HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Pre-Season #1 - Sat 9/20/08; 7PM, MSG - NY Rangers @ Ottawa Senators **

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
I was just wondering if the game on monday is on MSG?
Yes it is.

Old
09-21-2008, 01:53 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
All the preseason games are on MSG.

Was really impressed with Mike Fisher last night. I love the guy. He was just dominating the corners and he is a tough sonova*****. Would kill to have him as our 2nd line right winger or 3rd line center.

Old
09-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i would give sathers left nut to have Neil on this team.

Old
09-21-2008, 03:37 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
If you think being out of position 70% of the game (Dawes) and not being able to finish and capitalize on easy scoring chances (Prucha) is "playing very well" then I'm going to say your definition of very well is totaly different then mine.

AS far as someone saying Byers being bad. He threw the best hit of the night -- and w/ the limited ice time he had b/c of special teams... he was hitting everything that came in his way.
I consider creating scoring chances as playing well.

I think hits are fun, but when that's all you can do, and provide little else, i don't think you played a good game. Byers checked a couple of guys. And that was about it.

What I'm gathering here is that people would want a team of:

Orr - Byers - Callahan
Voros - Rissmiller - Moore

Yea, we are sure gonna win a hell of a lot of games and score many many goals with those guys...

But hey! They improved their skating, try real hard, and check people!

I'm not usually this negative... but some of these guys have no business being in the NHL. None.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 09-21-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old
09-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Synergy27

No highlights on NHL.com. Is there video of this game anywhere? I want to see Dubi's goals.

Old
09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I consider creating scoring chances as playing well.

I think hits are fun, but when that's all you can do, and provide little else, i don't think you played a good game. Byers checked a couple of guys. And that was about it.

What I'm gathering here is that people would want a team of:

Orr - Byers - Callahan
Voros - Rissmiller - Moore

Yea, we are sure gonna win a hell of a lot of games and score many many goals with those guys...

But hey! They improved their skating, try real hard, and check people!

I'm not usually this negative... but some of these guys have no business being in the NHL. None.
Are you skitzophrenic or something? Nobody has claimed Orr, Rismiller, or Byers to play a top 6 role. So let's relax. It's pretty obvious the talent analysis is done per the players role on the club. Orr has improved some of the aspects of his game, yes. But he still is a scratch or some nights on the 4th line. Rismiller was invisibile and belongs no where on this team from what I saw. Voros deserves a spot if he continues playing the way he played during the last game, and that spot isn't on the top 6 rather it's on the 4th line. So let's unbunch the panties you're wearing, and end the spinning you seem to be doing.

Old
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Garv23

haha no kiddin! I don't think anyone is saying Orr is suddenly a top line offensive machine

I think people were just glad to see his drive to improve. And it showed.

Old
09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i would give sathers left nut to have Neil on this team.
i would love for sather to deal some depth like byers, sjostrom, prucha for a player like neil or ott.......someone with some fiestiness and goes hard into the diry areas and sticks up for teammates.....i know voros does that but it would be nice to be even tougher to play against

Old
09-21-2008, 10:33 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
Are you skitzophrenic or something? Nobody has claimed Orr, Rismiller, or Byers to play a top 6 role. So let's relax. It's pretty obvious the talent analysis is done per the players role on the club. Orr has improved some of the aspects of his game, yes. But he still is a scratch or some nights on the 4th line. Rismiller was invisibile and belongs no where on this team from what I saw. Voros deserves a spot if he continues playing the way he played during the last game, and that spot isn't on the top 6 rather it's on the 4th line. So let's unbunch the panties you're wearing, and end the spinning you seem to be doing.
I just really don't want this team to struggle because they decided to go with the wrong guys on the lower lines.

The offense is not going to be potent enough to waste roster spots on guys like Orr.

That's my whole point of view.

Old
09-22-2008, 01:28 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I just really don't want this team to struggle because they decided to go with the wrong guys on the lower lines.

The offense is not going to be potent enough to waste roster spots on guys like Orr.

That's my whole point of view.
orr is important in other ways though.....he may not score but he allows the more skilled players space as other teams look over their shoulders....i understand your point that the rangers will need as much scoring as they possibly can get but the RW spot on the 4th line having orr there should be the least of their worries at this point

Old
09-22-2008, 12:12 PM
dfings

I do not see why a lot of people think Prucha played well. He had a horrible give away at the blue line where he stickhandling and it would have been a breakaway had Druy not taken a penalty. He did nothing to really stand out and I just don't think he should be playing for the Rangers this year.

Closed Thread