HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Golf "Classic" Pics LoL

Old
09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Forechecker

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
you guys are ridiculous. The idea that you can tell anything about these players fitness levels based on a few pictures of them wearing loose golf shirts is laughable.
\

THANK YOU!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 11:22 AM
jmb9191

Pruchas triceps look.....terribly small. Wow.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Muckalt

They invited Nedved? Oh no!

Muckalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by the zamboni View Post
How do you save the pictures from the website? If Dawes grew a small afro, he would look like Lenny Kravitz in that picture...
The print screen button on your keyboard, plus a little bit of cropping in paint. Easy as pie...

I honestly thought the same thing about Nicky Z. He looked a lil out of shape and the "beer belly" is noticeable.

On the other hand, Mathieu Schneider came to Chelsea Piers in the offseason years ago with Leetch and Schneids in the locker room...lmao

The guy looked pregnant. But he played that season and did well. For some reason, it doesn't seem to stop them lol.

-Brian

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
The print screen button on your keyboard, plus a little bit of cropping in paint. Easy as pie...

I honestly thought the same thing about Nicky Z. He looked a lil out of shape and the "beer belly" is noticeable.

On the other hand, Mathieu Schneider came to Chelsea Piers in the offseason years ago with Leetch and Schneids in the locker room...lmao

The guy looked pregnant. But he played that season and did well. For some reason, it doesn't seem to stop them lol.

-Brian

-Brian
Honestly, I know borderline obese guys that can ****in play. Once blades hit the ice, weight might actually help your cause..

Z's gonna be quite alright..let them have a crash course in conditioning from Dubi.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
you guys are ridiculous. The idea that you can tell anything about these players fitness levels based on a few pictures of them wearing loose golf shirts is laughable.
Yeah no kidding. Let's at least wait until they at least play their first exhibition game.

Anyway, nice pictures. Looks like a pretty cool event.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:54 PM
HML

How About Posting Some Scores?

Low score, closest to the pin? Curious which of these guys can really play golf.

HML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HML View Post
Low score, closest to the pin? Curious which of these guys can really play golf.
Probably Sather lol.

I know most hockey players do play golf so I could imagine these guys being quite competitive against each other.

The best?? I dunno

Old
09-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Is it me or does Dubi look like he has blond hair?

Voros looks like a Mac Truck. Kalinin's picture looks like an ad for GAP, Wow i didnt even recognize Sjostring.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Is it me or does Dubi look like he has blond hair?

Voros looks like a Mac Truck. Kalinin's picture looks like an ad for GAP, Wow i didnt even recognize Sjostring.

Yeap...I thought he dye'd it myself but there's another pic and it looks darker, so I'm not sure.

Voros- MSG's new fan Fave.

-B

Old
09-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
Yeap...I thought he dye'd it myself but there's another pic and it looks darker, so I'm not sure.

Voros- MSG's new fan Fave.

-B
in the other pic it looked like he was going grey

Voros is just a giant i cant wait til the season starts

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i really dont understand why naslund is a rightie golfer but a leftie shot. brian rolston is the same way. i mean i can understand throwing a baseball rightie but its the same motion with a golf club and hockey stick, for the most part

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:49 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
i really dont understand why naslund is a rightie golfer but a leftie shot. brian rolston is the same way. i mean i can understand throwing a baseball rightie but its the same motion with a golf club and hockey stick, for the most part
I'm a lefty shot, but a righty golfer and righty batter. The only thing else I do lefty is lacrosse.

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Garv23

This season better get here soon because now I'm really itchin for some friggin hockey. I mean, Christ, I watched Youngblood last night on MSG and actually shadow boxed while Youngblood was fighting Racki

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
I write left handed, shoot a puck rightie, golf lefty, throw rightie, etc... People have weird tendencies.

Also, it doesn't surprise me me that a guy swings a club and a stick from different sides. Look at the forwards on our roster (listed on the team's site): we have 8 lefty shots and 6 righties-- this holds true for most teams. Conversely, look at the top 15 on the PGA money list: 13 righties, 2 lefties.

The general population is something like 15% left handed, so for whatever reason how you shoot with a hockey stick doesn't seem to follow the handedness patterns of societies, whereas how you hold a golf club does. I can't explain it, but it's pretty clear.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:23 PM
D713B

Quote:
Your reading comprehension appears to be whats laughable.

I made a comment about Nik's physique because it caught me off guard. I also stated that it's from ONE photo and that I had no inclination as to what his work outs consist of nor what his typical physique looks like.

How about you actually ingest peoples statements before making rude comments about someone else's opinion?

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Bury Your Head

Zherdev looks like he put on a few pounds...THAT'S IT. SEASON'S OVER. Oh well, see you guys next year; maybe Jagr'll come back.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Your reading comprehension appears to be whats laughable.

I made a comment about Nik's physique because it caught me off guard. I also stated that it's from ONE photo and that I had no inclination as to what his work outs consist of nor what his typical physique looks like.

How about you actually ingest peoples statements before making rude comments about someone else's opinion?
It wasn't direct specifically at you. You were just one of several people making comments, and not just about Zherdev.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Honestly, I know borderline obese guys that can ****in play. Once blades hit the ice, weight might actually help your cause..

Z's gonna be quite alright..let them have a crash course in conditioning from Dubi.
Yeah man, I'm not in the greatest physical shape, and never really have been. Even then, I was always one of, if not the fastest skater anywhere I went. My weight also made me a force the few times I was able to actually line up a hit!

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:51 PM
D713B

I don't understand why everyone is getting so defensive from a comment that Nik has a beer belly. It was a simple observation. When was anyone like oH nOoOez!!!ZoRz!!! Nik is phatZZz and slOwZZZ!!

It's perfectly reasonable to be a little caught off guard by that picture and when coupling it with the statements that he has as much natural talent as the elite players in the league but has yet to realize his potential and some believe he will never realize it.

Sorry for maybe having a different mental picture of what a highly talented professional 24 year old NHL athlete's physique would consist of.

Old
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
I don't understand why everyone is getting so defensive from a comment that Nik has a beer belly. It was a simple observation. When was anyone like oH nOoOez!!!ZoRz!!! Nik is phatZZz and slOwZZZ!!

It's perfectly reasonable to be a little caught off guard by that picture and when coupling it with the statements that he has as much natural talent as the elite players in the league but has yet to realize his potential and some believe he will never realize it.
I was just fooling around, it's really not a big deal. I could care less if he looked like Rosie O'Donnell on ice, for as long as he puts the puck in the back of the net 30 times this year.

Old
09-16-2008, 04:57 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
I was just fooling around, it's really not a big deal. I could care less if he looked like Rosie O'Donnell on ice, for as long as he puts the puck in the back of the net 30 times this year.
Frankly I do and I'm pretty sure the strength and conditioning coaches care what he looks like as well. I know its only one picture but the reaction could be one of two things. Wow, Nik really looks like he is in incredible shape can't wait to see him hit the ice or hey, our "prized" off season acquisition looks like he's been drinking with his boys all off season.

Old
09-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Frankly I do and I'm pretty sure the strength and conditioning coaches care what he looks like as well. I know its only one picture but the reaction could be one of two things. Wow, Nik really looks like he is in incredible shape can't wait to see him hit the ice or hey, our "prized" off season acquisition looks like he's been drinking with his boys all off season.
Two words. Russian vodka.

Old
09-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
I'm a lefty shot, but a righty golfer and righty batter. The only thing else I do lefty is lacrosse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I write left handed, shoot a puck rightie, golf lefty, throw rightie, etc... People have weird tendencies.

Also, it doesn't surprise me me that a guy swings a club and a stick from different sides. Look at the forwards on our roster (listed on the team's site): we have 8 lefty shots and 6 righties-- this holds true for most teams. Conversely, look at the top 15 on the PGA money list: 13 righties, 2 lefties.

The general population is something like 15% left handed, so for whatever reason how you shoot with a hockey stick doesn't seem to follow the handedness patterns of societies, whereas how you hold a golf club does. I can't explain it, but it's pretty clear.
thats really weird

so i mean, you should be a decent "switch hitter" in hockey, golf, and baseball right? i play goalie, so i have a leftie curve because i catch with my left hand and when i play forward shoot with a rightie curve

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:21 PM
D713B

I'm a lefty shot in hockey but write with my right, bat with my right and throw with my right. That said, you would laugh if you saw me take a few cuts from the left side of the plate.