HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Could the HABS draft Travis Zajac?

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2004, 01:53 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Fan
This is a MYTH !!!!

Kovalchuk is very far than a selfish player. NHL CENTER ICE : 200$ for a full year & you get to see 90% of the NHL games.
I wasn't saying it's a bad thing that he's selfish, because whether or not you want to admit it, he IS selfish, he always looks to shoot first, and will do so from anywhere on the ice, however, I don't mind that, he has a terrific shot, and i'd rather he shoot than pass if i'm the coach...but this doesn't make him a bad player

Old
06-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I wasn't saying it's a bad thing that he's selfish, because whether or not you want to admit it, he IS selfish, he always looks to shoot first, and will do so from anywhere on the ice, however, I don't mind that, he has a terrific shot, and i'd rather he shoot than pass if i'm the coach...but this doesn't make him a bad player
We dont have the same definition of selfishness then.

Kovalchuk got often a scoring opportunity to shoot so would you prefer '' la Bulis'' to make another pass & miss an opportunity ?

Kovalchuk is a superb passer & coach Hartley usually put him on the 2nd line because he elevate the other teammates of 1 notch up but when you don't have the talent to match Kovalchuk you are often trap to shoot more than passing.

Old
06-25-2004, 03:04 PM

Quote:
We dont have the same definition of selfishness then.

Kovalchuk got often a scoring opportunity to shoot so would you prefer '' la Bulis'' to make another pass & miss an opportunity ?

Kovalchuk is a superb passer & coach Hartley usually put him on the 2nd line because he elevate the other teammates of 1 notch up but when you don't have the talent to match Kovalchuk you are often trap to shoot more than passing.
I think your misunderstanding me...what i'm trying to say is that Kovalchuck always thinks to shoot first, he is no doubt a great passer as i've seen him make several beautiful passes to his teamates on many occasions, but if Kovalchuk is on a 2 on 1 there's no doubt what he's going to do, i'd be surprised if he even looks at the other player...and that's ok, Kovalchuk has the heaviest wrist/snap shot in the league IMO and he can let it go from anywhere, so why would he pass?

Richard Zednik has the same type of mentality but there's a huge difference between the both..not to mention that when Kovalchuk does decide to pass, he's miles ahead of Zednik in the accuracy of his passes...but that's just not Kovalchuk's game, he's a shoot first ask questions later type of player, and I absolutely love that about him

Old
06-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Russian Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I think your misunderstanding me...what i'm trying to say is that Kovalchuck always thinks to shoot first, he is no doubt a great passer as i've seen him make several beautiful passes to his teamates on many occasions, but if Kovalchuk is on a 2 on 1 there's no doubt what he's going to do, i'd be surprised if he even looks at the other player...and that's ok, Kovalchuk has the heaviest wrist/snap shot in the league IMO and he can let it go from anywhere, so why would he pass?

Richard Zednik has the same type of mentality but there's a huge difference between the both..not to mention that when Kovalchuk does decide to pass, he's miles ahead of Zednik in the accuracy of his passes...but that's just not Kovalchuk's game, he's a shoot first ask questions later type of player, and I absolutely love that about him
We probably think close to the same thing but we explain it differently. I dont agree with Zednik-Kovalchuk mentality because I truly think Zednik is selfish & he shoots because he does not have the hockey smarts to do otherwise unless Kovalchuk shoots often because he's accurate & surprising to many goalies.

Old
06-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Sam I Am

Bring on Alexander Radulov.

My guess is he will be gone long before 18th but if not you will not see Savard/Timmons pass on him...unless Picard is also available.

Then it's a toss.

Old
06-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Russian Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
Bring on Alexander Radulov.

My guess is he will be gone long before 18th but if not you will not see Savard/Timmons pass on him...unless Picard is also available.

Then it's a toss.
It's a VERY VERY VERY funny draft. We hear some players like Travis Zajac in the top 15 .

Bruce Graham top 20

I have a hard time seeing Radulov in the top 10 , not that he's not good or not worth a top 10 pick but because I see #1-2 & after that there seems to be a 8-9 players in this group & after that WIDE OPEN.

Radulov could be from 12th to 25th

I won't have that much success as 2003 with my prediction. It's a real tough one.

Old
06-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Sam I Am

Let's hope he slips to 18th then...Habs are certainly short on skill up front.

Old
06-25-2004, 04:49 PM

Quote:
We probably think close to the same thing but we explain it differently. I dont agree with Zednik-Kovalchuk mentality because I truly think Zednik is selfish & he shoots because he does not have the hockey smarts to do otherwise unless Kovalchuk shoots often because he's accurate & surprising to many goalies.
Yeah, that's true, Zednik just shoots all the time cause he dosen't know any better...Kovalchuk shoots all the time cause goalies can't stop him...I see what you mean

Closed Thread