HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bluelines: Dan Blackburn on the road to recovery?

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2004, 08:04 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Bluelines: Dan Blackburn on the road to recovery?

http://msgnetwork.com/content_news.j...her&league=nhl

Old
06-24-2004, 08:31 AM
JJ68NYR

Great news for us Rangers fans. I'd love to see Blackburn back even if its into the season. Lundqvist i think will come over here and do a fine job. I still think we need a mentor for Lundqvist and Blackburn and that man should no way shape or for be Dunham.

Old
06-24-2004, 08:34 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
Great news for us Rangers fans. I'd love to see Blackburn back even if its into the season. Lundqvist i think will come over here and do a fine job. I still think we need a mentor for Lundqvist and Blackburn and that man should no way shape or for be Dunham.
lundqvist isn't coming over this summer...he's staying in sweden for 1 more year

Old
06-24-2004, 08:37 AM
JJ68NYR

He isnt? I saw the interview saying he wants to come over?

Old
06-24-2004, 08:56 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
He isnt? I saw the interview saying he wants to come over?
yeah but he re-signed with frolunda for 1 more year...i think it was basically decided that since nhlers will be playing in europe during the lockout, lundqvist would be better off spending 1 more year there facing forsberg, naslund, sundin, etc...

not to mention the fact that with the improvement of blackburn's shoulder since surgery this allows blackburn to be the #1 in hartford and lundqvist the #1 in sweden, instead of splitting time...

Old
06-24-2004, 09:08 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
yeah but he re-signed with frolunda for 1 more year...i think it was basically decided that since nhlers will be playing in europe during the lockout, lundqvist would be better off spending 1 more year there facing forsberg, naslund, sundin, etc...

not to mention the fact that with the improvement of blackburn's shoulder since surgery this allows blackburn to be the #1 in hartford and lundqvist the #1 in sweden, instead of splitting time...
Lundqvist didn't re-sign with Frolunda, his current contract was still in effect and doesn't expire until 2005. That is why there was talk about paying the transfer fees. If a European player does not have a contract with a European team then there is no transfer fees. In his case he was still under contract, with the standard NHL out clause, that would have required the Rangers to pay a transfer fee.

With the possibility of a lock out, the continued improvement of Blackburn's injury and the exodus of European players back to Europe, he has more of a chance to continue his development in Sweden.

Scenario in case of a lock out is that Blackburn gets the majority of playing time in Hartford, Lundqvist gets the majority of playing time for Frolunda. If hockey returns in 2005, then Blackburn, if he has totally recovered, plays for the Rangers and Lundvist plays the majority of the games for Hartford, to acclimate himself with the North American style of play and rink size.

For once I believe the Rangers are doing right by a prospect. Everyone plays and develops.

Closed Thread