HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

AL's mock draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2004, 02:09 PM
  #1
Alouette_19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
AL's mock draft

1. Washington : Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh: Malkin
3. Chicago: Barker
4. Columbus: Tukonen
5. Phoenix: Schwarz
6. Rangers: Stafford
7. Florida: Ladd
8. Carolina: Olesz
9. Anaheim: Thelen
10. Atlanta: Schremp
11. LA: Montoya
12. Minnesota: Radulov
13. Buffalo: Valabik
14. Edmonton: Picard
15. Nashville: Chipchura
16. Islanders: Meszaros
17. St. Louis: Lisin
18. Canadiens: Korpikoski
19. Calgary: Zajac
20. Dallas: Smid
21. Colorado: Nokelainen
22. NJ: Wolski
23. Ottawa: Bolland
24. Rangers: Dubynk
25. Edmonton: Green
26. Vancouver: Graham
27. Washington: Schultz
28. San Jose: Sindel
29. Washington: Frannson
30. Tampa Bay: Alexandrov

O.K: It's time to destroy the mock GO

Alouette_19 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 02:18 PM
  #2
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouette_19
1. Washington : Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh: Malkin
3. Chicago: Barker
4. Columbus: Tukonen
5. Phoenix: Schwarz
6. Rangers: Stafford
7. Florida: Ladd
8. Carolina: Olesz
9. Anaheim: Thelen
10. Atlanta: Schremp
11. LA: Montoya
12. Minnesota: Radulov
13. Buffalo: Valabik
14. Edmonton: Picard
15. Nashville: Chipchura
16. Islanders: Meszaros
17. St. Louis: Lisin
18. Canadiens: Korpikoski
19. Calgary: Zajac
20. Dallas: Smid
21. Colorado: Nokelainen
22. NJ: Wolski
23. Ottawa: Bolland
24. Rangers: Dubynk
25. Edmonton: Green
26. Vancouver: Graham
27. Washington: Schultz
28. San Jose: Sindel
29. Washington: Frannson
30. Tampa Bay: Alexandrov

O.K: It's time to destroy the mock GO
Don't see the Rangers taking Dubnyk with Green (who they like a lot) available.

jas is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 04:34 PM
  #3
modestfwd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Don't see the Rangers taking Stafford wiht Ladd and Olesz available

modestfwd is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 05:34 PM
  #4
Jon Burke
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by modestfwd
Don't see the Rangers taking Stafford wiht Ladd and Olesz available
Agreed, also think Valabik is a little high and Wolski is rather low. Otherwise, not too bad.

 
Old
06-23-2004, 08:22 PM
  #5
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by modestfwd
Don't see the Rangers taking Stafford wiht Ladd and Olesz available
Actually, there's A LOT of smoke out there that the Rangers WILL take Stafford at #6. He scored the highest of any potential draftee on the psychological test. It would not be so shocking, unless Sather is putting up a HUGE smokescreen.

jas is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:29 PM
  #6
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Actually, there's A LOT of smoke out there that the Rangers WILL take Stafford at #6. He scored the highest of any potential draftee on the psychological test. It would not be so shocking, unless Sather is putting up a HUGE smokescreen.
Hope he is putting up a smokescreen... If Olesz or Ladd is on board when we pick, and we pick Stafford, I will hunt the little ****er (Sather) down, and shoot him.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:52 PM
  #7
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
Hope he is putting up a smokescreen... If Olesz or Ladd is on board when we pick, and we pick Stafford, I will hunt the little ****er (Sather) down, and shoot him.
Because you've seen all three players play, right?

jas is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:11 PM
  #8
dunwoody_joe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Actually, there's A LOT of smoke out there that the Rangers WILL take Stafford at #6. He scored the highest of any potential draftee on the psychological test. It would not be so shocking, unless Sather is putting up a HUGE smokescreen.
How do you know this?

dunwoody_joe is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:19 PM
  #9
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
How do you know this?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=85934

jas is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:44 PM
  #10
dunwoody_joe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I was hoping for a more legitimate source.

dunwoody_joe is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:48 PM
  #11
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
I was hoping for a more legitimate source.
We have a couple of what we like to call "insiders" at our board. Obviously every piece of info can be taken with a grain of salt. But, for the most part we get our share of juicy morsels. The trade deadline was especially fun.

jas is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:52 PM
  #12
dunwoody_joe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
We have a couple of what we like to call "insiders" at our board. Obviously every piece of info can be taken with a grain of salt. But, for the most part we get our share of juicy morsels. The trade deadline was especially fun.
Good enough.

Insiders have an opinion about who the Rangers take at #6?

dunwoody_joe is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:54 PM
  #13
tripledekehockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: pittsburgh pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,256
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to tripledekehockey Send a message via AIM to tripledekehockey
very good mock draft

i agree with the caps taking two dmen late in the first round and then snagging a forward early in the second since it seems like a couple decent ones will still fall past the first round

tripledekehockey is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:58 PM
  #14
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
Good enough.

Insiders have an opinion about who the Rangers take at #6?
Actually, we get both opinion and speculation. Read the whole thread. There's plenty to chew on - the Oil's interest in Schremp, three Western Canadian teams asking about Lundmark, the Cap asking for Lundmark, Tyutin, and the two #1 picks for Ovechkin...plus, there's speculation and opinion about Stafford, and possible movement of Lundmark and Poti. In fact, all three insiders get in on the act - PARK#2, SOTI, and EDGE have all provided tidbits of info. Of course, none of it matters at the end of the day, as a majority of the stuff that gets discussed by most GMs doesn't amount to anything.

jas is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:59 PM
  #15
Broadway Brett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Florida, but born in
Country: United States
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Because you've seen all three players play, right?
As a matter of fact, yes.

Broadway Brett is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 10:00 PM
  #16
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
As a matter of fact, yes.
So, in your estimation, Stafford is a wasted pick then? Because, I have other sources that would very much disagree with you.

jas is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 10:47 PM
  #17
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
So, in your estimation, Stafford is a wasted pick then? Because, I have other sources that would very much disagree with you.
I have a serious problem with that pick if Olesz and Ladd are still available. They want Stafford that bad, great trade up from 24 or something else to nab him, but not at 6 when he could be around by 10 and that pick keeps being mentioned as available from ATL. This is why I hate this pick.............yeah I never seen him play, but I can read:
From THN draft preview the last two paragraphes on him: "He works and works and works and I think there's an offensive upside waiting to be found," said a scout. "He's raw, but he can be polished."

Yeah that doesn't sound too bad, but for a top 6 pick, but I want more offensive talent like a Ladd or Olesz COULD bring.
But this is what takes the cake for me if this happens and it makes me sick.
Again from THN draft preview last paragraph on Stafford: "Stafford is the nephew of Edmonton Oilers equipment manager Barrie Stafford."
To me Sather passes on the much more talented player for an old oil pal's son who could be good...................god I hope Maloney is calling the shots at the draft!

Radek27 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 11:09 PM
  #18
FSH2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Took this from another board

Came across this interesting prediction in the Edmonton Sun:

While Lowe and Prendergast insist they'll get a prospect they want with the 14th pick, landing one of the kids they covet - Andrew Ladd, Drew Stafford, Robbie Schremp and Alexandre Picard - might demand a trade.

Stafford, a big right-winger from North Dakota, won't make it past the sixth pick. The New York Rangers will take him. If the Oilers are as hot for Stafford as I believe they are, Lowe will have to strike a deal with Chicago, Columbus or Phoenix. That, or take a stroll to the Rangers table for a chat with Glen Sather.

FSH2003 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 11:13 PM
  #19
Jon Burke
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSH2003
Came across this interesting prediction in the Edmonton Sun:

While Lowe and Prendergast insist they'll get a prospect they want with the 14th pick, landing one of the kids they covet - Andrew Ladd, Drew Stafford, Robbie Schremp and Alexandre Picard - might demand a trade.

Stafford, a big right-winger from North Dakota, won't make it past the sixth pick. The New York Rangers will take him. If the Oilers are as hot for Stafford as I believe they are, Lowe will have to strike a deal with Chicago, Columbus or Phoenix. That, or take a stroll to the Rangers table for a chat with Glen Sather.
That's ******** to take Stafford 6th overall, never mind earlier. There are guys with much more potential available, so I can't understand why you'd take him over them.

 
Old
06-24-2004, 08:41 AM
  #20
Alouette_19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danrik
That's ******** to take Stafford 6th overall, never mind earlier. There are guys with much more potential available, so I can't understand why you'd take him over them.
I agree with you Danrik....but the GM is Sather???

Personnally, my head tell me Ladd for the Rangers but the head of Sather will maybe say something else like Maybe??? Stafford.
Sather is maybe scared to take another player from the Hitmen???

This draft is full of ??? except for AO and EM

Alouette_19 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.