HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Milan Lucic Marc Savard Michael Ryder

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
  #176
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I want Bergeron healthy. Mainly because I want Komi to knock him into next Tuesday. Then I want him to get up, however slowly.

If Larry Robinson meets Terry O'Reilly in a bar they're going to laugh and argue over who pays that night. When the game's over, it's over.
My now best friend and best man at my wedding is a guy I grew up hating because we always played on rival minor hockey teams.
When the game ended, we bought each other a beer, and tried not to show the aches and pains.

cneely is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:21 PM
  #177
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
We know your act. Talking down to folks is your M.O.

Obviously I bother you since you keep replying to my posts all over the place.
haha, yea I spose. Color me labeled.

See your peers saying you're out of line? Probably a good hint.

I try to only talk down/shootoff to people on the main board who irk me, or post how they'd like to see a very good player injured and put out of the sport in a thread dedicated to his return after a serious injury. Sometimes sinking down to their level in response is great therapy

Believe me, I'm no saint nor do I claim to be. Hell I just made a reference to Habs fans on our board that alludes to them being light in the loafers, but that's all in good fun. Am I stupid enough to make the same comment here, no.

And no, you really don't bother me. You're fun to respond to because the more I keep you talking, the worse you look. Other then that, I know what your stance is on this issue and really I think that line of thought puts you outside the realm of being serious response worthy.

Kaoz is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:23 PM
  #178
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
There is so.

Of course, the same can be said about this board, or any other board on this site when it comes to hated rivals.

Just how it works.

Hell, check the main board about Bergerons return. I believe it was a Habs fan that said they hate his face, want Jones to end his career this season, etc....

It's pretty silly really, but most of us are guilty of over reactions or stupid behavior at some time. Not many are exempt.
But.. but.. he's a puny frenchy right.. so y'all should be happy to have him run over!

Edit:

Edit 2: I was very happy to see Bergeron back. And was very concerned for him during his recovery.

AD is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:26 PM
  #179
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Two of my best friends are Bruins fans. I've won many a beer and free dinner at their expense due to the team they chose to cheer for
You would ditch them for Hab fan friends though wouldn't you ?

I was at a sales conference in June. 2 Bostonians were there, a early 20ish guy and another guy mid to late 40's. I started talking sports, I was giving the young guy a hard time because he hadn't head of Bill Lee.

The older guy was slow to lossen up because he seemed wary of me being a Hab fan. I think he expected me to sprout horns at any second.

mcphee is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:26 PM
  #180
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
haha, yea I spose. Color me labeled.

See your peers saying you're out of line? Probably a good hint.
These people are not my peers. This is just an internet message board. Get real.


Quote:
And no, you really don't bother me. You're fun to respond to because the more I keep you talking, the worse you look. Other then that, I know what your stance is on this issue and really I think that line of thought puts you outside the realm of being serious response worthy.
Gee, but you keep replying.

AH is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
  #181
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
But.. but.. he's a puny frenchy right.. so y'all should be happy to have him run over!

Edit:

Edit 2: I was very happy to see Bergeron back. And was very concerned for him during his recovery.
I like French folks, they give us some pretty darn good food recipes (and likely other stuff too)!

Edit:

Edit 2: I really am not racist, I hate everyone equally.

Edit 3:

Kaoz is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:28 PM
  #182
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
That's where you are wrong. He is assuming the risk of playing again. If he plays with higher risk, then he is responsible, no one else and I for one have little sympathy for the consequences. Sort of like the mortgage meltdown in the US. Not enough blame is going at the home owners for taking on mortgages they couldn't afford. Everyone is blaming the corrupt enablers. In Bergeron's case the enablers would be the doctors and 'his love of the game'.

And again you are wrong. I never wished him injury (well maybe a beat down at some point, but nothing serious like what transpired). He didnt end up with poor health. That's my point.
I'm not talking about him playing hockey. He more susceptible whether he plays or not. Misjudge a high fly ball in his summer softball game, and he could end up with another brain injury.

cneely is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
  #183
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
I'm not talking about him playing hockey. He more susceptible whether he plays or not. Misjudge a high fly ball in his summer softball game, and he could end up with another brain injury.
Then he SHOULD NOT be playing. It's his risk and I can't be emotionally blackmailed into feeling sorry for him if things go bad. I am sorry but I am simply not wired that way.

A real life bleeding heart Lib, I am not.

AH is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
  #184
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You would ditch them for Hab fan friends though wouldn't you ?
Then how the hell am I going to get treated for beers and dinner?

Psycho Papa Joe is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
  #185
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Then how the hell am I going to get treated for beers and dinner?
AD and Fido are pretty generous guys.

mcphee is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
  #186
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
These people are not my peers. This is just an internet message board. Get real.
You are right. I looked up the definition:

Peer
- a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- people who are the same age as you or who have the same status as you.

Labeling them your peers put them on your level, and for that I owe the other Habs fans here an apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Gee, but you keep replying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz
And no, you really don't bother me. You're fun to respond to because the more I keep you talking, the worse you look.
And it still holds true, but the point has been proven and again so I find myself saying you're right once again. You need no more responses. No sense running this thread into the ground.

Kaoz is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
  #187
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Then he SHOULD NOT be playing. It's his risk and I can't be emotionally blackmailed into feeling sorry for him if things go bad. I am sorry but I am simply not wired that way.

A real life bleeding heart Lib, I am not.
I guess you aren't following. C'est la vie.
I'm saying that this injury, however marginally in your eyes, has effected his quality of life off ice. Whether or not he should play hockey is a completely different arguement.

I'm not asking you to feel sorry for him, but you should be respectfull.

cneely is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
  #188
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,303
vCash: 500
This ones on time out

montreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.