HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The EA Sports - NHL09 Thread. (Habs forum team, player ratings, etc...)

Old
09-15-2008, 08:25 AM
OldHABit

vCash: 500
I know I don't post here much, but this game is wicked, in my BAP mode (Pro), I'm a playmaker LWer, and I've got 34pts in 11 games, and I'm still on 1st line in Hamiliton.... leading the league in pts, and over 100 hits...

Oh BTW, I moved dandy & lapierre down to Hamilton, our D sucks on the Dogs... I constantly have to go out of my position just to get the puck out of our end...

OldHABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:28 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalicious View Post
Anyone else have Sabrina dadha as a goalie for the islanders???

wtf..1.44 gaa throughout the season, they islanders won the stanley cup and she was MVP, I think she's one the programmers. How did she end up there though. Usually you see them after a few seasons
I heard she was some Make a Wish Foundation girl whose wish was to be in an NHL video game.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:30 AM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHABit View Post
I know I don't post here much, but this game is wicked, in my BAP mode (Pro), I'm a playmaker LWer, and I've got 34pts in 11 games, and I'm still on 1st line in Hamiliton.... leading the league in pts, and over 100 hits...

Oh BTW, I moved dandy & lapierre down to Hamilton, our D sucks on the Dogs... I constantly have to go out of my position just to get the puck out of our end...
with all those points, maybe you should up the difficulty level

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:49 AM
TomPlex

The one thing I don't like about this game is that I can't choose the Kelowna Rockets and I can't make my player the captain...

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Habitants

ok i just played the first time tonight and it is awsome! we played on my friend<s ps3 and it is amazing! although i have questions about BAP, and multiplyer/online.

pardon my stupidity, this is the first time either of us own a next gen sustem or play online on one!

when playing on same system

1-wanted to confirm that we cannot play BAp together as i found by reading online....

2-when playing online he has his user name created, but can i have my own user name seperate from him?

3-and i hope that we can join an HF team for ps3!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:02 PM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835
I made this custom cover for myself. If anyone wishes to have it, enjoy.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Delat

I want to know, do we have an onlune PS3 team? and is the server down fora ll of you at the moment for the PS3, It tells me unable to connect for the moment.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Otto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalicious View Post
Anyone else have Sabrina dadha as a goalie for the islanders???

wtf..1.44 gaa throughout the season, they islanders won the stanley cup and she was MVP, I think she's one the programmers. How did she end up there though. Usually you see them after a few seasons
I chased her from the net tonight playing on All-Star level. I won 6-0 and scored 4 goals

Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 05:05 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

PLAYSTATION 3

We are holding open tryouts for the last few spots on our EASHL team.

Information can be found at the following link;
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=551857

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 05:47 AM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
PLAYSTATION 3

We are holding open tryouts for the last few spots on our EASHL team.

Information can be found at the following link;
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=551857
Would we be enough to create a Habs only team?

I sent an email to osgood for the tryouts and I may start a team for our board also, I'd just like some hints and tips to start a team what do I have to do?

Last edited by Delat: 09-17-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 12:21 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
Hey everybody. I was looking for a league to join to play nhl2009 online, and I couldn't find one. If your interested feel free to join.

League name: HF LEAGUE
Abbreviation: HFL
Password: HFL
It would be cool to be 30 teams and that the 30 NHL teams would be taken. I chose the Habs, but there are plenty of good teams and trading is possible.

I would like the season to start soon!

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 12:23 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
Would we be enough to create a Habs only team?

I sent an email to osgood for the tryouts and I may start a team for our board also, I'd just like some hints and tips to start a team what do I have to do?
There would probably be a few interested.. but I think the XBOX Habs team has played a minimal amount of games, so a PS3 team wouldn't do much better.

Team HF Has already played around 334 games in about a week.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
when you play against someone else online, what is the number they show before the faceoff?

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Universe
Eh?

Anyone able to get the roster updates yet?

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Fredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal View Post
Anyone able to get the roster updates yet?
Yeah. Go into Online Quick Ranked Match, when it asks to download the rosters, say yes, and then they ask if you want to save them, click yes. When your done, just go back to where you would normally save your rosters, and save them again, to have your online rosters saved over your exhibition rosters. Done.

Fredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Universe
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
Yeah. Go into Online Quick Ranked Match, when it asks to download the rosters, say yes, and then they ask if you want to save them, click yes. When your done, just go back to where you would normally save your rosters, and save them again, to have your online rosters saved over your exhibition rosters. Done.
Thanks a lot!

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 08:30 AM
zzoo

May I have a technical question: how do you do a slap-shot ? I know that we should pull down and push up the right analog stick, but for me it seems it doesn't work all the times. I can do it about 1/3 of times. Most of the times, the players act like the pull the puck back then release a hard wrist-shot.

Do you have any trick to do a good slap-shot ?

If I play classic control, it seems the longer we press the button, the harder the shot is. How could we apply this into the Default control ?

Thank you.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 08:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
May I have a technical question: how do you do a slap-shot ? I know that we should pull down and push up the right analog stick, but for me it seems it doesn't work all the times. I can do it about 1/3 of times. Most of the times, the players act like the pull the puck back then release a hard wrist-shot.

Do you have any trick to do a good slap-shot ?
Just make sure you pull it straight back to wind up. If you pull it even a bit to the side, your player will likely curl the puck as if to wind up for a wrist/snap shot (like you said). Just keep practising it (although I still find myself doing it by accident sometimes).

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 11:17 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Just make sure you pull it straight back to wind up. If you pull it even a bit to the side, your player will likely curl the puck as if to wind up for a wrist/snap shot (like you said). Just keep practising it (although I still find myself doing it by accident sometimes).
More detailed question: when you pull the right stick back, do you hold there for a bit then push forward ? Or you do it as fast as possible, i.e. back then up right away ?

Does anyone feel that's hard to do one-timer with the Classic control ? It seems one-timer is better with Default control, don't you think so ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
habsfan56

anyone have tips on being goalie

habsfan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:24 AM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan56 View Post
anyone have tips on being goalie

If i had to give you only one tip about being a goalie, it would be to use mainly your left joystick to follow the action. Just position yourself well and it will help you a lot. Be carefull with the right joystick since most of the time it will only get you out of position. Right joystick is good only on one timers and when you gotta freeze the puck.

Also when playing against humans you can cheat a little bit on the forehand side because its pretty hard to do a quick backhand in nhl 09. Personally I almost never poke check or use the diving trigger.

I would like to know some other goalies tip because I am sure there is more then one good technics to play goalie, just gotta find one you're comfortable at.

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Any punjabi's playing NHL09 for XBox360 and looking to join a team? PM me please.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Habs

Just picked it up for the xbox, lots of fun. Traded Laraque and Latendresse for Phaneuf ...

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

NHL09 is a spectacular game, but I just hate the player faces. The game is so detailed, but when you zoom in, the faces just look terrible. How many of the Habs actually have their faces in the game? Koivu, Tanguay, Kovalev, and that is it. Lang and Latendresse look somewhat real from the back, because of their hair. Tomas Plekanec looks like a bald white guy.

Some of the teams are well done. I played Anaheim the other night, and Pronger, Perry and Selanne were the 3 stars, and they all looked like the actual players.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Still looking for a solid defenseman for our team. Where in Division 8.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote