HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

I just got fired

Old
09-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylzzz View Post
I had like 5 cars go through the drive threw.
Tip #12: Literacy is your key to improving your job prospects.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:32 AM
The Vengabus

I got fired once for telling my boss to go **** himself in front of some customers.

The Vengabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorial View Post
I got fired once for telling my boss to go **** himself in front of some customers.
That'll do it. Never been fired and I've been pretty nonchalant when working retail. Giving friends discounts, being late, giving myself discounts...

Sec of Partying Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
jaems

Quote:
Originally Posted by excape View Post

Granted, the guys that accused you were idiots, but still...
I'm going to go on a tirade about African Americans... but it's okay because my best friend is African American!

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:23 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I had a boss that let us basically steal food at El Pollo Loco. His theory was "if I didn't see it it didn't happen".

He used to bust out crazy Vietnam stories randomly too.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok-AtTheDriveIn-en View Post
First time ever for me.

I worked at Blockbuster and I gave a friend of mine a discount last week. Turns out that's a form of "theft". **** that stupid company.

Now I am unemployed and have to pay my bills!
dude it is blockbuster--

go work in a warehouse or something--get a grunt job

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 04:00 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Oh do I have a funny story for you. My first job was working at a chinese restaurant in town. I had to work the phone and register. It was a part time job from 5-8 pm from Wed-Sat night. They paid me $5/hour, yeah, I was racking in some serious dough back then. So my first day was Saturday night and it was quite busy. Now you all know how big a chinese menu is, so people were calling up and ordering tons of stuff and I had no clue where anything was on the menu, so when they were ordering their 6th item, I was just locating the 2nd item on the menu.

So when I first get there, my boss was some chinese lady whose name that 1. I couldnt understand and 2. couldnt pronounce. It was some chinese name, but I'll come back to that later. I then have some Indian dude come in and keep telling me he wanted "green chili". I had no clue what the hell this guy was talking about or wanted so I went in back to get my boss. It took about 5-10 minutes before she realized what he wanted and that we didnt have it.

So now its getting close to 8 pm, and I get a call from someone who said they had a delivery and got the wrong item. They said they ordered boneless spareribs and they got regular ones. Apparantly I saw spareribs on the menu so I circled it. I didnt pay attention whether they were boneless or not. So I tell the people on the phone someone will bring them their ribs. So then I see my mom pull up in front to pick me up. So I walk in back where everyone is chinese and all shouting chinese. So I tell them someone got the wrong order and that someone has to deliver their stuff. Then I tell them its 8:00 and my shift is up and Im leaving. So they pay my hard earned $15 and I leave.

Now the fun begins. I called the next day to tell my boss I couldnt work Wed because I bowled varsity in high school and we had matches M-T-W. I asked for whatever her name was but whoever answered the phone had no clue who I was talking about. So after 5 minutes of trying to get them to understand who I was talking about I said, its the only lady that works here. They said oh, she no here, so I said screw it Im not going to bother with this anymore.

So now Tuesday comes and I am still on my way home from bowling and I get home and my brother says that my job called. It was my boss. He says what his conversation was with her and I am not making this up, this is classic.

My bro: "Hello".
Chinese lady: "Is the kid there"?
My bro: "Who"?
Chinese lady: "The kid that work here".
My bro: "Oh, my bro, no hes still at school".
Chinese lady: "Oh, tell him he no work here no more".

Now how great is that. So there I was with my $15 of hard earned money for that one night, never to work there again. Although I still order my chinese food from that place, its great stuff. Its one of those fake chinese food places, but what can I say, the food is good.
I thought you said that this was a funny story.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote