HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

good read about Higgins

Old
09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
+ 87988945767895437654895489568795895899

Bottom line is:

Just shut up and start to produce on the Ice before trash talking in the Locker room.

Another quack quack quack from duckie wuckie. Higgins had a lot of goals last season.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-21-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Pascal

I could easily see Higgins being the next captain, but Komi really is the ideal candidate imo. one huge advantage he has over Higgins is that the press won't be on his case 24/7 if he doesn't score goals every game.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I could easily see Higgins being the next captain, but Komi really is the ideal candidate imo. one huge advantage he has over Higgins is that the press won't be on his case 24/7 if he doesn't score goals every game.
No matter how they do on the ice... Komisarek is just the most charismatic player on the team IMO.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
True... Komisarek is a born leader and imposes respect.
from a 5 ' 5 " man , i think that every 6' 5 " 235 lbs men impose respect . That said , it still Higgins that said " i wants a big fat CH Stanley cup ring on my finger " . Komisarek is only the guy who added " same for me " ...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
No matter how they do on the ice... Komisarek is just the most charismatic player on the team IMO.
George Laraque anyone?

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i completly disagree !

i would give the C to Laraque ; he's a french Quebecer so he would keep the attention of the french medias away of our real leaders . I think that he 's doing a really good job until now , to protect our best players againts the medias

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
from a 5 ' 5 " man
Someone didn't eat their veggies.... j/k

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
I think Higgins would score 40 if he was put back on a line with Plekanec and Kostitsyn. That line was scary two years ago. Plekanec did OK with Kovalev, but I don't think there was synergy. The line had so much combined talent they had to score fairly often, but the players did not make each other better.
This is just not correct, not a word of it.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 11:36 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
I agree. Higgins can get 30 with the good linemates, but he's not a 40 goals scorer, plain and simple. And Plekanec would not have been that good without Kovalev last year, IMO.

And if A. Kostitsyn seems like he is becoming an improved version of Kovy, Kovy has a lot of things to do with this.

Old
09-21-2008, 11:37 PM
znk

Quote:
I agree with you. Total nonsense.
2 goals from one game that proves it.

Last edited by znk: 09-21-2008 at 11:45 PM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 11:39 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
George Laraque anyone?
You know what I mean... Komisarek is a core player, and one of the best in the league among stay-at-home D-Men.

Laraque is a great fighter, but in no way a team captain. He's charismatic with the medias, but I've never heard anybody say he is a leader in the locker room.

Old
09-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Christopher Higgins wears the A for a reason. You don't get freebee letters in Montreal (Well, Mike Keane did, but those were bad times).

It blows my mind how people could be angry by Higgins speaking his mind. There was another Hab captain known for speaking his mind, and he was not only our captain in the '93 Cup, but he is also our head coach.

I truly cannot figure out what people look for in their ideal captain. They don't want someone who speaks loud and leads the team by his words (like what Higgins is learning to do, and what players like Mark Messier received reputations for), but at the same time, they don't want quiet players who only speak when they need to and lead on the ice (Like what our current captain Saku Koivu does, and what some of the greatest captains in Hab history used to do).
Well I said exactly what a real captain should do. Actaully Saku Koivu is a terrific captain, for one example.

And there's no anger here aimed at Higgins. If you actually read this thread, and the article it's about, you should notice that the guy himself said he wishes he could take back some of what he said.

It's not surprising as he's said some things to the media that were better to be left in the dressing room. I shudder to think what he's embarressed about saying to his teammates behind closed doors.

I hope he learns from his mistakes, since he's admitted them, and that's the first step to learning. Also, I hope he practices hitting empty nets, 'cause that's the first step towards scoring 40 goals.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Sthabs

Komi s the next captain.

He speaks his mind brilliantly, always says the right thing, always politically correct, never bashed anyone, less flamboyant, talks about being a leader, how to get there, help the others around him, big strong and charismatic, just perfect captain material imo, habs gave a hint of this recently when they put his picure on the wall next to saku koivu along with 2 other habs captain. theres 2 or 3 articles talking about that.

Oh and Plek and Kovy were easily our 2 best players last year, I dont know how can anyone say they didnt help out each other

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I agree with you. Total nonsense.
2 goals from one game that proves it.
Don't you just love the way the Ottawa play by play guy doesn't even describe the play on the second goal? I really don't like that guy.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 12:17 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Kovalev and Roman Hamrlik should have the "A" this year, I don't know why it's even a question on this team.
I gotta agree on this one. Kovy is our real leader and Hammer has such a good effect on this team...he is a born teacher. I remember when he had a mic on last year during some game...he was pretty vocal with the young guys, explaining plays and positioning etc... He also was encouraging O'B when he did something good. What a great presence to have. He is worth a lot more than most people give him credit for. I did not even know he was that good! Wow! He is the perfect guy to mentor our young D-men...Underrated signing.

But I would feel bad to downgrade Higgins. Maybe 3 assistants ? A bit too much if you ask me.

What a good problem to have... We don't lack leaders for sure! When the only problems your team has are such, it means you are in business! Great time to be a fan!!!! I waited for this since '93 for Price's sake!

Am I dreaming??? It seems so unreal! Look at our freakin' line up and prospect pool! We are set for a nice decade and +! I don't see Gainey and cie turning into total dumbasses anytime soon...so the management should be able to keep us on top for a long time in the east...Red Wings style. I've never seen so much talent in a habs team in my whole life (and I am 34).

Yiiiiiiiihawwww!

Last edited by peperebougon*: 09-22-2008 at 03:53 AM.
peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote