HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Prospect Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
He retired? I didn't think he had enough time on to retire. If that is the Lohr I'm thinking of.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
He retired? I didn't think he had enough time on to retire. If that is the Lohr I'm thinking of.
Yeah he's only 55 but he retired almost two years ago. He was messed up pretty bad after a couple altercations over the last six or so years so they kind of bought him out. If you know Keith, he's not the pencil pushing kind of guy.

Old
07-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Was he a police officer or a Firefighter? There is a Lohr on the F.D., but is your brother a cop?

I'll check into this tomorrow.

Old
07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Was he a police officer or a Firefighter? There is a Lohr on the F.D., but is your brother a cop?

I'll check into this tomorrow.
Keith was a cop. Been on the force since 76.

Old
07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
If Wilson is too small to be an NHL Dman, then Russell's days are numbered.
I've mentioned it before... wouldn't surprise me to see Kris sent off in a trade.
Howson and Hitch didn't develop him, and even as skilled as he is, he's small, and this is a team that has a new BIGGER & HARDER HITTING identity.
Hitchcock's point about Wilson was that his skill set was more suited as a forward and with two players the size of he and Russell that becomes a huge problem in road matchups.

If I can interpret between the lines it was more intended that Wilson's defensive skills are less than those of Russell and that Russell's offensive skills are better than Wilson. So essentially Wilson could be a very good PP guy or a guy like Streit (even mentioned that at the Q&A). Maybe good enough to get the matchups at home but not on the road.

Old
07-11-2008, 07:35 PM
score

I will be checking in here more now that there seems to be some knowledgable Jackets fans involved, thanks for your input and I hope to be able to chime in myself when I can.
Thanks for the research Mc, I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts.

score

Old
07-11-2008, 07:47 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
I will be checking in here more now that there seems to be some knowledgable Jackets fans involved, thanks for your input and I hope to be able to chime in myself when I can.
Thanks for the research Mc, I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts.

score
to hell. Have some thick skin and a sense of humor. It will get you a long way here!!!

Old
07-11-2008, 08:06 PM
cbjpointman
It begins here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
If Wilson is too small to be an NHL Dman, then Russell's days are numbered.
I've mentioned it before... wouldn't surprise me to see Kris sent off in a trade.
Howson and Hitch didn't develop him, and even as skilled as he is, he's small, and this is a team that has a new BIGGER & HARDER HITTING identity.
JF, Hitch couldn't say enough good things at the Q&A about Russell. I don't think he's on the way out. He was specifically mentioned as one of the young skills guys who they have built a core to support (along with Brassard, Voracek), and that need to step up in the next year or two for us to become a good team. I think Wilson's move/switch is more based on what Hitch sees as a lower overall potential. Russell IS viewed as the PPQB of our future by the organization, IMO.

Old
07-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Have I missed it or has there not been an article on Voracek yet?

Old
07-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitbasketer743 View Post
Have I missed it or has there not been an article on Voracek yet?
Thought I saw something about it getting bumped to tomorrow.

Old
07-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Thought I saw something about it getting bumped to tomorrow.
It's been bumped like 9 times at this point.

Old
07-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
It's been bumped like 9 times at this point.
Maybe Voracek doesn't really exist. He's a figment of our imagination, like the boogie man. Or Nebraska. And THAT'S the story they don't want us to know, thus all the story bumping.

Old
07-12-2008, 08:14 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Maybe Voracek doesn't really exist. He's a figment of our imagination, like the boogie man. Or Nebraska. And THAT'S the story they don't want us to know, thus all the story bumping.
You mean like Area 51? Where's Mulder and Scully when you need them.

Old
07-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Voracek article finally up in the Dogpatch.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...K.html?sid=101

Old
07-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Kid is 202 now and will probably get even bigger.

Old
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Lennart Petrell

I see him listed at 38th on the list here but hockeysfuture doesn't even mention him among the Jackets prospects. Is he still part of the organization and are there plans for him to come over from Finland any time in the future?

Old
09-17-2008, 11:24 PM
MikeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVP View Post
I know that Clarkson is a top NCAA program but don't recall hearing much about him last year. Is he a legitimate prospect or just destined for the AHL?
Don't know how far he'll go...but an impressive resume

NCAA East Regional Team Selection, ECAC All-Star, 2nd-team All American.

[quote]A four-year standout at defense who help lead the Green and Gold resurgence which lifted the Clarkson Hockey program back among the nation’s elite … Helped the Golden Knights compile 78 victories from 2004-2008, two back-to-back 20-win campaigns (2006-07, 2007-08) for the first time in 10 seasons, an ECAC Hockey Tournament Championship (2007) and a conference regular season title (2008) along with making two consecutive showings in the NCAA Tournament (2007, 2008) for the first time since the late 1990s … An All-America and ECAC All-Star who capped off his collegiate career by helping to lead the Knights to one of the most successful seasons in the program’s 86-year history in 2007-08 with a 22-13-4 overall record, a first-place 15-4-3 ECAC Hockey mark and Clarkson’s first NCAA Tournament victory since 1996 … Tallied 73 career points on 16 goals and 57 assists through 150 games.

Old
09-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Don't know how far he'll go...but an impressive resume

NCAA East Regional Team Selection, ECAC All-Star, 2nd-team All American.

A four-year standout at defense who help lead the Green and Gold resurgence which lifted the Clarkson Hockey program back among the nation’s elite … Helped the Golden Knights compile 78 victories from 2004-2008, two back-to-back 20-win campaigns (2006-07, 2007-08) for the first time in 10 seasons, an ECAC Hockey Tournament Championship (2007) and a conference regular season title (2008) along with making two consecutive showings in the NCAA Tournament (2007, 2008) for the first time since the late 1990s … An All-America and ECAC All-Star who capped off his collegiate career by helping to lead the Knights to one of the most successful seasons in the program’s 86-year history in 2007-08 with a 22-13-4 overall record, a first-place 15-4-3 ECAC Hockey mark and Clarkson’s first NCAA Tournament victory since 1996 … Tallied 73 career points on 16 goals and 57 assists through 150 games.
Clitsome has been complimented many times by the CBJ brass for his composure and play at both ends of the ice. He appears to be a sleeper (I only say this due to his late round draft position) that seems headed for the NHL likely after a year or two in the AHL. thanks for the info.

Old
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Macster

Here are my early favourites for the 2009 draft. We need a stud blueliner, more than ever. With Brass, Jake, and Nik we are well on our way to having a star group of forwards.

If we have pick 1: Victor Hedman, D, Modo (Sweden)
- I really don't think our team is bad enough to be picking first overall, but if we are then Hedman is the guy.

If we pick 3rd through 8th: Jared Cowan, D Spokane Chiefs, (WHL)
- Cowan could go anywhere between 3 and 8, and is generally considered to be the number 2 blueliner behind Hedman.

If we pick 9th through 14th: Ryan Ellis, D, Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
- This is the higher range of teams that are out of the playoffs, and Ellis is a great choice here. I really like this guy, in fact he's my favourite prospect overall, from a Jackets standpoint. It's early, so he could go higher (or lower) but regardless of that I want this guy to be a Jacket.

If we pick 15th through 20th: Simon Despres, D, Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
- These are lower seeded playoff teams. Despres is a guy who I have seen play a fair amount, and he always impresses me with his poise and decision-making. He was drafted first overall in the Q last year.

If we pick 21st through 25th: Louis Leblanc, C, Omaha Lancers (USHL)
- He will likely be drafted higher, but Leblanc is a solid offensive player, he is taking a different route to the NHL. He was ranked very high in the Q draft, but decided to go the NCAA route, starting with the USHL.

If we pick 26th through 30th: Steve Anthony, C, Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
- Was highly touted growing up in the Halifax area, this year will go a long way to cement his status as a top prospect. The Sea Dogs will be one of the top teams in the Q this year, and Anthony will be a large part. We likely won't be picking this late in the draft.

Again, my CBJ favourite is Ryan Ellis.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
WrightOn

Ouch.

So Mason has reinjured himself and is having surgery right about now on his knee.

Out for 4-6 weeks.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/09..._surgery.shtml

Well then. They really need to cut all these injuries out of hockey. Somebody bring that up at the next Governor's meeting.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn View Post
Ouch.

So Mason has reinjured himself and is having surgery right about now on his knee.

Out for 4-6 weeks.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/09..._surgery.shtml

Well then. They really need to cut all these injuries out of hockey. Somebody bring that up at the next Governor's meeting.

Come on! Norrena better be in the right mind and ready to go.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post

Come on! Norrena better be in the right mind and ready to go.
Yep. That's the case though regardless if Mason is hurt or not. Mason wasn't gonna back up LeClaire this year.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn View Post
Yep. That's the case though regardless if Mason is hurt or not. Mason wasn't gonna back up LeClaire this year.
But now we have pretty much 0 insurance behind him.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

4-6 weeks is worst case scenario. Means barring further setbacks Mason really shouldn't miss to much time in the Cuse.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
But now we have pretty much 0 insurance behind him.
It's 4-6 weeks worse case. And Dan LaCosta can backup if we are bitten deeper. I'm not that worried.

Closed Thread