HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buying Tickets Thread III

Old
09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
NHLcrazy

vCash: 500
game over guys...when the best you can find is a single ticket against the Islanders you know it's time to give up! lol

And i am not spending 80$ fot pre-season tickets.

Oh well i have a big screen and HD! good luck for those still looking...

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Fredd

If we bought tickets yesterday, are we allowed to buy some again today? It doesn't affect the 4 ticket limit, one transaction, since were not the same day, right?

Fredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
#2eddieshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
If we bought tickets yesterday, are we allowed to buy some again today? It doesn't affect the 4 ticket limit, one transaction, since were not the same day, right?
i highly doubt it.

i just picked up 4 single Red C tickets for the Buffalo game in November.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Pascal

still at 45 mins+ after 2:30 hrs of waiting.. beh.

sale is closed now..

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-20-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:34 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I got a message that says "all 41 games are sold out, but you can still buy preseason" a moment ago.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
habs1988

Wow...no more tickets available for season! Not even single ticket. I can't believe it. There is always a single ticket available for a game.

Only preseason tickets on sale now.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
source

Anyone get through on the phone... like does the music just keep playing forever or do you eventually get to speak to a person?

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
NBHABSFAN

For those that bought online do they mail out the tickets to you or do you have to print them at home?

And if you print at home has anyone recieved the tickets via email?

NBHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 03:26 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN View Post
For those that bought online do they mail out the tickets to you or do you have to print them at home?

And if you print at home has anyone recieved the tickets via email?
I haven't received any tickets via e-mail, nor has any charge showed up on my credit card account. It's all very puzzling - yesterday the Sens pre-season game was practically sold out, and now there's tons of tickets still available.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
I haven't received any tickets via e-mail, nor has any charge showed up on my credit card account. It's all very puzzling - yesterday the Sens pre-season game was practically sold out, and now there's tons of tickets still available.
same here I am worried....i asked the tickets to be mailed but i see no charge on my credit card...a guy on the forum said he saw the charge...so im super worried now :-( :-(

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:22 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
same here I am worried....i asked the tickets to be mailed but i see no charge on my credit card...a guy on the forum said he saw the charge...so im super worried now :-( :-(
Well, on AccesD, if I look at the bottom of the page, at "authorized unfactured transactions" or (Transactions autorisées non facturées) if you prefer, I see the transaction.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Kruky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Well, on AccesD, if I look at the bottom of the page, at "authorized unfactured transactions" or (Transactions autorisées non facturées) if you prefer, I see the transaction.

regarding you sig.

I'm a personal friend of Trent, when did he say this? I doubt he would say that now. Especially considering Kosty got more points last year that any season Vermette had.

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
When I went to check out the shipping options were only electronic ticket or will call I did not see an option to just have them mailed. I selected electronic ticket but I have not recieved the tickets or a confirmation email.

I checked the habs site but didn't find much more info on their electronic tickets, so if anyone has any info please pass it along.

As for seeing the transaction on your credit card it can take up to 3 days, or like some others have stated can show up as "pending transactions"

NBHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 05:54 PM
JrHockeyFan

Up until 2004 I bought my tickets at the box office. Weekend of baseball and buy tickets . . . check

Then after that I used the phone to buy tickets. Always worked fine. Got to actually get split seats that were okay

Now if you call, all you get is a busy signal or the big tease of a phone ringing followed by the Bell error message

The new internet method dropped my sons transaction right at the very end, with the advice to "try again later" with no recourse to try again. Just log into the 45 min from hell message.

Admission may have taken fees that bugged folks. But there was enough folks to answer the calls and a system to handle back log. The phone was useless in this sale.

The internet system was not good. The time messages were meaningless.

I got my 4 tickets scattered all over the rink after 7 and one half hours invested. Many got nada. I think a lot of folks are going to be very disappointed with this whole mish-mash.

Quote:
When I went to check out the shipping options were only electronic ticket or will call I did not see an option to just have them mailed. I selected electronic ticket but I have not recieved the tickets or a confirmation email.

I checked the habs site but didn't find much more info on their electronic tickets, so if anyone has any info please pass it along.

As for seeing the transaction on your credit card it can take up to 3 days, or like some others have stated can show up as "pending transactions"
They offered a $7 postal option

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-20-2008 at 01:56 AM.
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:

Try calling the Bell Centre, and see if the order went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Up until 2004 I bought my tickets at the box office. Weekend of baseball and buy tickets . . . check

Then after that I used the phone to buy tickets. Always worked fine. Got to actually get split seats that were okay

Now if you call, all you get is a busy signal or the big tease of a phone ringing followed by the Bell error message

The new internet method dropped my sons transaction right at the very end, with the advice to "try again later" with no recourse to try again. Just log into the 45 min from hell message.

Admission may have taken fees that bugged folks. But there was enough folks to answer the calls and a system to handle back log. The phone was useless in this sale.

The internet system was not good. The time messages were meaningless.

I got my 4 tickets scattered all over the rink after 7 and one half hours invested. Many got nada. I think a lot of folks are going to be very disappointed with this whole mish-mash.
Even with admissions, the number you'd call was the Bell Centre one. It's just that tickets are way more in demand now, so more people are trying to call.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:06 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
regarding you sig.

I'm a personal friend of Trent, when did he say this? I doubt he would say that now. Especially considering Kosty got more points last year that any season Vermette had.
Just look at the thread of the better offense in the NHL, in NHL polls.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 06:07 PM
TomPlex

I seem to recall admission having the same issues with dropped transactions. I really don't find much of a difference between that system and this one, except for the fact that this one seemed to be more stable in the sense that you weren't constantly trying to load a page. Sure the times normally weren't accurate, but how can you accurately predict how long the person before you will take to purchase their tickets? What if they take much longer than the normal person? That's why they have estimated time periods, and to be honest, if 15-45 minutes took 1 hour, then it's pretty damn good.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:00 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post

Even with admissions, the number you'd call was the Bell Centre one. It's just that tickets are way more in demand now, so more people are trying to call.
Sorry no sale here on the phone issue. There has been heavy interest in previous years and I always got through to some level of the system. There is no way it was the same set up as before

The system in place this year was ridiculously inept. There is no way to defend it with the degree of interest. If what you say is true about the phones going to the Bell centre I would blame any tie ups on the total lack of confidence in the internet system. Bar none the worst ticket buying experience i have had in 4 decades of buying tickets anywhere.

I would really be surprised to see anything like this system in use next year, Abysmal. Truly very Mickey Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
I seem to recall admission having the same issues with dropped transactions. I really don't find much of a difference between that system and this one, except for the fact that this one seemed to be more stable in the sense that you weren't constantly trying to load a page. Sure the times normally weren't accurate, but how can you accurately predict how long the person before you will take to purchase their tickets? What if they take much longer than the normal person? That's why they have estimated time periods, and to be honest, if 15-45 minutes took 1 hour, then it's pretty damn good.
15 to 45 min translated to 90 min for me. Two to 5 to almost 15. In between the two over 45 min

That night lots of folks were waiting around with a 45 min plus message expecting something to happen. The green lines stopped changing. Pretty sure the system was down. After the Saturday screw up that was unacceptable. Folks should be better informed. Those messages bordered on meaningless

I did not expect to be told an exact wait time. I did not expect to be mislead either.

In any case, with the internet in years past, If you got dropped in a transaction you didn't have to exit and go back into some queue of "over 45 min" after waiting 300

The wait messages were meaningless

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-20-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old
09-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Well the problem was more about the minutes that were just not accurate. Either than that it gave you a kind of indication of where you were in the line. So it was better than nothing. I think the majority of people got tickets even though they may not be the games everyone wanted. I personally found it not that bad.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

Bull.The phone line doesn't even ring properly,im 100% sure the line is disconected.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Bull.The phone line doesn't even ring properly,im 100% sure the line is disconected.
You're 100% wrong...

I got my confirmation email from the Habs today.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 11:15 AM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
15 to 45 min translated to 90 min for me. Two to 5 to almost 15. In between the two over 45 min

That night lots of folks were waiting around with a 45 min plus message expecting something to happen. The green lines stopped changing. Pretty sure the system was down. After the Saturday screw up that was unacceptable. Folks should be better informed. Those messages bordered on meaningless

I did not expect to be told an exact wait time. I did not expect to be mislead either.

In any case, with the internet in years past, If you got dropped in a transaction you didn't have to exit and go back into some queue of "over 45 min" after waiting 300

The wait messages were meaningless
The main problem, and I would be suprised if they didn't knew that it would happen, is that if you had more than one window opened, you could do more than one transaction with more than one credit card, and most people opened many windows because it was the way to go when it was run by Admission.

Here at the office, someone got 15-45 minute, 1 hour later he could buy tickets, he had 5 windows opened so 5 people bought tickets with his place in the line. So if they, for exemple, put 1000 people with 2-5 minutes, and they expected 1000 people = 1000 transactions, but it turns out to be 3000 transactions, it takes 3 times the time the showed...

I did it my self, I had over 45 minutes, after 2 hours I could buy tickets so I called my friends, they gave me their credit cards numbers and I bought 3x4 tickets.

I don't blame the habs for that. I think they are trying to create a system that will allow the most people to buy tickets but there will always be some who won't...

And for those who received their confirmation, do you only get them if you asked for e-tickets or you also received them if you asked to get them by mail?

ppil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
You're 100% wrong...

I got my confirmation email from the Habs today.
I called over 500x the 790# and the 1877# and just as I finsished entering the last digit it already went on the busy tone.Im sure the lines were off. 3 years ago when I purchased my tickets at Admission they told me don't even try they disconnet the lines and will never answer

Anyways who knows

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 11:55 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
The main problem, and I would be suprised if they didn't knew that it would happen, is that if you had more than one window opened, you could do more than one transaction with more than one credit card, and most people opened many windows because it was the way to go when it was run by Admission.

Here at the office, someone got 15-45 minute, 1 hour later he could buy tickets, he had 5 windows opened so 5 people bought tickets with his place in the line. So if they, for exemple, put 1000 people with 2-5 minutes, and they expected 1000 people = 1000 transactions, but it turns out to be 3000 transactions, it takes 3 times the time the showed...

I did it my self, I had over 45 minutes, after 2 hours I could buy tickets so I called my friends, they gave me their credit cards numbers and I bought 3x4 tickets.

I don't blame the habs for that. I think they are trying to create a system that will allow the most people to buy tickets but there will always be some who won't...

And for those who received their confirmation, do you only get them if you asked for e-tickets or you also received them if you asked to get them by mail?
So I should have called you and asked to buy my tickets LOL

What you are saying makes sense. I suspected something like that was going on. I did not expect the minutes to be accurate. It was bothersome to me though that the messaging left so many folks in the dark

The split ticket option was okay but disappointing in that you could not ask for an arrangement like you could on the phone. Split tickets were quite often at opposite ends of the arena. Limited chances at changing tickets may have caused timing issues for waits. You had to let a transaction time out to make another stab after rejecting 3 times

The loss of the phone option is what bothered me most. Folks can say what they want to about how the phone system works (or does not work). What I encountered in this sale was totally unprecedented. Any ticket promotion I have ever called for I eventually got through to a system or person. I literally dialed 400 plus times on my phone over a short period while I watched my computer screen. Not much else to do

Coupled with the Saturday mess I am sure there are a lot of unhappy folks. Let's just say that compared to previous years this one will not be viewed fondly by many or even by those who eventually got tickets

The funny thing is that a lot of this stuff is done in the name of selling fewer ticket to more people, and to thwart scalpers. I am skeptical it will work out that way. Even you were able to find a way around the system.

I asked for mail delivery for my 4 tickets. I have gotten no e:mail confirmation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I called over 500x the 790# and the 1877# and just as I finsished entering the last digit it already went on the busy tone.Im sure the lines were off. 3 years ago when I purchased my tickets at Admission they told me don't even try they disconnet the lines and will never answer

Anyways who knows
I got a ring 3 times which really got my hopes up, only to find that it was a taped message by Bell Telephone.

I believe the lines were off at some time because even after the sales were dropping you still could not get through

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-20-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old
09-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Stradale

Yay! Just recieve my tix for opening night from the post. That was fast!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote