HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

OFFICIAL - Training Camp Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2008, 07:23 PM
  #101
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersonian View Post
Did Byron Bitz catch anyone else's attention in the first skate? He was a bit of a presence, winded at the end, but would be interested in what anyone thought about him as a prospect...
Before I answer let me just say that I was not at all focusing on Bitz whatsoever, so I may not be able to accurately gauge his play today. With that being said, I didn't see much from him when he did happen to come into my view. Marquardt was a guy I wasn't paying attention to but he MADE me pay attention to him. IMO, from the 8 guys that got boosted up to the big boy camp... he was the best of the day.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 07:31 PM
  #102
BubbaBoot
Registered User
 
BubbaBoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mission Hill
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
For the first time in 10 years I may not be able to attend a training camp session, (freakin work keeps getting in the way of life).

Every year I try to catch a rookie session and give my (unlearned and amateur) analysis.

I also would end my 'analysis' with an annual 'Andreas Lindstrom' award, given to the rookie player who is so obviously over his head that you wonder how they got invited to the camp at all.

I call it this as I remember the only camp that Lindstrom was in and he was brutal....

I know it's trite and harsh but does anyone who's attended the rookie sessions have a nominee for the award this year?

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 07:33 PM
  #103
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersonian View Post
At least two reasons for restricting access;
1) Didn't want to fully staff the Garden
2) They wanted to show some semblance of a crowd for TV coverage...

Agree -- the cushy premium seats are where it's at; They are a great deal, cushy, nifty cup holders and sight lines, the works. I'm paying $64 a seat; what section were the 50 dollar seats?

I also got approached about tickets, I told the guy that I was already a STH and to his credit we talked for about 15 minutes, I had to break it off, meaning he was in no rush to get to another "prospect" to do a pressure sale. They've got a new $199 "all you can eat" deal for 5 games, one per month, that they are trying out.

Honestly, all they want to do is "get you in the building" to get you addicted and hope you're interested in an upsell for the following season. He said they saw a huge increase in STH sales from folks who did the 18-game packs last year...
Oh yea, I mean they weren't bad by any stretch... they all chatted me up about the team, what I thought, whether or not I was excited... one even told me about a funny story involving her and Savard from the Golf Tournament.. however, they are still there for one purpose.. to try to sell you seats so its kind of an awkward feeling, knowing they have alterior motives.

She told me they were 50 bucks.. whether or not they really are or not, I don't know, but the premiuem seats just behind section 20... whether or not those are considered "premium" or not, I don't know, but they are the comfier seats, with the cup holders etc.

If I was in a normal 24 year old shoes (like maybe a college graduate with a job) instead of being one thats still in school, I woulda been all over it. I can't wait to be a season ticket holder... gonna be a glorious day whenever it happens.

Another note from one of the girls who talked to me... she said that during her sales calls to people... so many said they no longer liked the Bruins because they weren't "tough enough" or because they refuse to root for them until the Jacobs sold the team. When she told me that I ****in went off on how much I hate those people. Makes me sick that there are so called Bruins "fans" out there that have this view point on things. I prefer a product that is "tough" (which I'm pretty sure we are... we certainly ain't purse swingers) as much as the next guy, and I'm not the hugest fan of Jacobs (hes no Bob Kraft or John Henry) but he is not the penny pincher those accuse him of being (yea I know concessions, ticket prices.. bla bla bla.. get over it... it is what it is) and this team isn't soft, and even if they were... you root for the team regardless of the product they put out there... or thats called being a fair weather fan. Just my .02 cents.

End of rant. My naive 21 year old ex-girlfriend is boffing some 30 year old loser dj who parties 5 nights a week... so I'm already a little bit heated. Doesn't take much to get me to boil over.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 07:37 PM
  #104
sandersonian
Registered User
 
sandersonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Before I answer let me just say that I was not at all focusing on Bitz whatsoever, so I may not be able to accurately gauge his play today. With that being said, I didn't see much from him when he did happen to come into my view. Marquardt was a guy I wasn't paying attention to but he MADE me pay attention to him. IMO, from the 8 guys that got boosted up to the big boy camp... he was the best of the day.

Yeah, Bitz is definitely return-to-Providence fodder, but at 6-5 he's the tallest forward out there, would be nice to see him develop as a physical threat if needed for a late season call up...

sandersonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 07:38 PM
  #105
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Before I answer let me just say that I was not at all focusing on Bitz whatsoever, so I may not be able to accurately gauge his play today. With that being said, I didn't see much from him when he did happen to come into my view. Marquardt was a guy I wasn't paying attention to but he MADE me pay attention to him. IMO, from the 8 guys that got boosted up to the big boy camp... he was the best of the day.
Absolutely agree on Marquardt


...
and I got approached at Wilmington about tickets, but not at the Garden. weird...

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 07:43 PM
  #106
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,653
vCash: 500
Anybody who went to the practice today and/or will be at the practice tomorrow, can you keep a watchful eye on Mike Hutchinson and let me know what you see? I'd very much appreciate it.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 07:51 PM
  #107
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersonian View Post
Yeah, Bitz is definitely return-to-Providence fodder, but at 6-5 he's the tallest forward out there, would be nice to see him develop as a physical threat if needed for a late season call up...
Is he 6'5? I think hes 6'3, but your point is well taken. However, Mikko is the tall drink of water out there as far as the forwards go, he is 6'5, or at the very least the tallest forward I saw. Pretty skilled too.. he impressed me.

I think we have plenty of big young guys that could come up and be a physical threat (unless your talking about strictly fighting) that are better prospects than Bitz, at least in my opinion, them being obviously Wheeler, Knackstedt and Marquardt. We definitely have some size down in Provi... and its clear management is in love with size, and its well-founded considering thats one thing we lack in the up front seeing as Lucic is really all there is.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
  #108
sandersonian
Registered User
 
sandersonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Is he 6'5? I think hes 6'3, but your point is well taken. However, Mikko is the tall drink of water out there as far as the forwards go, he is 6'5, or at the very least the tallest forward I saw. Pretty skilled too.. he impressed me.

I think we have plenty of big young guys that could come up and be a physical threat (unless your talking about strictly fighting) that are better prospects than Bitz, at least in my opinion, them being obviously Wheeler, Knackstedt and Marquardt. We definitely have some size down in Provi... and its clear management is in love with size, and its well-founded considering thats one thing we lack in the up front seeing as Lucic is really all there is.
Both Bitz and Mikko listed at 6'5 in today's roster handouts, but Mikko is a 21-year old rookie with 20 points and only 12 PIMs in 42 games last year for Espoo.
Compared to 27 points and 70 PIMs in 60 games in Providence, Bitz seems to play a tougher game and theoretically is a step away in the AHL, so a pivotal year for him in Providence. We'll see.

sandersonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 08:37 PM
  #109
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersonian View Post
Both Bitz and Mikko listed at 6'5 in today's roster handouts, but Mikko is a 21-year old rookie with 20 points and only 12 PIMs in 42 games last year for Espoo.
Compared to 27 points and 70 PIMs in 60 games in Providence, Bitz seems to play a tougher game and theoretically is a step away in the AHL, so a pivotal year for him in Providence. We'll see.
bitz came a long way from cornell to his first rookie camp to last year in providence. the coaches were impressed with his improvement from start to finish, but in reality, i'm not sure he's a guy who'll see the light of day in the NHL. he's buried on the depth chart here, and each year a few new top rated bodies come in that will leapfrog him. i think his best chance is to start scrapping on a semi-regular basis and use that frame to his advantage. look at a guy like aaron voros - not a good fighter at all, but a big guy who's willing and has decent enough skill to hang at the NHL level.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 09:05 PM
  #110
WickedBruinsGirl
06.15.11
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: loge 19 ♥
Country: United States
Posts: 14,079
vCash: 500
Rookie photos from Friday are here:

http://www.wickedbruinsfan.com/gallery/091908rookies

Veteran skate pictures going up as I type and will be here:

http://www.wickedbruinsfan.com/gallery/091908vets

Today's pictures should be up by Monday. I have to work tomorrow.

__________________
Missing for days but nobody missed her.
WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 02:44 PM
  #111
BruinsGod II
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Markham
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Whats going on at camp today ?? No Fluto blogs, just a few pictures from Bish .. No replies today in this thread ???

BruinsGod II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 03:41 PM
  #112
Beesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,328
vCash: 500
Regarding line combinations, the top two lines seem to be

Lucic/Savard/Ryder
Sturm/Bergeron/Kessel

For anyone who has been at practice, can you tell us who else has been skating together. I'm particularly interested in Hamill, Wheeler, Krejci, and Marchand.

Thanks.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 03:46 PM
  #113
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 26,799
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
I was at both sessions today. These are practices and I am no expert but if you want a few observations here goes.

Mark Stuart looks outstanding. He looks fast, his mobility is off the charts, he looks quicker, acts more confident, and was great in the drills especially one on one. You just watch him and you know something is different- and it's all positive. Good luck beating this guy one on one.

I thought Patrice Bergeron was fantastic as well. He was flying and making sick plays with his linemantes, Kessel and Sturm. Which brings me to my next point.....

Can I flip flop...I been advocating a Bergeron line with Sturm and Kobasew,,,ummm scratch that. Phil Kessel was arguably the best player on the ice. He fakes Chara out so bad on a move, Big Z took an unexpected seat on the ice. It was Habs like playoff goal. And he wasn't done, he had a couple more. I was in the trade Kessel (if you can land a young stud d man) group. Scratch that. This line could be one of the best if not the best second lines in hockey. If you go to practice and just watch Kessel skate and screw around with the puck it is worth the trip.

Milan Lucic looked quicker, and if he really is (remember my 'not an expert' line) look out NHL. He's got pretty good moves- clearly this guy is not wearing mittens when he gets the puck. His shoulders are so much wider than anyone else you understand that with his desire to make contact leaves opponents getting displaced.

After reading Kirk's outstanding assessment of the prospects I decided to key on Matt Lashoff. He looks sleeker, and if you like watching skating, effortless movement then this is your guy. He has the size, the look, the skating that scouts must drool over. I'm not a 'paying much attention to passing' guy but he made a few saucers and feather passes that either came down right on the tape or hit the middle of the blade.

If you like skating and some skill- or alot of it, watch Lashoff and Kessel and you wont be disappointed.

KID REVIEW

Blake Wheeler was very good in the 3 on 3 drills, scoring a couple of goals with great shots. He's going to be fun to watch in Providence. He's a very big boy, moves well, shoots even better, and if he has even average snarl he's going to be in the NHL playing some role for a long time. Lehtonen is big and lanky, Blake is big and solid- not a block, not wide like Lucic, but well put together. I am super intrigued by this guy in how he plays in the preseason. I was not as excited as some when the Bruins landed him, but I'm coming over- maybe not running but at my age running aint like it used to be.

Brad Marchand- did not notice or pay attention much to him, probably because just blown away by the Sturm-Bergeron-Kessel line, but did watch him do laps and he can really cruise. He certainly seems to have NHL speed.

Vlad Sobotka - didn't pay alot of attention to him either, but Ramsey called him over once and whatever he said, Sobotka smiled and as he skated away the former Sabres had a wide grin. He is just a beautiful world class skater- very unique style but he just wisps himself across the ice. He's not a big kid but give me one of these on any team I am rooting for.

The top regular season lines were all together

LUCIC-SAVARD-RYDER

STURM-BERGERON-KESSEL

AXELSSON-KREJCI-KOBASEW
Kobasew was moving very well, but he got smoked by Alberts once, the only real hard hit I saw. Most of the corner work was at a 5-7 (maybe) on the intensity dial.

Chara looked fine and had a fake fight with Thornton afterwards- just smiling and goofing around.

Wideman got hit with a shot up high but shook it off and looked fine in the drills.

Ward was Ward, smiling, almost a coach on the ice, character, you can tell loves this team.

Savard had some sick-like Savard moves on the drills to set up Ryder and/or Lucic. When he gets the puck sometimes it is only for a millisecond as he reroutes it; amazing how the heck he knows where his linemate is.

Claude called Ryder over once and talked to him about positioning on some drill. With Claude the coach, the movitation of the contract, Habs pay back, and the doubters he has oodles of incentive.

There was a good group of people at this so I expect a few HF people to weigh in.

FIVE POINT SUMMARY

Bergeron looks like he is a beast.

Stuart appears quicker, more confident, and his lateral play off the charts.

Kessel is worth the trip.

The Lucinator or Lucamotive seems to be moving from point A to point B faster and a more fluid stride than last years sometimes choppy laborous trips.

Matt Lashoff has all the visuals you want to see before any puck is dropped between adversaries.


Last edited by DKH: 09-21-2008 at 03:59 PM.
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 03:55 PM
  #114
bb74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Annecy
Country: France
Posts: 3,103
vCash: 500
Many thanks for the info DKH - looks like the semi-yutes will be a treat this year.

I cant wait for the Kosti-kids to try spearing Stuart again - lets hope Lucic get's one and Stuart the other.... ;-)

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 03:58 PM
  #115
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I was at both sessions today. These are practices and I am no expert but if you want a few observations here goes.

Mark Stuart looks outstanding. He looks fast, his mobility is off the charts, he looks quicker, acts more confident, and was great in the drills especially one on one. You just watch him and you know something is different- and it's all positive. Good luck beating this guy one on one.

I thought Patrice Bergeron was fantastic as well. He was flying and making sick plays with his linemantes, Kessel and Sturm. Which brings me to my next point.....

Can I flip flop...I been advocating a Bergeron line with Sturm and Kobasew,,,ummm scratch that. Phil Kessel was arguably the best player on the ice. He fakes Chara out so bad on a move, Big Z took an unexpected seat on the ice. It was Habs like playoff goal. And he wasn't done, he had a couple more. I was in the trade Kessel (if you can land a young stud d man) group. Scratch that. This line could be one of the best if not the best second lines in hockey. If you go to practice and just watch Kessel skate and screw around with the puck it is worth the trip.

Milan Lucic looked quicker, and if he really is (remember my 'not an expert' line) look out NHL. He's got pretty good moves- clearly this guy is not wearing mittens when he gets the puck. His shoulders are so much wider than anyone else you understand that with his desire to make contact leaves opponents getting displaced.

After reading Kirk's outstanding assessment of the prospects I decided to key on Matt Lashoff. He looks sleeker, and if you like watching skating, effortless movement then this is your guy. He has the size, the look, the skating that scouts must drool over. I'm not a 'paying much attention to passing' guy but he made a few saucers and feather passes that either came down right on the tape or hit the middle of the blade.

If you like skating and some skill- or alot of it, watch Lashoff and Kessel and you wont be disappointed.

KID REVIEW

Blake Wheeler was very good in the 3 on 3 drills, scoring a couple of goals with great shots. He's going to be fun to watch in Providence. He's a very big boy, moves well, shoots even better, and if he has even average snarl he's going to be in the NHL playing some roll for a long time. Lehtonen is big and lanky, Blake is big and solid- not a block, not wide like Lucic, but well put together. I am super intrigued by this guy in how he plays in the preseason.

Brad Marchand- did not notice or pay attention much to him, probably because just blown away by the Sturm-Bergeron-Kessel line, but did watch him do laps and he can really cruise. He certainly seems to have NHL speed.

Vlad Sobotka - didn't pay alot of attention to him either, but Ramsey called him over once and whatever he said, Sobotka smiled and as he skated away the former Sabres had a wide grin. He is just a beautiful world class skater- very unique style but he just wisps himself across the ice. He's not a big kid but give me one of these on any team I am rooting for.

The top regular season lines were all together

LUCIC-SAVARD-RYDER

STURM-BERGERON-KESSEL

AXELSSON-KREJCI-KOBASEW
Kobasew was moving very well, but he got smoked by Alberts once, the only real hard hit I saw. Most of the corner work was at a 5-7 (maybe) on the intensity dial.

Chara looked fine and had a fake fight with Thornton afterwards- just smiling and goofing around.

Wideman got hit with a shot up high but shook it off and looked fine in the drills.

Ward was Ward, smiling, almost a coach on the ice, character, you can tell loves this team.

Savard had some sick-like Savard moves on the drills to set up Ryder and/or Lucic. When he gets the puck sometimes it is only for a millisecond as he reroutes it; amazing how the heck he knows where his linemate is.

Claude called Ryder over once and talked to him about positioning on some drill. With Claude the coach, the movitation of the contract, Habs pay back, and the doubters he has oodles of incentive.

There was a good group of people at this so I expect a few HF people to weigh in.

FIVE POINT SUMMARY

Bergeron looks like he is a beast.

Stuart appears quicker, more confident, and his lateral play off the charts.

Kessel is worth the trip.

The Lucinator or Lucamotive seems to be moving from point A to point B faster and a more fluid stride than last years sometimes choppy laborous trips.

Matt Lashoff has all the visuals you want to see before any puck is dropped between adversaries.
This was fantastic, made me really excited, I really like those line combos and your reports on Stuart and Lashoff were very much appreciated.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 04:04 PM
  #116
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 26,799
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb74 View Post
Many thanks for the info DKH - looks like the semi-yutes will be a treat this year.

I cant wait for the Kosti-kids to try spearing Stuart again - lets hope Lucic get's one and Stuart the other.... ;-)
the Kosti Kids do take a ribbing on this board, but they are a huge part of the Habs turnaround and tougher ( and maybe even more talented) than most of us think.

I am all for the Habs being good- as the Joker said to Batman 'you complete me' , well a good talented Habs team completes a good tough Bruins team.

It's always fun to have a good interesting Bruins team, but more fun to have those knuckleheads to the North with a good team too. Beating the Habs in any game or round is a great sports moment. And if you can't win the Cup, the second best thing is beating the Habs and even the Flyers.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 04:15 PM
  #117
bb74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Annecy
Country: France
Posts: 3,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
the Kosti Kids do take a ribbing on this board, but they are a huge part of the Habs turnaround and tougher ( and maybe even more talented) than most of us think.

I am all for the Habs being good- as the Joker said to Batman 'you complete me' , well a good talented Habs team completes a good tough Bruins team.

It's always fun to have a good interesting Bruins team, but more fun to have those knuckleheads to the North with a good team too. Beating the Habs in any game or round is a great sports moment. And if you can't win the Cup, the second best thing is beating the Habs and even the Flyers.
You've got that right! Should be a good year for everyone as there are a bunch of storylines to the BOS - HABS rivalry that this group of players is writing as we speak - Ryder and Julien as the cast-aways, Bergeron as the Nordiques guy, Komi - Lucic (boy would I like to see those 2 drop down), retribution for the Begin cheapshot on Savard, Kessel & Price, Stuart and the Kosti-kids, Krejci vs Plekanec (although that may be limited to the "inside" crowd of Colt), and Kovalev vs. Chara / Ward.

This is gonna be a hell of a year and with another season under the B's belts with a good core we can expect good things. I'm just hoping it includes knocking out Philly in the first round and the Habs in the conference finals on an extra-man penalty against Carbonneau in game 7 OT.

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
  #118
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Thanks DKH

I loved your summary. It made the approaching season much more real and I'm excited about this team (and the Providence Bruins)!!! I'm here in Australia in body and there in Wilmington in spirit.

Please keep those summaries coming!!!

Alan


Last edited by Alan Ryan: 09-21-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
  #119
Mancini0518
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
i went to the late session on Saturday and then i stayed for some of the rookie practice and i was really impressed by Arniel he had some nice goals mostly on shooting drills though. I also liked st. Pierre, who i didnt know much about he looked sneaky quick. The last thing that surprised me was how many snipes that schaefer had seemed like he scored every goal thomas gave up.

Mancini0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 07:00 PM
  #120
TheBigBadB
Registered User
 
TheBigBadB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Andover
Country: United States
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Thanks DKH. Awesome summary!!

"Savard had some sick-like Savard moves on the drills to set up Ryder and/or Lucic. When he gets the puck sometimes it is only for a millisecond as he reroutes it; amazing how the heck he knows where his linemate is."

Great point here. This is where I think the whole Savard to Murray scenario basically failed. The "millisecond to reroute the pass" means the person receiving the pass needs to have some sort of soft hands. Its not like Thornton with his ability to slow the game down as he works the boards allowing for Murray to get in place for his shot. Savard receives the puck and immediately would send a laser quick pass to Murray. This would surprise him and catch him off guard when he is not in his ready for the shot state. I think that is the difference between Ryder and Murray. Ryder does have some soft hands to go along with his shot. Murray does not. I think thats why the Savard-Ryder combo is going to work.

TheBigBadB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
  #121
jsting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
I dont know if anyone can answer my question but i'm just wondering when some of the rookies are going to be sent back to their jr teams. Any word on how Jamie Arniel is doing?

THANKS

jsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
  #122
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollen Nation View Post
I dont know if anyone can answer my question but i'm just wondering when some of the rookies are going to be sent back to their jr teams. Any word on how Jamie Arniel is doing?

THANKS
No Arniel on Saturday.

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 07:41 PM
  #123
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,653
vCash: 500
Per Julien, Group A will play tomorrow with a couple of Group B guys mixed in.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
  #124
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone
 
CptxMorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lawrence, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Can I flip flop...I been advocating a Bergeron line with Sturm and Kobasew,,,ummm scratch that. Phil Kessel was arguably the best player on the ice. He fakes Chara out so bad on a move, Big Z took an unexpected seat on the ice. It was Habs like playoff goal. And he wasn't done, he had a couple more. I was in the trade Kessel (if you can land a young stud d man) group. Scratch that. This line could be one of the best if not the best second lines in hockey. If you go to practice and just watch Kessel skate and screw around with the puck it is worth the trip.
I think I'm going to have to agree, I was an advocate of a Sturm - Bergeron - Kobasew line, but after reading that and thinking about the chemistry that Sturm and Kessel showed in the playoffs(game 6 top speed wing to wing pass Sturm to Kessel) this could potentially be the offensive line we've needed for so long.

CptxMorgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 11:41 PM
  #125
swharto
 
swharto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
I was at practice today, and was wondering if anybody else who was there noticed Nate Thompson. To me, he looked so crisp and tough. He seemed to be in the right place at the right time all day. Has a nice strong shot, too.

Also, I think Manny looks fantastic. Really saw the puck well and moved fast.

I need to disagree with your assessment of Kessel today. IMHO, he looked lazy. He didn't make an effort to get back in the play, and didn't try on defense. I am not a Kessel hater, as I think he has amazing talent, and unfortunately is the king of hitting post. However, he underwhelmed me today.

Last observation (even though I could write three pages about what I saw) Chara looks about 75-80% He clearly isn't fully recovered from the surgery, but it also looked like he might not have trained as hard this summer as the other guys. They worked him hard today, but he was out of breath all day and didn't seem to have him skates under him.

swharto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.