HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse in Great Shape

Old
09-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
i'll wait to see it in a game
I'll wait to see how it takes for the others to overtake him. Having said that, I'm pleased that Lats has improved his skating. It will enable him to contribute more to the team. Also, we'll finally be able to put to rest the lament that he was put on a line with plumbers. The Habs have three scoring lines this season and he won't be playing on the fourth line or a cobbled-up line of Lats-Smolinski-Dandenault.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Lats reminded me a little of Claude Lemieux at 18. Claude Lemieux improved his skating abilities significantly at the same age.
I'd like to see some of Pepe's fire in him--crashing the goal and making the opponents generally miserable, especially in the playoffs.

Old
09-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I'd like to see some of Pepe's fire in him--crashing the goal and making the opponents generally miserable, especially in the playoffs.
I'd like to see some nastiness in Guillaume's game too... in fact, IMO if Lats was more nasty and physical, I don't think there would be so much emphasis on his skating...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
I'd like to see some nastiness in Guillaume's game too... in fact, IMO if Lats was more nasty and physical, I don't think there would be so much emphasis on his skating...
I don't know, sure he could play with more grit but do we want an Eric Lindros type injury riddle career for Lats?

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
TOMapleLaughs as well (does that guy [Passchendaele] even have a favorite team other than Habs bashing?)

From Wikipedia: "Passchendaele has become synonymous with the misery of fighting in thick mud." How appropriate!

Old
09-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
I don't know, sure he could play with more grit but do we want an Eric Lindros type injury riddle career for Lats?
Hum, well, I fail to see the Lindros comparison... there are plenty of players throughout history that played a gritty physical game, and didn't have Lindros concussion problems... and I prefer Lats to be physical than not to be in case he could be hurt... IMHO.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber09 View Post
If you ask me, we don't have all the time in the world to wait for this guy to develop. Look what happened to Ryder. We got rid of him when I said to keep him. Now he's gonna light it up for our rivals.Latendresse has this year to prove himself or he's gone. We're a team going for the cup. If we want him to improve throw him in the AHL. Nothing is needed on this team that will slow us down.......
Hold on! You're showing much too much impatience. Some of us are disappointed by the rate at which he's progressing, and I admit I've said unkind things about him in moments of exasperation, but that doesn't mean I've given up on him, and you shouldn't. If he's really improved, you'll be eating your words by the end of the season.

Old
09-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Hum, well, I fail to see the Lindros comparison... there are plenty of players throughout history that played a gritty physical game, and didn't have Lindros concussion problems... and I prefer Lats to be physical than not to be in case he could be hurt... IMHO.
Lindros, was a Power Forward. Lats, (should) develop into a Power Forward.

There are lots of players careers who have been cut short because of gritty physical game. Your arguement doesn't disprove mine.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
How does a good young player in progression hurts us? I'm tired of people like you, if you love Ryder that much go cheer for the bruins.

Latendresse has this year to prove himself or he's gone?

He's 21 years old damn it, imagine if we would've said the same about Komisarek...

Yes, we are a team going for the cup, but it doesnt mean we have to throw our young players out just because they don't reach their potential in 2 years. We don't want to win one cup and that's it, we want several years of cup contention and stanley cups.
Well said

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
HabsDood

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=535968

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
25 goals for sure, barring any injury.
This kid is great and he wants to win and play a major role in doing so, I can not believe how hard people are on him knowing how young he is.
if he scores 25 goals, this team is going to run away with 1st place in the east

Players with his size, skill and youth are about as erratic as they come. I wish I could predict how he will do but I dont have the slightest idea. He's the only player in our top 9 group of forwards that I worry about. The other eight can definitely pull their own weight IMO.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 06:39 PM
lxzred

well as the 9th forward, as long as all the others "pull their weight" as long as he keeps developing and doesn't go backwards we should be fine, even with numbers like he had last year we will still be a force to reckon with, how many teams have a 9th forward with 27 pts?

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote