HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins shopping for D

Old
09-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
I wouldn't argue that.
Realistically though, we aren't contenders this year, and I'd rather Lashoff got some ice time and started to become a full time NHL'er.
That makes sense and quite similar to Gillis' plan "B" for the Canucks if we don't get Sundin. We have a number of top six forward prospects close to being NHL ready. One or two of those getting experience would alliviate a lot of pressure on the Canucks finding a 2nd line foward.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 07:32 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I'm not a Boston fan but I'm not sure I'd trade Kessel and Hamil straight up for Kaberle let alone add a first as well.
Kaberle is awesome, but I would hesitate to include Kessel. Hamill and the 1st maybe.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Kaberle is awesome, but I would hesitate to include Kessel. Hamill and the 1st maybe.
Kaberle is a ligit #1 defenseman. I can't see TO trading him even for such a lopsided trade on TO's part. #1's are just too hard to come by. Bad trade for both teams.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 03:55 PM
plank

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Does Kessel play center? From the faceoff stats on NHL.com, it looks like he was taking less draws towards the end of the year..

Barker + 1st for Kessel? Given what both have done so far and their potential, I can't see their value being that far apart.

I think Chicago wouldn't mind taking back one of your seemingly superfluous left wingers - Axe or Schaefer, I'm just not too sure about their value.
from chicago:
cam barker(2.8 cap hit)
jack skille(1.2)

from boston
phil kessel(2.2)
pj axelsson(1.8)

even money. value?

plank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
illogic

Quote:
Hamill and a 1st doesn't even come remotely close to Kaberle's value. Look at what Dan Boyle got because that's the starting point for Kaberle's value.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by plank View Post
from chicago:
cam barker(2.8 cap hit)
jack skille(1.2)

from boston
phil kessel(2.2)
pj axelsson(1.8)

even money. value?
I like it a lot from a Chicago standpoint.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 05:23 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic View Post
Hamill and a 1st doesn't even come remotely close to Kaberle's value. Look at what Dan Boyle got because that's the starting point for Kaberle's value.
So I guess something like David Krejci, Matt Hunwick, a 1st and a 4th is what you consider the starting point for Kaberle? Is that in the area you are thinking? While Toronto would have to include someone like White to make it a somewhat similar starting point.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote