HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stupid things we hear on French media. What should we do?

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Dr. Charles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
There were (at least) two last couple of days - first there was Michel Villeneuve cussing about Price losing 28 pounds (never heard so much swearing in a radio show in my life). The fun part was when Michel Bergeron refused to embark and Villeneuve literraly asked him "Are you on the Canadians payroll now?" And minutes later, in a discussion with Rejean Tremblay, a "big story" went on air: Koivu is not pleased because some fund raising lady went to Kovalev's foundation instead of his.

Then the second - Carbonneau is a separatist or not....

However my question is different. Since we know this is just the beginnning, is there an official recommended attitude towards reporting/discussing idiotic content like this on the HF forum?

Option A. It is fun, and entertaining. Let's keep them here and maybe even give them marks for stupidity/harmful potential etc...

Option B. Posting and dicussing them is demoralising, and encourages them even more. It also gives a bad image to fans from the other forums on HF.

What is your opinion ?
Stupid stuff is all around. The whole TVA schedule is inconsistant for example. Everybody knows it. It's just a matter of what you want to achieve while spending your time watching it.

If you think you'll get any knowledge from Michel Bergeron's comments, it's 'cause you just don't get it. It's not the reason he's on air.

By the way, sometimes, it's also a matter of ressources. Just like RDS as less money than TSN. Does it mean you can't get nothing from it? I don't think so. Otherwise, we should close everything that is smaller than something else. That would mean goodbye "Manon tu m'inspires" 'cause no one can beat "Les Anges de la Renovation".

Old
09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
CanadienErrant*

Don't be depressed. It's all about grabbing as much market shares as possible. It is not important for them if they are right or wrong, as long as people are listening, watching or reading their stuff.

Villeneuve doesn't give a **** about what people are thinking about him. Jean-Chiâle is very green and he is hiding behind his mic to tell absurdities. But he is more vulnerable than Vileneuve.

Hockey is the sport that receives the most coverage but the least objectivity by the Montreal medias (wathever the language).

The analysts covering football, soccer, basketball, car racing, etc... are way more objective and interesting to listen to.

So, if you really want to hurt them, just stop listening, watching or reading them...

Old
09-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Puckhead58*

It's simple!!! Ignore the french media at all costs!!!! They have done nothing but bad mouth the Habs and their players for at least the past 5 years....likely longer, but I have only paid attention to them in the last 5 years.

They write ridiculous stories about the team and the players that aren't true and only cause drama for the team.

I refuse to listen to anything they say about the Habs.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
It's simple!!! Ignore the french media at all costs!!!! They have done nothing but bad mouth the Habs and their players for at least the past 5 years....likely longer, but I have only paid attention to them in the last 5 years.

They write ridiculous stories about the team and the players that aren't true and only cause drama for the team.

See NewHab Fan ? You meant well but when you generalize, the looney tunes crawl out of the woorwork.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:37 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post

In fact. Ignore the french alltogther.. they think they're so smart with their "foreign snooty language".

To hell with all of them.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:38 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
In fact. Ignore the french alltogther.. they think they're so smart with their "foreign snooty language".

Allez la France

Old
09-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

"Stupid things we hear on French media. What should we do?"

I don't know but the next time I hear "Pour le bon matelas au bon prix, par n'importe quel matelas à n'importe quel prix, Matelas Bonheur ououou" I think my head will explode

Old
09-22-2008, 02:43 PM
mcphee

Quote:

Good point. The poor Franco Ontarian guy at the general store at the corner will miss my friendly banter, but I must be vigilant.

From now on, I'm eating my hotdogs toasted.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Good point. The poor Franco Ontarian guy at the general store at the corner will miss my friendly banter, but I must be vigilant.

From now on, I'm eating my hotdogs toasted.
Whatever you do. DON'T ORDER FRIES!

Old
09-22-2008, 02:55 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
First - my native language is neither French or English but I speak and use them both.

I actually listen both to Team 990 and CKAC, and you hear a lot less nonsense in the English version. I mean the only one remotely similar on the English side is P.J.Stock - and he sells himself as an anti Hab anyways (loved it when Gainey told him on air "if only you could play as well as you speak"). And sometimes François Gagnon or Pierre McGuire as guests. I like the morning team (Cassavant, Star and Price), I like Tony Marinero and Melnik - they do a good job

On the French side though - you have Michel Langevin in the morning (Sens fan) - then Michel Bergeron (ex Nordiques coach) then Michel Villeneuve (I heard he was affiliated to the Nordiques too - not sure) - that comment on the Montreal Canadiens. It seems like a race to dig the stupidest thing and make a story out of it. Ron Fournier and JC LAjoie, while they have their moments, are actually smart enough (and, I think, Hab fans enough) to understand where they need to stop. And I like Yvon Pedneault a lot more on radio then I did on TV.
there are probably 10 french journalists for each english journalist , that are covering the Habs season . So , it's normal that you heard 10 x more stupid comments from the french medias .

Old
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
there are probably 10 french journalists for each english journalist , that are covering the Habs season . So , it's normal that you heard 10 x more stupid comments from the french medias .
The level of competition is a topic on its own, an interesting one, but not one that we'll ever be able to talk about here.

On the English side, if you want sports talk, you have 1 place to go. It's decent coverage but no real options. In print, it's a weak market, poorly covered but with little reason to improve.

Old
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:

"Foreign snooty language"? Oh yeah? Ben, mange d'la marde d'abord!

Old
09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
"Foreign snooty language"? Oh yeah? Ben, mange d'la marde d'abord!
He said something that's not in english!

GET EM BOYS!

Old
09-22-2008, 03:16 PM
mcphee

Quote:

GET EM BOYS!
wish I had time, but I'm busy with unwarranted corporal punishment.

Old
09-22-2008, 03:17 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

GET EM BOYS!
french is forbiden . But it isn't french either .

Old
09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
french is forbiden . But it isn't french either .
Are you talkin' in french son?

Because I have my anti-french whacking stick ready. Faqueeee... fais attention à toé!*

*Oh crap!

Old
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Beakermania*

Arggh...

Vote for the Next thread:

Koivu is not a good captain because he doesn't speak french

or

Can the habs trade for Lecavalier?

Closed Thread