HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Lindros what happened?

Old
09-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Passchendaele

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The Lindros that KILLED the Rangers in the 97 playoffs was an all out beast...Really from 95-97 he was the best player in hockey..He had it all..
Not even close. The best player from 1995-97 was #66.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 12:09 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
Didn't Lindros get the primary assist on Jagr's first Ranger goal?
he sure did!

when you think about it, in a few short years the rangers had some of the best players ever to grace the ice.. mess, leetch, gretz, fluery, lindros, bure, jagr... kinda shocking how we haven't won jack since 94' when you look back at all the "names" we had.

would have loved to have seen a top six like this

jagr - gretz - bure
fleury - lindros - mess

scary.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:20 AM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
Scott Stevens happened.

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 04:08 AM
GarretJoseph*

Good for him. Makes me proud to know he was a Ranger at one point.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2496...=headlines_nhl

Quote:
LONDON,Ont. - Former NHL star Eric Lindros was known for his presence on the ice - and now in retirement he'll be known for his generosity off it.

Lindros was on hand in London, Ont., on Tuesday for the unveiling of the Lindros Legacy Research building, made possible by his $5-million donation to the London Health Sciences Centre.

The gift is believed to be the largest one-time charitable donation by a Canadian sports figure.

Old
09-18-2008, 09:41 AM
PoddubnyRules

For what it's worth, I've always felt that had the Quebec/NYR trade gone through, giving Lindros a couple of years tutelage under Messier, his career path would have been completely different. Even before the injuries, he never enjoyed Philly much, due to the huge amounts of pressure the administration and the fans put on him. Plus, it took several years for the Flyers to build enough of a competitive team around him to contend.

In NY, he'd have had a core of Messier, Graves, Leetch, Gartner, Richter, etc. to learn from and play with, and the pressure on him to be "the man" right away would have been eased.

Of course, he STILL might have gotten injured. Also, if you trade Weight, Amonte, Kovalev, Beezer and 3 firsts to Quebec, maybe they don't win in '94, since Weight became Tikkanen and Amonte became Matteau and Noonan - all key '94 pieces.

But a 1st line centered by Messier and a 2nd line centered by Lindros would have been killer, no?

PoddubnyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:21 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoddubnyRules View Post
For what it's worth, I've always felt that had the Quebec/NYR trade gone through, giving Lindros a couple of years tutelage under Messier, his career path would have been completely different. Even before the injuries, he never enjoyed Philly much, due to the huge amounts of pressure the administration and the fans put on him. Plus, it took several years for the Flyers to build enough of a competitive team around him to contend.

In NY, he'd have had a core of Messier, Graves, Leetch, Gartner, Richter, etc. to learn from and play with, and the pressure on him to be "the man" right away would have been eased.

Of course, he STILL might have gotten injured. Also, if you trade Weight, Amonte, Kovalev, Beezer and 3 firsts to Quebec, maybe they don't win in '94, since Weight became Tikkanen and Amonte became Matteau and Noonan - all key '94 pieces.

But a 1st line centered by Messier and a 2nd line centered by Lindros would have been killer, no?

I'm sure we would have gotten Tikks someone and either one of Matteau or Noonan at the time. I still think we over paid for them but it was well worth it.

Lindros - Messier would have been special. But I'll take 94' over that every single time. That was magical. I'm sure Philly would take a cup over the Lindros era too.