boston Red Sox, but I think alot of fans now associate it with the Rangers after the last few post-lockout seasons. Plus Renney likes it, so it will stay.

The stick salute will definitely stay, that's become an outstanding tradition IMO.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGomezToZherdev View Post

OR

That isn't Franz Ferdinand for Prucha, it's Dschinghis Khan:

Also, they played Irish music a few times after Shanny scored. I believe that first started in Detroit.

Old
09-15-2008, 05:31 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post

Also, they played Irish music a few times after Shanny scored. I believe that first started in Detroit.
No they also used Do You Wanna by Franz Ferdinand for Prucha a couple of times.

Old
09-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post

that song was so wrong on so many levels

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Quote:
that song was so wrong on so many levels
Is it Czech? What does it mean ?

Old
09-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Hypernova

Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
I don't care if they keep sweet caroline or lose it, they GOTTA keep the center ice salute. I absolutely love it and think it's a classy move that represents the organization well. I was hoping to see it in nhl 09 this year, but it's not in the game.
Don't you think that is a tad over the top for a regular season game?

Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsyDevil13 View Post
Don't you think that is a tad over the top for a regular season game?
Assembling at center ice and raising your stick for 3 seconds to a crowd that pays the type of money they pay to see a team win is far from over the top if you ask me. Its a classy move and connects the fans to the players.

I'm sure if the Devils did it, you'd love it - seriously. I think all the teams should do it if they want to. I find nothing wrong with it, its not taunting the other team - it's not staying out there for a minute and soaking up the applause. Whats the difference between that and a single player coming out for the 3 stars announcement?

Old
09-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Assembling at center ice and raising your stick for 3 seconds to a crowd that pays the type of money they pay to see a team win is far from over the top if you ask me. Its a classy move and connects the fans to the players.

I'm sure if the Devils did it, you'd love it - seriously. I think all the teams should do it if they want to. I find nothing wrong with it, its not taunting the other team - it's not staying out there for a minute and soaking up the applause. Whats the difference between that and a single player coming out for the 3 stars announcement?
Agreed. It's not over the top at all. There is a sense of appreciation when they raise their sticks to the cheering home crowd.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Agreed. It's not over the top at all. There is a sense of appreciation when they raise their sticks to the cheering home crowd.
They could do personal handshakes for everyone in the crowd and still be in bed on time.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:59 PM
ThisYearsModel

Henrik should get the Enter Sandman theme prior to shootouts. I have no problem with Sweet Caroline. It has been established now, we should go with it. When we make the finals, Neil Diamond can come and sing it live,.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:34 PM
danno2530

Quote:

Agreed. I think it's a great tradition. I know the Islanders, Sabres and maybe the Blackhawks have also done it as well at various points. If every team did it, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Even the USA Men's Basketball team did a group wave to the fans in Beijing. If you're paying good money to see these games, it's nice to get something extra, even something quick like the stick salute.

Old
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Hypernova

Quote:

Exactly, the three star presentation is enough. I just think it's a little presumptuous. If it was the playoffs, I get it, but you don't need to salute the crowd when you destroy some bottom dwelling team like the Leafs.

Old
09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Exactly, the three star presentation is enough. I just think it's a little presumptuous. If it was the playoffs, I get it, but you don't need to salute the crowd when you destroy some bottom dwelling team like the Leafs.
If the purpose of it is to honor and acknowledge the fans, what difference does it make if they do it after every win?

09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Its not about the other team or even the accomplishments of the Rangers that night. Its about honoring the fans who came out to see the team win that night.

I can see how you feel that way since youre biased towards the Rangers, but let's be honest. If that was Brodeur, Rolston, Elias, Gionta, etc at center ice saluting you and the rest of your fellow Devils fans at the rock you would eat that up man... its really one of the coolest little moments during an event and something to look forward to seeing when entering the arena that night, regular season or playoffs...

Hey, the Rangers did it when they got booted from the playoffs 2 years ago to Buffalo at home. That had nothing to do with anything except thanking the fans for their support. I think its a very good thing, something we dont have enough of in the sporting world.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 09-16-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Hypernova

Quote:
Its not about the other team or even the accomplishments of the Rangers that night. Its about honoring the fans who came out to see the team win that night.

I can see how you feel that way since youre biased towards the Rangers, but let's be honest. If that was Brodeur, Rolston, Elias, Gionta, etc at center ice saluting you and the rest of your fellow Devils fans at the rock you would eat that up man... its really one of the coolest little moments during an event and something to look forward to seeing when entering the arena that night, regular season or playoffs...

Hey, the Rangers did it when they got booted from the playoffs 2 years ago to Buffalo at home. That had nothing to do with anything except thanking the fans for their support. I think its a very good thing, something we dont have enough of in the sporting world.
You're right, it is a cool thing for a team to do, but I just think doing it every win is just a little much.

Old
09-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
they dont do it just against bottom dwelling teams, they salute every win and its a tradition, maybe its something you dont know about

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
You're right, it is a cool thing for a team to do, but I just think doing it every win is just a little much.
Every win at home that is... which was 25 times last year.

Fair enough...

Old
09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Garv23

I hate this song and wish it would go away, but it's not. Unfortunately it's corny chorus is too irresistable for people not to sing along to. Oh well.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
They could do personal handshakes for everyone in the crowd and still be in bed on time.
ROFL so true, I'm glad you caught my original post before I edited it to avoid any arguments (at least before the season starts).

Old
09-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
The Rangers do the stick salute for every game they win AT HOME. It's really not a huge deal. They aren't hitting the team they just beat in the face with their sticks, they're just showing their appreciation for a SUPPORTIVE AND FULL crowd.

Old
09-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Fletch

now that I think of it...

I wouldn't mind if the game ends, the three stars are announced, and the players go to the locker rooms and change. I understand the stick salute was something started after the lockout, but I don't see the big deal anymore. And the winning song - interesting, but I kind of like the say Yankees games end - with NY, NY in the background. I don't see a salute in the other sports nor is there a winning song (at least I don't believe). Perhaps with Jagr moving on the tradition can change.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:20 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-yqPhItr8

BTW
That is the song I think should be played when Cherepanov comes over

Old
09-16-2008, 09:35 PM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
Quote:
They should play New York, New York instead IMO, it fits the Rangers more.
That's so Yankee tradition. How about something original...I don't mind the Sweet Caroline thing, but that's been a Red Sox thing. There's tons of options out there, if they change it I want to see something original.

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote