HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Help For Blacked Out CT Ranger Fans

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
  #26
Mistress Mandy
Registered User
 
Mistress Mandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
I never heard of this.
Does this mean I will get Ranger games on CSPAN...or am I blacked out entirely?
Depends on if the Rangers and Celtics happen to play at the same time. If the Celtics aren't playing, you'll usually get the game on whatever channel Comcast SportsNet is (for me, it's #31). If the Celtics are also playing, CSPAN2 will switch over to MSG.

But Comcast did its little channel reconfiguration about a month or so ago, so I have no idea which channel will be switched over if both teams are playing.

Mistress Mandy is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 02:50 PM
  #27
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyB View Post
Depends on if the Rangers and Celtics happen to play at the same time. If the Celtics aren't playing, you'll usually get the game on whatever channel Comcast SportsNet is (for me, it's #31). If the Celtics are also playing, CSPAN2 will switch over to MSG.

But Comcast did its little channel reconfiguration about a month or so ago, so I have no idea which channel will be switched over if both teams are playing.
So...I don't center ice...I'll get the Rangers anyway?
What town you get comcast from?
I'm Comcast Vernon.

mucker* is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
  #28
Mistress Mandy
Registered User
 
Mistress Mandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Yeah. You'll get a majority of the games on MSG, unless it's one of the few times the Knicks have the advantage. Rangers are pushed to MSG's secondary channel.

Other than that, you'll get all of the games on Versus and NBC. (And there's at least one game on NBC this year. Definitely more.)

And I'm getting Comcast from Bolton, which isn't too far from Vernon.

Mistress Mandy is offline  
Old
09-16-2008, 11:14 PM
  #29
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
Bolton uses the same Comcast...out of Vernon..as my town.
So...let me get this straight

1) Hmmm..so if they're going to give us Rangers/Knicks...why not give us MSG?
Since the Rangers/Knicks are the premier part of MSG...you'd think Comcast would not be saving money showing the games but not subscribing to the network.

2) What doesn't make sense...why they show Rangers/Knicks BUT not Mets. I thought since we got no Mets...we'd get no NHL.

3) The Rangers will be on either CSN...or CSPAN.
-How many games do you normally get?
-Do the Rangers get blacked out a lot, or just a handful?
I thought I read the Rangers got 30 games blacked out beyond FF county?

4) Do the Rangers hold the advantage over the Knicks...or is it split?

5) Will we get Devs/Isles too?

mucker* is offline  
Old
09-17-2008, 12:27 AM
  #30
Mistress Mandy
Registered User
 
Mistress Mandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
1) Hmmm..so if they're going to give us Rangers/Knicks...why not give us MSG?
Since the Rangers/Knicks are the premier part of MSG...you'd think Comcast would not be saving money showing the games but not subscribing to the network.
And to think that Comcast just removed a few channels from the basic cable tier. At the very least, they could do some good and add the network to the tier. It sure as heck beats having to worry about "am I going to get the game tonight".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
2) What doesn't make sense...why they show Rangers/Knicks BUT not Mets. I thought since we got no Mets...we'd get no NHL.
I think the Mets get their games on TV up here every once in a full moon or something. I haven't been paying attention with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
3) The Rangers will be on either CSN...or CSPAN.
-How many games do you normally get?
-Do the Rangers get blacked out a lot, or just a handful?
I thought I read the Rangers got 30 games blacked out beyond FF county?
I get almost all of them. 70+. Except for the times when the Knicks are also in action and MSG decides to show that game instead of the hockey game. And then there were times last season when the Rangers were in western Canada, and I think I saw limited action over there. If I'm lucky, MSG will show whatever's left of the Rangers game after the Knicks game is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
4) Do the Rangers hold the advantage over the Knicks...or is it split?
On the rare moment when the Knicks and Rangers do play at the same time? I think there were a few times when the Knicks would get the advantage. But it didn't amount to too many moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
5) Will we get Devs/Isles too?
No. Unless whomever is controlling the switchover is sleeping at the controls.

Mistress Mandy is offline  
Old
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
  #31
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
Mandy...do me a favor.
-Type into google "tvguide listings"
-Go to edit location
-Enter your zip
-Post what Cable Company you have (if it's Comcast Vernon)


I called up comcast...but the operator was not familiar with anything so they could not confirm or deny.


1) It's normally on CSN or CSPAN2...any other channels?
-Any other channels?
-Isn't it weird they would have the Rangers on CSN which is out of Boston?

2) No Devs/Isles?
-Wonder why?

mucker* is offline  
Old
09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
  #32
Mistress Mandy
Registered User
 
Mistress Mandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
Mandy...do me a favor.
-Type into google "tvguide listings"
-Go to edit location
-Enter your zip
-Post what Cable Company you have (if it's Comcast Vernon)
I get Comcast Vernon. (Strange. I don't think there's an office there...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
1) It's normally on CSN or CSPAN2...any other channels?
-Any other channels?
-Isn't it weird they would have the Rangers on CSN which is out of Boston?
The two channels I listed are the only two channels that pick up games. But I don't know if CSPAN -- there isn't CSPAN2 in the cable lineup, which was there before the reconfiguration -- will be the second channel in the event of the Celtics.

I don't know why Comcast SportsNet would switch over to MSG. It was like that when it was FOX Sports New England or whatever it was a year or so ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucked View Post
2) No Devs/Isles?
-Wonder why?
Again, I have no clue.

That's all I can tell you because that's all I know.

Mistress Mandy is offline  
Old
09-17-2008, 01:03 PM
  #33
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Awards:
As this has become a two person thread, I ask that you take it to PMs.

Thanks.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.