HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patric Hornqvist

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
  #1
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,376
vCash: 50
Patric Hornqvist

Is he for sure coming over this year? he could replace Radulov with fewer points but more goals

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
  #2
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Is he for sure coming over this year? he could replace Radulov with fewer points but more goals
yes he's coming over, but we still need another bona-fide top 6 Forward we're still set at 4 with Legwand, Erat, Arnott & Dumont ... we need to go out and sign a Parrish or someone of that kind of ilk or make a trade for a top end forward (North American boy preferably)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 01:21 PM
  #3
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,376
vCash: 50
Well with Suter, Weber, Blum, Franson and Hamhuis that is a ton of excellent defensemen that can be used in a trade to aquire a top 6 forward, Tampa is likely targets, weak on D, overflowing with top 6 forwards

I would trade Koistinen, and a pick for Jokinen and a mid round pick for Michel Ouellet

Erat - Arnott - Dumont
Jokinen - Hornqvist - Ouellet

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
  #4
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Well with Suter, Weber, Blum, Franson and Hamhuis that is a ton of excellent defensemen that can be used in a trade to aquire a top 6 forward, Tampa is likely targets, weak on D, overflowing with top 6 forwards

I would trade Koistinen, and a pick for Jokinen and a mid round pick for Michel Ouellet

Erat - Arnott - Dumont
Jokinen - Hornqvist - Ouellet
lets try this again ...
Dumont - Arnott - Parrish
Erat - Legwand - Hornqvist

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
  #5
Giguere27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Hey guys,does anybody know,what Hornqvist will get paid?

Giguere27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 04:12 PM
  #6
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giguere27 View Post
Hey guys,does anybody know,what Hornqvist will get paid?
713,333

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 08:37 AM
  #7
tulsytrid1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murfreesbo Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
lets try this again ...
Dumont - Arnott - Parrish
Erat - Legwand - Hornqvist
If we don't get Parrish who gets that first line spot? Fiddler?

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 12:50 PM
  #8
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Well with Suter, Weber, Blum, Franson and Hamhuis that is a ton of excellent defensemen that can be used in a trade to aquire a top 6 forward, Tampa is likely targets, weak on D, overflowing with top 6 forwards

I would trade Koistinen, and a pick for Jokinen and a mid round pick for Michel Ouellet

Erat - Arnott - Dumont
Jokinen - Hornqvist - Ouellet
David Legwand says hello.

If we flip a defenseman, it will be De Vries. Koistinen is a vital part of our power play and De Vries is blocking the way for a younger, more talented defenseman like Klein, plus it shaves off some salary. It would also give the Bolts a veteran to mentor their young blue line (Kuba not withstanding). Trading Koistinen is counterproductive because it leaves us without a power play QB in the aftermath of the Zidlicky trade.

So we flip De Vries and a pair of picks for Jokinen and Ouellet, and our lines will look something like this:

Hörnqvist-Arnott-Dumont
Erat-Legwand-Jokinen
Ouellet-Bonk-Pihlström/Jones/possibly Parrish or Videll
Fiddler-Nichol-Tootoo
Smithson, Gratton and maybe Ortmeyer as extras but Jedi is highly expendable.

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Klein
Koistinen/Sulzer-Zanon

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 02:30 PM
  #9
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
So we flip De Vries and a pair of picks for Jokinen and Ouellet, and our lines will look something like this:

Hörnqvist-Arnott-Dumont
Erat-Legwand-Jokinen
Ouellet-Bonk-Pihlström/Jones/possibly Parrish or Videll
Fiddler-Nichol-Tootoo
Smithson, Gratton and maybe Ortmeyer as extras but Jedi is highly expendable.

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Klein
Koistinen/Sulzer-Zanon
Count Smithson on the fourth line ahead of someone...he was just signed to a two-year extentsion and is considered by the organization to be one of the best penalty-killing forwards in the Western Conference.

I simply don't see us picking up two forwards and if we did, I would suspect that Pihlstrom was sent back to Milwaukee (is he waiver eligible?). Additionally, Peverley will start on the Nashville roster IMO, making Fiddler expendable.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 02:48 PM
  #10
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Count Smithson on the fourth line ahead of someone...he was just signed to a two-year extentsion and is considered by the organization to be one of the best penalty-killing forwards in the Western Conference.

I simply don't see us picking up two forwards and if we did, I would suspect that Pihlstrom was sent back to Milwaukee (is he waiver eligible?). Additionally, Peverley will start on the Nashville roster IMO, making Fiddler expendable.
Fiddler gone....boy that would turn the boards and the mancrush theory on their ear.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 02:52 PM
  #11
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Fiddler gone....boy that would turn the boards and the mancrush theory on their ear.
Vern and Suter were honestly very concerned they would be traded last year at the deadline. Fiddler knows his time here is limited...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 10:23 AM
  #12
predhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Fiddler gone....boy that would turn the boards and the mancrush theory on their ear.
I'll believe it when I see it

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
  #13
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
I'll believe it when I see it
ditto.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 01:09 PM
  #14
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,664
vCash: 50
I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread earlier [media thread]

Okposo Vs Hornqvist HF Thread

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
  #15
Reviresco
Registered User
 
Reviresco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Florida fan here. A jelous florida fan. Would kill to se Hörnqvist in a panther uniform. Seen him a lot here in Sweden and you should be really happy having him in your organisation. That guy can score..

Reviresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 03:06 AM
  #16
bleuer
Registered User
 
bleuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to bleuer
I read that he's gonna play on the 1st line? Is that true?

bleuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 07:07 AM
  #17
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuer View Post
I read that he's gonna play on the 1st line? Is that true?
He is penciled in there, but realize that as camp progresses....we can easily see drastically different line combinations.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 08:15 AM
  #18
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuer View Post
I read that he's gonna play on the 1st line? Is that true?

Well, yea, but after a shift or two if the lines don't produce, Trotz will mix-and-match them anyways.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:26 PM
  #19
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
He is penciled in there, but realize that as camp progresses....we can easily see drastically different line combinations.
Like Fiddler-Arnott-Jones?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
  #20
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Like Fiddler-Arnott-Jones?
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
  #21
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Like Fiddler-Arnott-Jones?
Lets not go there right now. I know its probably going to happen by game 20, but right now, lets keep our hopes up.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 04:51 PM
  #22
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth
Don't hold it back like that, it's not healthy.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 04:56 PM
  #23
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Lets not go there right now. I know its probably going to happen by game 20, but right now, lets keep our hopes up.
Fiddler-Arnott-Jones
Erat-Legwand-Tootoo
Dumont-Bonk-Peverley
Pihlström-Nichol-Gratton
Hörnqvist

De Vries-Zanon
Weber-Koistinen
Hamhuis-Klein
Suter


PLAYOFFS B****!

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 06:15 PM
  #24
predhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Lets not go there right now. I know its probably going to happen by game 2, but right now, lets keep our hopes up.
I corrected your typo

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 12:44 PM
  #25
dave_no
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brno
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
What position to play? RW or LW?

dave_no is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.