HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

**Official Traverse City Prospect Tournament Thread**

Old
09-18-2008, 04:33 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
from watching the game. ive got a live blog on my site (rangersreview.com) where i mention what he says.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Ovens

Watching the tournament on the stat sheet I was pretty unimpressed with Pyatt's figures, however whilst watching the game last night I noted that he was contributing an awful lot more than his numbers would suggest.

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
winning the tournament to 0-3 record. do they still get to play in the elimination rounds after the round robin?
1-2

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Ih8theislanders

Saw it last night on the NHLN. Del Zotto was skating by everybody. Sanguinetti was invisible out there. Anisimov had a great game, but lost his edges once giving the other team a 1 on 0. Barnes has a nice wrist shot. The camera view sucked. They didn't have the score right until half way through the first. But I was just glad I was able to watch it

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 07:22 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Watched the game last night and focused on watching how a few players were playing.

Anisemov, Messier, DelZotto, Sanguinetti, Pyatt.

Ani - Played well with speed, was ok defensively and had a shoot first mentality that I am not used to seeing from a Russian player. Seemed like he was all over the ice. From what I saw, he could knock Betts off the 4th line and take it. Ready to take Betts spot.

Messier - Was not too impressive, played with an Edge. threw some cheap shots just like his dad. Could use a lot of work on his passing, and skating although he was throwing his body around. Could use 2-3 years in Hartford to refine his skills.

DelZotto - He impressed me the most, smooth silky skaing, Good shot and passing instincts, played very good with Bobby. The most noticable thing about him was coming from behind the net with speed, he kept pushing back the forecheckers and getting it deep into the zone. He has some bad passes, not in how he passed but making the cross ice pass in his own zone with the other team there to potentailly pick them off. I think he needs just one season to be ready to go.

Sang - He has such a good overall game, but nothing jumped out and screamed at me like DelZotto, Although he was more solid on D and played a better overall game, skating wasn't as smooth as DelZotto but his passes were perfect and soft. He needs one more season in Hartford.

Pyatt - Played with spunk and speed, worked well along the corners, and had some really good scoring opportunity. I would like to see him on the big team in 2 years.
Good game to watch overall.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 07:28 AM
squishy

They finished the tournament 1-3, last game was last night, 4-2 loss to St. Louis.

Only one game was televised, and I don't know that it's available online anywhere.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 07:31 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Ani - Played well with speed, was ok defensively and had a shoot first mentality that I am not used to seeing from a Russian player.
Heh heh. He didn't always have that. They beat it into him in Hartford last year.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
They finished the tournament 1-3, last game was last night, 4-2 loss to St. Louis.

Only one game was televised, and I don't know that it's available online anywhere.
rrrrrrough but all their top prosects are either playing for them now or close............it will nice to see what Hartford looks like

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Unk

Well thanks for the reading material. Unfortunately I don't get to watch these kids play so it's all I have to go by. Anyway, it's nice to hear that Del Zotto can indeed skate. I remember after we drafted him people were saying his skating sucks for an offensive defenseman.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Del Zotto played pretty well, Pyatt impressed me too. It was kind of surprising that Clarke doesn't think Anisimov is a top 6 player.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

The game is on NHL Network again in like 45 minutes.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:23 PM
AK2794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Del Zotto played pretty well, Pyatt impressed me too. It was kind of surprising that Clarke doesn't think Anisimov is a top 6 player.
Can you please elaborate on what exactly he said?

AK2794 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 02:39 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Well thanks for the reading material. Unfortunately I don't get to watch these kids play so it's all I have to go by. Anyway, it's nice to hear that Del Zotto can indeed skate. I remember after we drafted him people were saying his skating sucks for an offensive defenseman.
Apparantly they didn't do their homework.

IF they meant he skates as fast with the puck as without it, they would be right, but he skated FAST!!! silky smooth too.

Bobby S, looked like a drunk pink flamingo when he skated compared to DelZotto.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2794 View Post
Can you please elaborate on what exactly he said?
He said that he doesn't think his skill set is that of a top 2 center. Says he plays more like a North American, a guy who backchecks hard and is solid in his own zone. I don't recall exactly what he said but I remember those things.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
He said that he doesn't think his skill set is that of a top 2 center. Says he plays more like a North American, a guy who backchecks hard and is solid in his own zone. I don't recall exactly what he said but I remember those things.
That's silly though. The kid exhibited good offensive ability in the AHL last season, his first in North America. He's still young and has plenty of development left in him. Is he going to become a guy who pots 100+ points in a season? Highly doubtful. But from the many times I've seen him, he seems to have the latent ability to produce as a second line center.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Ola

On Anisimov, I would say that as it is right now, if he follows the path he is on -- he will not become a top 2 line player.

He needs to add a element to his offensive game; which is not unusual that players do later in their career. For example, that Anisimov really develops his shots so that he can be used on the point, kind of like Malkin. Or that he is able to add like 20lbs and becomes a real PF threat down low. Or that he improves more then expected all over and just becomes a dominant player.

In the end I agrees with Clarke, but only that thats the most likely scenario for Anisimov. But I defenitly don't think its out of the question that Anisimov adds that "other" element to his game -- take Dubinsky for example, he is a good threat of the rush these days. 2-3 years ago he basically struggled to get the length of the ice in time. He got most of his offense from twisting and turning down low.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Marco Corleone

what players from the "rookie camp" are staying on with the main camp?

Marco Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote