HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Cbj

Old
09-16-2008, 03:49 PM
AlMo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Tor:
Brassard
1st 09
2nd 09

Clb:
Antropov
Kaberle

Serious rebuilding for Toronto...

Columbus makes the playoffs for the first time.
I wouldn't even deal Kaberle for that deal. I like Brassard but enough to give up our best dman and forward. If the 1st was a top 5 pick then I would obviously like the deal but with Kaberle in CBJ, I would think they would be picking out of the top 10.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny canuckistan View Post
Leafs management would jump through hoops to close this deal, but I'm not sure Kabs would waive his NTC.

Having said that: Fair value for both teams, in my opinion. Leafs have no real need for Kaberle right now, since they didn't trade Kubina. Brassard is a gem, and would compliment John Tavares brilliantly. Great proposal.
so let me get this straight....you think this would work out for both teams because the maple leafs get rid of a player they dont want and get a gem in return, and the jackets lose a gem and pick up a player that the team didnt want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
For once someone understands my logic.
this is leafs logic , not common sense.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Please refer to my last post above Toronto's motivation to deal any form of offense on the team for a 2nd line prospect + picks.
No, because that has little to do with my post or the post I quoted. I'm not getting dragged into some other debate.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
hockeyfan99ss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
alright leafs fans you done?

first of all, a HUGE no from columbus's standpoint. Brassard his highly touted by them and they want to develop him into Nash's future centre, and can be a future 60+ point guy. Columbus doesn't need antropov either, they have a very reasonable top 6 right now (or at least for the next 3 years):

Huselius-Umberger-Nash
Filatov-Brassard-Torres/Voracek

you're overvaluing your leafs, antropov is not worth "a first rounder alone", and kaberle is not worth "very good young player, a stud prospect, and a first rounder". if they're so good why do you want to trade them away?

it's already overpayment from columbus, why would they have to give up another prospect? for this trade you're going to have to give up your first rounder too

i dont get leafs fans

Apparently brassard is highly rated, so my statement in my comment makes perfect sense, i said i didnt know brassard but unless he is highly rated itd be overpayment.

Kaberles trade value has basically been set by the boyle trade. He would probobly get more because he is on a much more reasonable contract, but they play basically the same game, around the same age, same situations. im not saying they would get exactly that but he would take somewhere around there.

Antropov I believe around the trade deadline would garner a first round pick, he is a top6 forward, signed to a reasonable contract of 2million that at the deadline would be peanuts to pickup.

I wasnt saying i wanted to trade these guys, i was speculating on their value in a trade and that CBJ would be undervalueing them unless brassard was ****ing amazing, which apparently he is.

hockeyfan99ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
goliath5151

Kaberle's value is so over-rated by Leafs fan its not even funny anymore.

Antropov has had 1 good year. Hes not worth anything more than a 2nd. Brassard is a great prospect.

If you expect more, then lets see what fletcher can get. I guarantee that old man wont get anything near this good.

goliath5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:10 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99ss View Post
Kaberles trade value has basically been set by the boyle trade. He would probobly get more because he is on a much more reasonable contract, but they play basically the same game, around the same age, same situations. im not saying they would get exactly that but he would take somewhere around there.
you're completely off. kaberle and boyle do not play the same game at all, they are just both offensive defensemen. kaberle is more defensive than boyle, and boyle is twice as good offensively, just bad defensively.

besides the sharks overpayed, they gave up a stud prospect and a 1st round pick that they needed. they could've just given up carle and a 3rd for boyle and it would've been fair, no wishart, no 1st, no lukowich.

Quote:
Antropov I believe around the trade deadline would garner a first round pick, he is a top6 forward, signed to a reasonable contract of 2million that at the deadline would be peanuts to pickup.
antropov has 1 year left on his contract, if he had a career year last year then yeah he came cheap for the 56 points he scored in 72 games, but he could very well only get 30-40 points next year like he has the 3 seasons prior. maybe he'll leave the leafs and become worth a first round pick, but right now he's not worth much until he's more consistent.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:12 PM
marmarsab
Formerly #13 & Schen

Quote:
i dont know much about brassard, but unless the kid is the next coming of crosby its MASSIVE overpayment by toronto.

kaberles value is basically "very good young player, stud prospect, first rounder"

and antropov is basically worth a first rounder.

so just for kaberle your proposal is undervalue provided brassard is a stud young player, but including antropov your basically robbing this team.. did you want toskala and steen with your rapage today?

and like you said, they will make the playoffs, meaning we wont even get a top10 pick out of it. massive overpayment

enough said

marmarsab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath5151 View Post
Kaberle's value is so over-rated by Leafs fan its not even funny anymore.

Antropov has had 1 good year. Hes not worth anything more than a 2nd. Brassard is a great prospect.

If you expect more, then lets see what fletcher can get. I guarantee that old man wont get anything near this good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
you're completely off. kaberle and boyle do not play the same game at all, they are just both offensive defensemen. kaberle is more defensive than boyle, and boyle is twice as good offensively, just bad defensively.

besides the sharks overpayed, they gave up a stud prospect and a 1st round pick that they needed. they could've just given up carle and a 3rd for boyle and it would've been fair, no wishart, no 1st, no lukowich.

antropov has 1 year left on his contract, if he had a career year last year then yeah he came cheap for the 56 points he scored in 72 games, but he could very well only get 30-40 points next year like he has the 3 seasons prior. maybe he'll leave the leafs and become worth a first round pick, but right now he's not worth much until he's more consistent.
Thats odd. Boyle has had fairly similar years to Kaberle, so he must be a really lazy player if hes twice as good offensively!

2nd, we're going to take your opinion that the Sharks overpayed in order to figure that Kaberle is worth less than we think? Nah, how about we go with what NHL GM's traded and not what you think is fair (because honestly, who the hell are you to tell an NHL GM what a players value is)

Lastly, on the matter of Antropov. I agree that some teams might not want to trade a 1st rounder for a pending UFA, who has only had 1 non injury ridden year. However, Fletcher has said he won't trade Antropov barring an overpayment. Thus, why I expect a 1st rounder in return.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
If this was offered, Coumbus would jump on it. Kaberle is a top 10 defencemen in the league. Phili offered Jeff Carter and a 1st ALONE for Kaberle. Who's delusional?
And the deal would have gone through had Kaberle waived his NTC. Not like you guys turned the deal down.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote