HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buying Tickets Thread III

Old
09-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Yay! Just recieve my tix for opening night from the post. That was fast!
Yowza. Did you even get a confirmation email?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I got a ring 3 times which really got my hopes up, only to find that it was a taped message by Bell Telephone.

I believe the lines were off at some time because even after the sales were dropping you still could not get through
exactly and also early in the morning when the website said we resume at 10

It's ok,will watch from home for free that's all!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:03 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Yowza. Did you even get a confirmation email?
I just got my confirmation at 12:04. My tickets are coming by snail mail

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
I just got my confirmation at 12:04. My tickets are coming by snail mail
I guess they're slowly but surely sending them out.

Old
09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

I got my mail confirmation as well.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 03:02 PM
HabsOfSteel

Got my confirmation as well.

Service fees are a rip-off though. I'd be ok with $8.75 for the whole transaction but 3 times $8.75 is ridiculous. I guess asking for 3 tickets instead of just 1 is so much more demanding for their servers.

HabsOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Bronto Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsOfSteel View Post
Got my confirmation as well.

Service fees are a rip-off though. I'd be ok with $8.75 for the whole transaction but 3 times $8.75 is ridiculous. I guess asking for 3 tickets instead of just 1 is so much more demanding for their servers.
tell me about it.... me and 5 friends bought 3 packs of ten games... 525$ in service fees!!!

it's crazy!!!!

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 05:19 PM
djblue

WTF i still did not get my confirmation email!

djblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Lukko4

didnt get a confirmation email but got the tickets in the mail this morning....not bad at all

Lukko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 08:08 PM
djblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenet View Post
didnt get a confirmation email but got the tickets in the mail this morning....not bad at all
ok thats good to know maybe i got them i'll go check at the mail box

djblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Bill McNeal

Finally got my confirmation email. A bit of a relief.

Old
09-19-2008, 08:47 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I got my email confirmation, and I think they made an error the price says 10$ MORE than what they charged me on my credit card.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 09:01 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronto Dan View Post
tell me about it.... me and 5 friends bought 3 packs of ten games... 525$ in service fees!!!

it's crazy!!!!
Ah! But did the service come with a smile?

Old
09-20-2008, 12:39 PM
skysam

Road Game vs Ottawa

In case anyone was interested, tickets for the November 20th Habs-Sens game in Ottawa went on sale today. I was able to get tickets in about 17.6 seconds online.

Go here
www.capitaltickets.ca

skysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 12:47 PM
JrHockeyFan

Just bought 4 tickets to the Sabres home opener Oct 10 against the Habs. Good seats together upper bowl (lower bowl seats at HSBC are terrible views and over-priced).

Obviously the relative lack of interest made the purchase a walk in the park.

Interesting to note the Sabres have Platinum, Gold, Silver , Bronze and "Value" game price structures. All the Leafs games are platinum (even they gouge the Leaf fans). The "value" games are obviously a bit of a misnomer in terms of game quality.

There are plenty of good tickets to see the Habs in P'Burgh and Columbus (one date in Nov)

Old
09-20-2008, 01:32 PM
CrisisInMTL

Quote:
Just bought 4 tickets to the Sabres home opener Oct 10 against the Habs. Good seats together upper bowl (lower bowl seats at HSBC are terrible views and over-priced).

Obviously the relative lack of interest made the purchase a walk in the park.

Interesting to note the Sabres have Platinum, Gold, Silver , Bronze and "Value" game price structures. All the Leafs games are platinum (even they gouge the Leaf fans). The "value" games are obviously a bit of a misnomer in terms of game quality.

There are plenty of good tickets to see the Habs in P'Burgh and Columbus (one date in Nov)
I just bought some opening night tickets in Buffalo too, and as you said it was easy. Tickets went on sale at 9am and I didn't place an order until noon. I'm in the upper-deck, tickets cost $72 a pop. I guess it's cheaper than going to the scalpers in MTL. One weird thing though, I applied to have my ticket printed online, they emailed it to me and it came out fine, but I look over the pricing and they charged me $5.25 for shipping and handling.

Anyways, I'm jacked for it, I've never been to an NHL game outside of MTL. Should be a good time.

CrisisInMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 03:59 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Office View Post
I just bought some opening night tickets in Buffalo too, and as you said it was easy. Tickets went on sale at 9am and I didn't place an order until noon. I'm in the upper-deck, tickets cost $72 a pop. I guess it's cheaper than going to the scalpers in MTL. One weird thing though, I applied to have my ticket printed online, they emailed it to me and it came out fine, but I look over the pricing and they charged me $5.25 for shipping and handling.

Anyways, I'm jacked for it, I've never been to an NHL game outside of MTL. Should be a good time.
The upper bowl is the best place to be for reasonable price. Last year I saw a game against Phil. $140 tickets and you could not see anything in the other end without looking through the side glass. The slope of the lower bowl is way too flat

Pearl Street Grill a few blocks north on Pearl Street (Duh lol) is a combo brewery and grill. Good food and the beer is good too. Gets busy after 5 pm. Good game day buffet

http://pearlstreetgrill.com/2007/index.php

Have fun at the game

PS: I am still trying to wrap my brain around these ticket agents charging you for an email to print your own tickets with a shipping and handling charge to boot. Any lawyers out there with time on your hands want to go for a class action suit? LOL

Old
09-20-2008, 04:08 PM
yoteshot
Lazy Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysam View Post
In case anyone was interested, tickets for the November 20th Habs-Sens game in Ottawa went on sale today. I was able to get tickets in about 17.6 seconds online.

Go here
www.capitaltickets.ca

My dad bought 3 tickets for that game too! Section 304, will be my first Habs game outside MTL

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 08:59 PM
TomPlex

For those of you who still haven't received tickets/confirmation, I would recommend calling the Bell Center and sitting on their *****. My story goes like this:

I called about 5 days ago to complain that I still hadn't received my tickets from the presale, and some dumb ***** tried to sell me that they were sent out on the 12th but that it takes a few days for them to arrive via email. Knowing that email doesn't work like that, I argued, but she refused to budge, so I asked her what I should do if they don't show up in the next 3 days or so? She said to call back.

I did. Yesterday. The lady said that they were experiencing difficulties but that I should receive them LATEST by last night. She said that if I didn't receive them, I should call back today.

I did! Except this time I was near the Bell Center so I asked if they were still open (they were, until 22:00), I parked my car, and marched into there. They tried again to sell me some **** about me having ALREADY OPENED the email and printed the tickets! (This was a supervisor) She was asking if someone else had access to my computer and nonsense like that. Anyway, after all of that, she just printed my tickets for me and we parted ways.

Moral of the story: don't wait for them to confirm or send you the e-tickets if it's this late. Keep calling and asking. You can use my example if you want, and I doubt they'll question the validity. Make sure that they've in fact sent out an email to you, and if they have, make it clear that you haven't received it yet and that you're not going to! Remember, the season starts soon! If you don't have your tickets, how are you going to go to the games?

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 10:11 PM
#2eddieshore

does anyone have a link to the 'detailed' seat plan of the Bell center?

i have never seen it online but was hoping the seat plan thats on the walls at the Bell center which actually labels the rows and seat numbers is online.

i am wondering which row of Reds is back row.

thanks.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
does anyone have a link to the 'detailed' seat plan of the Bell center?

i have never seen it online but was hoping the seat plan thats on the walls at the Bell center which actually labels the rows and seat numbers is online.

i am wondering which row of Reds is back row.

thanks.
Here's in order from ice level to upper bowl.

Platinum, 100's AA
Prestiges, 100's BB to FF
Reds, A to W
Clubs, A to F
Whites, AA to FF
Greys, A to D
Blues, A to D

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 10:22 PM
#2eddieshore

thanks.

i have just been looking at what tickets are left and am amazed to see that the only pairs left for any of the pre-season games are club desjardin against Florida! All the other games have singles only left!

crazY!

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 07:53 PM
VenomZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
thanks.

i have just been looking at what tickets are left and am amazed to see that the only pairs left for any of the pre-season games are club desjardin against Florida! All the other games have singles only left!

crazY!

Does anyone actually believe that they sold out on pre-season games? Whenever I go the arena has plenty of empty seats so how did they manage to sell-out this year? It doesn't make any sense to me.

I really hate this because usually you can find really good prices on pre-season games but with them being "sold out" this year seems like the prices are much higher now.

VenomZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
AlexCvm

Some people have tickets but don't go to the games you know...

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
VenomZeus

1000's of people?

VenomZeus is offline   Reply With Quote