Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Herner EV

Old
09-17-2008, 11:43 AM
gnosh

vCash: 500
Herner EV

I was just curious, on average, what would a first year player make playing for a div 3 team in Germany? Ö Herner EV to be precise.

Also, what would the caliber of play be comparable to in North America? Ė ECHL, UHL, IHL Ö CIS, NCAA

Thanks!

gnosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
zecke26

hard to say what a player earns there. 3rd-tier is semi-pro. the foreigners are pro, some germans too, but some have a job.

i assume you ask because of asselin. well, he's there to be a 1st line and scorer. the level of play is different. the top teams might be on CHL level, but i'd say it's IHL level in general. herne is farm team of the cologne sharks (DEL), so they usually have some talented young germans.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
gnosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
hard to say what a player earns there. 3rd-tier is semi-pro. the foreigners are pro, some germans too, but some have a job.

i assume you ask because of asselin. well, he's there to be a 1st line and scorer. the level of play is different. the top teams might be on CHL level, but i'd say it's IHL level in general. herne is farm team of the cologne sharks (DEL), so they usually have some talented young germans.
Good guess! I was refering to Asselin - I was kinda hoping to see him play CIS hockey this year, preferably for Lakehead, but thatís ok Ö thanks for the info!

Iíve also been trying to some-what keep track of Jeff Richards who plays for Ravensburg which, as far as I can tell, would be 2 tier hockey (correct me if Iím wrong). I found some clips on youtube, but was hoping to find some entire games to watch. Any web feeds or archived games available on-line?

Old
09-19-2008, 09:50 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnosh View Post
Iíve also been trying to some-what keep track of Jeff Richards who plays for Ravensburg which, as far as I can tell, would be 2 tier hockey (correct me if Iím wrong). I found some clips on youtube, but was hoping to find some entire games to watch. Any web feeds or archived games available on-line?
yes, ravensburg is 2nd-tier. there are no online streams for whole games and no archived games. 2nd-tier is not really broadcasted.
but ravensburg has a online show where they show the highlights of their games.
http://www.rv-news.de/53869196fd0db8...b1b014dd37.htm
"zur sendung vom 16.09.08" is the current video. but the quality is not really good. so i doubt if you understand anything when not knowing german.
anyway, if you really wanna watch it, try to look for #16. that's richards.
http://www.towerstars.de/index.php?id=348

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:38 PM
gnosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
yes, ravensburg is 2nd-tier. there are no online streams for whole games and no archived games. 2nd-tier is not really broadcasted.
but ravensburg has a online show where they show the highlights of their games.
http://www.rv-news.de/53869196fd0db8...b1b014dd37.htm
"zur sendung vom 16.09.08" is the current video. but the quality is not really good. so i doubt if you understand anything when not knowing german.
anyway, if you really wanna watch it, try to look for #16. that's richards.
http://www.towerstars.de/index.php?id=348
Awsome, thanks for links!

I checked out the 'highlight' reel. The hockey was pretty good ... Richards missed a penalty shot I've seen that before

The quality of the video was pretty good, all I have to do now is learn German!

Thanks again!