HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

good read about Latendresse !

Old
09-17-2008, 08:07 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
good read about Latendresse !

very good read about Latendresse . It shows how Latendresse is one of the top Habs for Goals per minutes of ice . The writer talks also about the high expectation of the fans , the Habs management decision to kept him , etc ...

http://wwwrealitycheckeyesontheprize...tendresse.html

I didn't put the link in the existing thread about Latendresse , because it's a long and good article and i didn't want the fans to miss it in a long thread .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Iwishihadacup

nice read and it should at least shut the mouth of some Latendresse haters

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Thanks for the link, I just saw him on rds.ca holy cow did he drop some weight! I can't wait to see how he does this year, am still a big fan of his potential plus I get the feeling that having Tanguay on the team now will take some of the local pressure off him from the press and fans as I fully expect big things from Tanguay so I got to think he's going to get a lot of attention on the French side of things, which hopefully gets Gui out of some of the spotlight and lets him focus more on just doing his job.

edit: I think I've read that article before, but it has today's date.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Sparepart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Unfortunately it won't, this forum is full of clowns who despise Latendresse (mainly because they feel he's received preferential treatment because he's a francophone... except they'll never admit that, instead they'll say they don't like him because he's "fat" and "slow").

Latendresse gets treated like garbage by too many people. The guy is just 21, leave him alone! He's scored 16 goals in back to back years, what else do people want?

I'm not his biggest fan or anything, I just think he needs more people sticking up for him.

Sparepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Unfortunately it won't, this forum is full of clowns who despise Latendresse (mainly because they feel he's received preferential treatment because he's a francophone... except they'll never admit that, instead they'll say they don't like him because he's "fat" and "slow").

Latendresse gets treated like garbage by too many people. The guy is just 21, leave him alone! He's scored 16 goals in back to back years, what else do people want?

I'm not his biggest fan or anything, I just think he needs more people sticking up for him.
the problem with this forum is that the idiots post more than the sensed one, the point was proved with the "do you like Latendresse" poll

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Thanks for the link, I just saw him on rds.ca holy cow did he drop some weight! I can't wait to see how he does this year, am still a big fan of his potential plus I get the feeling that having Tanguay on the team now will take some of the local pressure off him from the press and fans as I fully expect big things from Tanguay so I got to think he's going to get a lot of attention on the French side of things, which hopefully gets Gui out of some of the spotlight and lets him focus more on just doing his job.
That is a good point. Tanguay will be a help for lats both on the ice and off it. I'm still in the belief that lats will play with tanguay and koivu to start the season. Hopefully lats commitment to conditioning and improving his skating will pay off this season as he should have good linemates and every chance to improve and earn a good new contract after the season as he is in the last year of his entry level deal.

Good article, I hope it helps some not hate him so, but only results on the ice will do that.

Last edited by Toro: 09-17-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post

I agree but then again I'm one of those strange fans that doesn't believe in bashing my teams players. I wasn't happy with the year Lats had as I expect big things from him if his can continue to improve his skating/mobility/foot speed, but for his age he's got a lot of experience at such a young age, that hopefully it pays off for him down the road, which will thus pay off for the Habs since we need more skilled big body forwards.

Shouldn't be long before he's breaking the 20 goal mark, would be nice to see him do it this year as he should have more skilled linemates. I'd love to see him develop a mean streak though, I've seen him in the Q where he could just flat out dominate a game because of his natural strength and when he wanted to he could be an unstoppable force. But with the mobility/skating problems it makes it harder for him to be able to play that style effectively, but hopefully if he gets quicker and improves his mobility/skating he will improve on his physical game cause I think it could be a good asset for him and the Habs to have.

Old
09-17-2008, 08:52 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

edit: I think I've read that article before, but it has today's date.
I am happy that you enjoyed the read . I agree with you about Latendresse having less pressure this season , because of Tanguay .

I like this kid . In an interview , he said that he worked hard this summer to work on his skating and to loose his fat . But what i liked the most was that he said that he will continue to do that kind of training during the next summers , because he thinks that it could take him 4-5 years to reach his full potential

By the way , Timmins said that Latendresse worked really hard this summer and seems to be pleased by his progression .

Old
09-17-2008, 08:53 PM
couz

that article is bang on.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:58 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
dream on !

it should but it won't .

Old
09-17-2008, 09:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
I am happy that you enjoyed the read . I agree with you about Latendresse having less pressure this season , because of Tanguay .

I like this kid . In an interview , he said that he worked hard this summer to work on his skating and to loose his fat . But what i liked the most was that he said that he will continue to do that kind of training during the next summers , because he thinks that it could take him 4-5 years to reach his full potential

By the way , Timmins said that Latendresse worked really hard this summer and seems to be pleased by his progression .
Yea 4-5 years sounds about right, of course it's hard to say how a player will progress but if he continues to work hard and improve his skating etc... then it's going to be good for him and the team down the road.

To a lesser degree perhaps even having BGL around will take some pressure off Lats and even Lappierre since they likely get a lot of attention by the French media but with Tanguay putting points on the board and BGL looking to be a fan favorite instantly, reporters will likely spend a good chunk of time talking to those two.

Old
09-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Belso

I'm glad he wrote that Blog. I like the Kid. He deserves more credit. He has very respectable numbers all over the map as stated by Robert. I'm glad to see someone stick up for him!!

He didn't add me to his facebook friends, but I still wish him the best for the upcoming season!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 11:21 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

oh no...post #15 is coming up...

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post
oh no...post #15 is coming up...
Yeah i know! I am putting this chair for the #15 poster to sit down and do an amazingly funny statement about Lats.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 02:29 AM
revin5*

Latendresse for Hart

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 02:37 AM
OnePoll*

6"2 220lbs

Ain't fat anymore.

OnePoll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Lone Rogue

I had to be one of the few people to defend Latendresse all year, so of course I'm happy to see some people change their minds.

For the very little amount of ice time he had, and the fact he shown great skill with top line players, I think Lats was very good last season, and I can't wait to see what he'll do centered by Lang or Koivu this time. He seems to improve every season, and this year, hes gonna be explosive.

I'd love to see Lats have a phenomenal year, just to see how the MaxiPad fans react to it. They are the ones pushing for Lats to get sent down to the minors the most, knowing that a bad Lats year could mean a Pacioretty call up. I like MaxiPad too but I want him on the team when he is ready.

I love this year

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Capitano

I don't care how many goals he scores, but I want to see him run into people like Lucic does.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I don't care how many goals he scores, but I want to see him run into people like Lucic does.
you sir, are one weird hockey fan

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I had to be one of the few people to defend Latendresse all year, so of course I'm happy to see some people change their minds.

For the very little amount of ice time he had, and the fact he shown great skill with top line players, I think Lats was very good last season, and I can't wait to see what he'll do centered by Lang or Koivu this time. He seems to improve every season, and this year, hes gonna be explosive.

I'd love to see Lats have a phenomenal year, just to see how the MaxiPad fans react to it. They are the ones pushing for Lats to get sent down to the minors the most, knowing that a bad Lats year could mean a Pacioretty call up. I like MaxiPad too but I want him on the team when he is ready.

I love this year

Kinda reminds me of the Lats fan who wanted to see him instead of Kostitsyn on the first two lines at the start of last season. You weren't part of those, weren't you?

I like Lats, but I was and still am mostly tired of the people who put him on a pedestal. He is where he is in his development, but some make it sound as though he is way more ahead than that before he even has proven that (defensively, positioning, skating). He still has a lot to learn about defensive responsibilities and play, has to learn to better position himself. Yet some people think it's all about the goals scored. Now, it seems nobody learned from the Ryder experience, especially those pushing for Lats having more icetime than Higgins and some other players who are ahead of Lats on the depth chart.

I like all our players, from A to Dandy. I especially like our coach, have always been a fan of him, and I think he's the one, along with BG, who knows best when Lats will be ready to play big minutes. I'll cheer for Lats then as I'll cheer for him now. Yet, if he's still on the 3rd line, you'll still hear a bunch of whinning fanboys complaining that Lats should get more than that. That's what is as tiresome as the haters. And please, no fool should pretend that there are more haters than blindfolded fanboys, that's just hypocritical.

On another note, I watched the movie "Fellon" last night. Damn, Stephen Dorff and Gui are very lookalike.. it's uncanny.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:53 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin5 View Post
Latendresse for Hart

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 11:44 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
the problem with this forum is that the idiots post more than the sensed one, the point was proved with the "do you like Latendresse" poll
What can you do? To many kids that think NHL is EA Sports. Everyone wants instant gratification (IE 25G+).

To them, I say (warning! has some 'foul' language ):

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
you sir, are one weird hockey fan
He's only 21 - my expectations are low. Imo, the goals will come eventually but he has to use his big frame more to create some space for his teammates.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Corey

Sorry, I don't buy into this analysis. It's the work of a casual outsider. Carbonneau's job is to win, not to cultivate his budding blossoms. If Latendresse is as good as the writer claims, Carbonneau would have used him in more demanding situations, such as when the Habs were spinning their wheels against the Flyers in the playoffs. Carbonneau was no doubt aware of all these nerdy pop statistics about so much of this per minute and so much of that per minute. He went with what his eyes were telling him, not selective data fed into his laptop computer. He saw what Latendresse was accomplishing (or not accomplishing) in practices as well as in games, and none of that appears in the NHL stats.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:08 PM
WeezyHabFan

"He's in the NHL simply because he's french!"

that writer is spot on! haha just playin everyone that was a good read hopefully he turns it up this year and stays on the second line permanently

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote