HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jamie's top 100

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2004, 02:27 AM
Jamie

vCash: 500
Jamie's top 100

Alright, I did a lot of debating whether I should bother posting this or not, and I decided I wouldn't bother on the prospects board as I'd get to many so and so won't go that high, or that low and things of that liking. This is in no intentions a 'mock draft'. It's my personal rankings. A lot of my info has been stolen from other publications, as well as from what I've seen(very limited to none for most Euro's), one pro scout I know through family, and have had the opportunity to talk to on opportunity, postings from here on HF, and friends I have from around the world that get to see certain guy's once in a while(all be it, there not exactly what I'd call great judges of talent). So take this for what you want, I'm not going to bother defending any of my desicions as I got a feeling there'll be some people that will try and rip it apart, and I don't want to bother defending my choices. Anyways, I hope I've covered my butt enough from any harsh critisizm and hopefully only receive constructive critisizm Also, I'll be adjusting right up to draft day I'm sure, and there could easily be a guy I acidently left off, or accidently put higher than I wanted as I just finished putting it together and haven't gone through it yet(there could be repeat players as well I'm sure), so in other words, this is by no means my final list but I've babbled...

Alexander Ovechekin
Evgeni Malkin
Cam Barker
Rostislav Olesz
Andrew Ladd
Lauri Tukonen
Robbie Schremp
Marek Schwarz
Drew Stafford
Alexandre Picard
A.J. Thelen
Alex Radulov
Alvaro Montoya
Travis Zajac
Lauri Korpikoski
David Bolland
Blake Wheeler
Boris Valabik
Jakub Sindel
Lukas Kaspar
Devan Dubnyk
Corey Schneider
Bruce Graham
Kyle Chipchura
Andrej Meszaros
Mike Green
Enver Lisin
Ladislav Smid
Wojtek Wolski
Juraj Gracik
Carl Soderberg
Jeff Shultz
Johan Fransson
Adam Pineault
Roman Voloshenko
David Shantz
Evan McGrath
Viktor Alexandrov
Denis Parshin
Johannes Salmonsson
Petteri Nokelainen
Kris Chucko
Ryan Garlock
Paul Statsny
Dimitri Vorobiev
Viktor Alexandrov
Fredrick Naslund
Andy Rogers
David Krejci
Sami Lepisto
Wes O'Neil
RJ Andersson
Justin Peters
Dave Brown
Brett Carson
Vaclav Meidl
Karel Hromas
Oscar Hedman
Roman Tamanek
Andrej Sekera
Bryan Bickell
Adam Berti
Grant Lewis
David Booth
Kyle Wharton
Mihail Yunkov
Aki Seitsonen
John Carter
Sergei Ogrodnikov
Will Engasser
Shawn Weller
Raymond Sawada
Zdenek Bahensky
Alexander Nikulin
Ladislav Scurko
Peter Regin
Sergei Shirokov
Roman Wick
Clayton Stoner
Ryan Callahan
Andrew Estey
Peter Tsimikalis
Martin Karsums
Julien Sprunger
Brian Ihnacak
Tom Gorowsky
Chris Zarb
Nicholas Tuzzolino
Chris Bourque
Geoff Paukovich
Darin Olver
Jannik Hansen
Mike Lundin
Peter Guggisberg
Marek Ulehla
Jordan Foote
Magnus Akerlund
Michal Valent
Jason Churchill
Nicholas Kemp
Aleksis Ahlqvist

Old
06-23-2004, 09:06 AM
GorillazXL

Interesting list. There are a few players that I'm suprise you've left off: Hensick, Sersen, Funk..etc. The top twenty is pretty evenly distrbuted based on BPA (I know I have the tendency to value forwards over defenceman and goalies)

GXL

Old
06-23-2004, 11:55 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
pretty good - I personaly am surprised how low Nokelainen is rated - but if there's any way he could slip to the Oilers second I'd be dancin!

06-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
Interesting list. There are a few players that I'm suprise you've left off: Hensick, Sersen, Funk..etc. The top twenty is pretty evenly distrbuted based on BPA (I know I have the tendency to value forwards over defenceman and goalies)

GXL
Those first two you mentioned I'm not to familiar with, maybe I'll do some asking around on them. Funk I'm just not a fan of. What are your opinions of Hensick and Sersen?

Old
06-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Those first two you mentioned I'm not to familiar with, maybe I'll do some asking around on them. Funk I'm just not a fan of. What are your opinions of Hensick and Sersen?
I've seen funk out here when he played against the Giants and I was surprised to see him ranked so highly. He's got a nice skating stride and he makes a couple of nice plays a game but overall I thought his game was quite weak.

TJ Hensick plays in US college for Michigan and his numbers were crazy but he's a small guy iirc. Funkymoses has been touting him as a top 25 draft pick since before Christmas.

Old
06-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Oi'll say!

http://www.mgoblue.com/document_disp...513&season=228

Not sure if that link works, but TJ had 20 more points than Jeff Tambellini did last year and Tambellini is a pretty sharp looking prospect and a high draft pick. TJ is more than a year younger than JT is too...

Old
06-23-2004, 08:28 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

I just noticed Lepisto was left off the list... how can that possibly be - If he's available even in teh SECOND and we don't take him I'll be riped

Old
06-23-2004, 08:34 PM
oilersboy

Lepisto is on the list

Old
06-23-2004, 08:37 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooiilleerr_bergeron
Lepisto is on the list

oops.... my bad

Old
06-23-2004, 09:43 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Hensick, I think he may have opted out for next year... but apparently he's got some serious highend skills (from what I've read). Sersen, I think he's under rated because of the offense on Rimouski. From the games I've seen him play (Prospect and a Rimouski game) he played a solid game. He's got decent size (6'1" 200lbs) and put up some decent numbers 7-18-25. The games I've seen him, he was involved offensively and played a solid defensive game. He's IMO worth a look in the 3rd. As for Funk, he's got the size and uses it well... he's not going to provide any offense but the guy will clear the crease. He had a bad final 1/4 to his season. He too would be worth a look in the 3rd.

GXL

Closed Thread