HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schneider cleared waivers!!!!!!!!

Old
09-16-2008, 03:23 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
if we can clear the cap space for him, I would claim him.
Again, 27 other teams would have to pass on him for us to get him. Not gonna happen.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:30 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
I read somewhere that Burkie may have decided to wave Schneider instead of trading him so that another team cannot sell him off as a rental come deadline time. I have to admit that idea has some merit, even more so if his only trading partner was the Kings.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:38 PM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I find it hard to believe that schneider couldn't even deliver some sort of return... unless the ducks want absolutely no salary coming back.... but even then, burke could have taken a flyer on some prospect. Surely, you could get SOMETHING for him.

I dont get it

edit: I didnt realize he was making andrei markov type money... it makes a little more sense now
Burke did absolutely the same thing with Bryzgalov. That's why many people in Vancouver hate Burke because he left the Canucks and there was no futures. It looks like the exact same thing will happen to the Ducks as the prospect list is getting thinner and thinner.

Burke has always had a WIN-NOW attitude and doesn't care about the future. The same thing is happening with Schneider. I can't believe no one was interested in him.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:39 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Everyone said the same things last year when Burke waived Bryzgalov...either Burke overvalues his players like crazy or...I don't know what.
Or Burke's a dick and no one wants to do him any favors... It's not like Schneider's production value is all that close to being worth what he costs (IMO).

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarev View Post
Burke did absolutely the same thing with Bryzgalov. That's why many people in Vancouver hate Burke because he left the Canucks and there was no futures. It looks like the exact same thing will happen to the Ducks as the prospect list is getting thinner and thinner.

Burke has always had a WIN-NOW attitude and doesn't care about the future. The same thing is happening with Schneider. I can't believe no one was interested in him.
I wonder if Leafnation still want Burkie.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Lone Rogue

Three reasons why this happened:

3. The teams that wanted him were over cap to have him or (refer to number one)

2. Brian Burke has a much less reputation among GM's than he does with fans, if you can believe that.

and the number one?

1. Why help Burke out? Burke is trying to cut cap. This always happens with him. He is only two years removed now from winning a Cup. Why do the guy a favour? So teams are stepping back and making him desperate. Now he has to drop a Cup winning, bonified top 4 Offensive defenceman with oodles of talent left in his career and get absolutely nothing in return except his precious cap space to bring back Selanne. No youth, no picks, no veterans in return, nothing.

Anyway, the only way Burke will get a return now is if a team like LA wants to pick him up, someone else wants him, LA gets first priority by waiver rules, and a team is willing to give Burke something to ensure it doesn't happen. Otherwise? Schneider will be a King.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarev View Post

what are you talking about? Left the Canucks with no future? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Theodore, Ribeiro, Huet and even Samsonov got traded to places where they could play and shine. Not sent back to Hamilton. Even Murray got another chance I think. All of them are now in a much better position than they would have been if not traded.
what does Hamilton have to do with this? It was said in no uncertain terms that gainey will not get rid of a player just because that player is underperforming or not in the team's plans anymore. All of those examples are just that. They were either underperforming, not in the team's plans or both.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Erika

Would be a good pick up, but I doubt it happens... Teams like Los Angeles, Atlanta, Ny Islanders might claim him...

Anyway, I want a forward on the blue line with Markov so no need for Schneider IMO.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Would be a good pick up, but I doubt it happens... Teams like Los Angeles, Atlanta, Ny Islanders might claim him...

Anyway, I want [/on the blue line with Markov so no need for Schneider IMO.
Of course. Who wouldn't?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
I'm actually surprised that one of the teams with plenty of cap space didn't make a trade for him. Especially a team like LA, where he would be a great addition to help out with their young D-men.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 06:58 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I'm actually surprised that one of the teams with plenty of cap space didn't make a trade for him. Especially a team like LA, where he would be a great addition to help out with their young D-men.

Probably because they'll be one of the first on the list allowed to grab him of waivers

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Probably because they'll be one of the first on the list allowed to grab him of waivers
Definitely makes sense, I just looked at the list that hototogisu provided and noticed they are 2nd on the list behind Tampa.

Old
09-16-2008, 07:42 PM
HockeyF3ind

****in Waive Dandy!!!! Waive Him!!!! Get Schneider!!! Omg Plz!

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Wasn't there a rule that said that if you had claimed a player, you went to the bottom of the list?

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
goalchenyuk

i have technical questions ;

If no team claims him , does he need to play to the farm team of the Ducks , or does he become a free agent ? If he becomes a free agent , he could sign for less money ?

If the Ducks call him up , could he be claimed , but at the half of his value ( Ducks forced to pay half of it ) ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
i have technical questions ;

If no team claims him , does he need to play to the farm team of the Ducks , or does he become a free agent ? If he becomes a free agent , he could sign for less money ?

If the Ducks call him up , could he be claimed , but at the half of his value ( Ducks forced to pay half of it ) ?
If no one claims him *highly unlikely*, he would be sent to the Ducks farm team. The second part I bolded is correct.

Old
09-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
god, I don't know why people are obsessed with trading bouillon.

Some are actually thinking of playing schneider with gorges on the 3rd pair... are you kidding me. Seriously, you don't get a 6m, 68 years old dmen and ask him to play against 4th liners...

I actually prefer having bouillon than schneider when guys like hollweg, orr and neil are on the ice...

when I joined this board a year or two ago, ppl were complaining about his contract....not about his ability to play a physical, simple game.

I don't know if the bouillon haters actually watched the playoffs, because that third pair of bouillon and gorges often looked better than the 1rst 2 pairs...

I would love to get schneider.... don't get me wrong... his pp experience would be a new tool on our pp...

but why seperate bouillon and gorges when they have been doing great last year...?

bouillion tied with komi for the best +/- last year , and played an average of 17:20 /game..... 8 points... 60 pim : 18 minors, 3 majors, 1 game misc.....tons of solid hits.

I don't care if ppl just start flaming against me for defending bouillon, but hockey wise, I wish they could explain to me what they expect from a 6th defender...

i agree 100%. i love the gorges boullion chemistry

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Fenris

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
If no team claims him (…) If the Ducks call him up , could he be claimed , but at the half of his value ( Ducks forced to pay half of it ) ?
Now, wouldn't that make things interesting for Burke?

Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
otto bond

I think that Burk is being low balled by other team. First Bryzgalov, and he flips out at Lowe. He is always the louder and at time it's entertaining, but let's say that there are some consequence. I'm very happy with Bob.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:38 PM
otto bond

TO traded for Schneider at one point and pick where involved and the pick happen to be Luango.
Anytime we can at the Leafs, it's worth the .

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:40 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
aint that the truth.
This may be the first time ever that ALL HF users agree on something.
Impossible.

I mean.. we have a guy who disagrees with our 100th season.. i guess finding a Dandenault lover woulnd't be that hard now would it?

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Impossible.

I mean.. we have a guy who disagrees with our 100th season.. i guess finding a Dandenault lover woulnd't be that hard now would it?
Finding Dandenault a lover would be even easier.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 04:59 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I'll play devil's advocate for a minute and say that there is some merit to that argument. The way a successful club treats it's veterans has an effect on its ability to both attract and retain talent. If you were a veteran would you consider signing with Anaheim after the way they treated Schneider?
The thing that makes both situations different is that Schneider is still very useful where-as Dandenault doesn't want to accept his role with the club.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
That's the completely pragmatic way of looking at it, but what I'm saying is that treating players like disposable commodities also has a cost.
It's my honest answer. I'd look at his age and salary, and see it as an isolated incident. I would probably even see it as the nature of the business, and that it's no different than trading a player, which he would be if it were possible. These guys know they're commodities.

I'd also like to think I'd be confident enough in my abilities that I'd get the chance to succeed with the club. Being waived wouldn't enter my mind.

What I would want to know is how management treats the players' families, how the coaching staff works with their players and what the day to day atmosphere is like 8 months out of the year. This is what would be most important to me, and if I ever did have any concerns about the Schneiders of the world, I'd ask around to get his side of the story.

Niedermayer and Selanne came back to the club, that would be encouraging enough for me as a UFA.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 09-17-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote