HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Evgeny Grachev Inked

Old
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Grachev is a great talent -- and his skating isn't really flawed. He is very square though as a player.

Like he is the prototype of a player who 5-10 years ago would be ranked top 5 overall gooing into the draft his draft year -- and then drop as the year processed and finnish up like 25th overall or something.

I am actually not all that high on Grachev. Like he is not at a Tyutin or Anisimov level really. He is very strong, he got great hands and allot of moves in him. He is a smooth and flashy skater -- while he might not cover a ton of ice -- and he is good in the attacking zone. But from the little I've seen he doesn't have a complete game yet -- and that gets more and more worriesome as every day pass by.

My point is only that we should be realistic when it comes to Grachev. Like he got great potential -- but any player who isn't really putting everything together at this day and age won't get far at all. So he doesn't have a high low level.
He may not have a complete game, but he is 18 years old. Plenty of time for him to round out his game.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 05:38 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Voted Grachev

Remove Jessiman

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 05:53 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He may not have a complete game, but he is 18 years old. Plenty of time for him to round out his game.
exactly what i was thinking....he was just drafted.....give him time still...cause hes got plenty of it.....

also..the rangers saw enough in his game to offer him a contract already...something they didnt have to do...i tend to trust them in that dept

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote