HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hugh Jessimen

Old
09-22-2008, 10:59 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Its a known fact that PFW take time to develop.

Plus he had a pretty bad injury he came back from. Give him time.
I am willing to give him another 35 years but it probably won't make the slightest difference. At this point I'm beginning to think that he has a better shot of being an MSG usher than an NHL player.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:03 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Time is almost up. Jessiman becomes a UFA at the end of the season. We'll see how much interest there is in the only 1st rounder from his draft year not have played in the NHL.
detroit will sign him and he'll score 40 goals

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
yer right. hell score 40. itll take him like 10 years but hell eventually get there. maybe.

guys a stiff. his skating is weak. even for a big man. always was. problem is, hes the same player today as he was when he was ugh..... drafted.

he played at dartmouth for gods sake......

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
What evidence is there to support that view?

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
yer right. hell score 40. itll take him like 10 years but hell eventually get there. maybe.

guys a stiff. his skating is weak. even for a big man. always was. problem is, hes the same player today as he was when he was ugh..... drafted.

he played at dartmouth for gods sake......
Where Jessiman played in college has nothing to do with his progress, or lack there of, at this point.

Zaba came out of the Colorado College program for g-ds sake. And all he's doing is shooting up the depth chart.

Old
09-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Where Jessiman played in college has nothing to do with his progress, or lack there of, at this point.

Zaba came out of the Colorado College program for g-ds sake. And all he's doing is shooting up the depth chart.
CC has had a great program for awhile now, and they play in one if not the toughest conference in college hockey.

But yeah, it was never about Dartmouth, Lee Stempniak is proving that in St Louis.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 05:10 PM
NYR Viper

that injury killed him.......still think he might be a late bloomer but unless sather moves some redundant parts there is no way any of the younger players are going to play ever

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
that injury killed him.......still think he might be a late bloomer but unless sather moves some redundant parts there is no way any of the younger players are going to play ever
Is he made of paper?

That injury was quite some time ago and it was not a career ending injury by any means. Until he shows otherwise he is a vastly overrated bust.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
It feels like there's always one thread before the season where someone wishfully thinks about Hugh, but it always seems in vain. I can't see him ever making the team. The depth chart gets deeper by the season, and he hasn't improved enough to maintain his standing. He's an AHL 4th liner.... BUST.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
eco's bones

Judging by tonight--I think his skating has improved. He's not as awkward as last year. Better along the boards and in the corners. This was IMO the thing he needed to improve the most.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:42 PM
NYR Viper

looks pretty good tonite.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Its a known fact that PFW take time to develop.

Plus he had a pretty bad injury he came back from. Give him time.
So is that this year's excuse or "explanation" of his development?

I was wondering what we'd roll out with for 08-09.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 09:18 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:

cc is a top 10 college hockey program. dartmouth um..... not so much.

where you play and against whom you play makes a lot of difference. period.

thats why you play major junior or at a top 20 college hockey school.

zaba is shooting up the depth chart? come on. shooting?

Old
09-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
cc is a top 10 college hockey program. dartmouth um..... not so much.

where you play and against whom you play makes a lot of difference. period.

thats why you play major junior or at a top 20 college hockey school.

zaba is shooting up the depth chart? come on. shooting?
Jessiman certainly didn't turn pro yesterday, he's been in the system for three years now--it really doesn't matter anymore where he went to college.
And yes, I do think Zaba is doing well. Valliquette is UFA after this season and there is a lot of room in the organization for a goalie with some talent.

Old
09-24-2008, 01:27 AM
ihatenewjersey

im happy he's finally getting some recognition. hopefully now we can pawn him off on someone for a 3rd rounder

ihatenewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Nich

he looked pretty good last night. i def think he will be in hartford to start, but if he keeps up the progress he has made in the last two seasons, i can see him really challenging next year for a spot.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 09:20 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Jessiman certainly didn't turn pro yesterday, he's been in the system for three years now--it really doesn't matter anymore where he went to college.
And yes, I do think Zaba is doing well. Valliquette is UFA after this season and there is a lot of room in the organization for a goalie with some talent.
we drafted lafleur fairly high and hes still developing while playing major junior. vally is for now hanks backup although wiikman may be that guy next year. itll all depend on money. no surprise there.

zaba,although still young, doesnt have the cieling that lafleur has. long term, lafluer is the guy along with wiikman right now. i actually like what ive seen of wiikman.

zaba is a project who may yet develop.

as for huge specimin, we all want to see him do well. when he was drafted he was, atleast skill wise, below average given his lack of deveopment. coming out of ct prep and going to dartmouth was the reason for his slow progress. "late bloomer" he was called.. he was drafted on POTENTIAL. he was called a boom or bust project on draft day. too big to pass up. a home run or a strike out. so far, hes been just that.

but each year he doesnt make the nhl, is another year that he is pushed back on the organizational depth chart. he needs to score goals in the A this year and make a statement or hes history.

Old
09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Judging by tonight--I think his skating has improved. He's not as awkward as last year. Better along the boards and in the corners. This was IMO the thing he needed to improve the most.
That's what I noticed as well. Seems much stronger on his skates. Last preseason, his legs wobbled whenever he got hit. He also made a few nice plays around the goal.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 11:08 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
we drafted lafleur fairly high and hes still developing while playing major junior.
Lafleur had an awful year last year and is currently without a junior team to play for. He will likely end up in Charlotte.

Zaba will probably be the backup in Hartford.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Fletch

I can't say what will happen with Jessiman, but a guy like Voros score 11 goals in hte AHL when he was about 23 years old - Jessiman score 18. Voros' first NHL game was played when he was 26 years old. Jessiman is currently 24. What am I trying to say? That perhaps this isn't the year, and it may not be the organization, but people have started careers later in life (although perhaps we should wait to see if Voros is beginning his career).

Having said that, Jessiman seems to have several problems. He has the ability to be physical - just doesn't do it enough. He can actually handle the puck pretty well, but just can't always do it well long enough. He has a decent shot, but can't seem to use it enough. He's a decent skater and he has decent size. The mechanics seem to be off, but he does seem to improve year after year - I don't see enough of hockey players go from the ECHL toplaying limited AHL time to playing regular AHL time to continuing to improve at the AHL level to playing in the NHL for the first time at age 26 to make a judgement as to whether or not Jessiman will do that. I can say that his time isn't now.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I can't say what will happen with Jessiman, but a guy like Voros score 11 goals in hte AHL when he was about 23 years old - Jessiman score 18. Voros' first NHL game was played when he was 26 years old. Jessiman is currently 24. What am I trying to say? That perhaps this isn't the year, and it may not be the organization, but people have started careers later in life (although perhaps we should wait to see if Voros is beginning his career).

Having said that, Jessiman seems to have several problems. He has the ability to be physical - just doesn't do it enough. He can actually handle the puck pretty well, but just can't always do it well long enough. He has a decent shot, but can't seem to use it enough. He's a decent skater and he has decent size. The mechanics seem to be off, but he does seem to improve year after year - I don't see enough of hockey players go from the ECHL toplaying limited AHL time to playing regular AHL time to continuing to improve at the AHL level to playing in the NHL for the first time at age 26 to make a judgement as to whether or not Jessiman will do that. I can say that his time isn't now.
Which then gets back to the old question of how much development time do you give him to maybe become a fourth liner?

That's the problem he'll run into with the Rangers. He may make it a fourth liner someday, but it'll probably be with his second or third organization.

Having said that, if he wants to be that kind of player I think he'll have to start doing something consistently. If that means banging, fighting, etc. than so be it.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote