HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Milan Lucic Marc Savard Michael Ryder

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
cneely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I want Bergeron healthy. Mainly because I want Komi to knock him into next Tuesday. Then I want him to get up, however slowly.

If Larry Robinson meets Terry O'Reilly in a bar they're going to laugh and argue over who pays that night. When the game's over, it's over.
My now best friend and best man at my wedding is a guy I grew up hating because we always played on rival minor hockey teams.
When the game ended, we bought each other a beer, and tried not to show the aches and pains.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
We know your act. Talking down to folks is your M.O.

Obviously I bother you since you keep replying to my posts all over the place.
haha, yea I spose. Color me labeled.

See your peers saying you're out of line? Probably a good hint.

I try to only talk down/shootoff to people on the main board who irk me, or post how they'd like to see a very good player injured and put out of the sport in a thread dedicated to his return after a serious injury. Sometimes sinking down to their level in response is great therapy

Believe me, I'm no saint nor do I claim to be. Hell I just made a reference to Habs fans on our board that alludes to them being light in the loafers, but that's all in good fun. Am I stupid enough to make the same comment here, no.

And no, you really don't bother me. You're fun to respond to because the more I keep you talking, the worse you look. Other then that, I know what your stance is on this issue and really I think that line of thought puts you outside the realm of being serious response worthy.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:23 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
There is so.

Of course, the same can be said about this board, or any other board on this site when it comes to hated rivals.

Just how it works.

Hell, check the main board about Bergerons return. I believe it was a Habs fan that said they hate his face, want Jones to end his career this season, etc....

It's pretty silly really, but most of us are guilty of over reactions or stupid behavior at some time. Not many are exempt.
But.. but.. he's a puny frenchy right.. so y'all should be happy to have him run over!

Edit:

Edit 2: I was very happy to see Bergeron back. And was very concerned for him during his recovery.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:26 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Two of my best friends are Bruins fans. I've won many a beer and free dinner at their expense due to the team they chose to cheer for
You would ditch them for Hab fan friends though wouldn't you ?

I was at a sales conference in June. 2 Bostonians were there, a early 20ish guy and another guy mid to late 40's. I started talking sports, I was giving the young guy a hard time because he hadn't head of Bill Lee.

The older guy was slow to lossen up because he seemed wary of me being a Hab fan. I think he expected me to sprout horns at any second.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:26 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
haha, yea I spose. Color me labeled.

See your peers saying you're out of line? Probably a good hint.
These people are not my peers. This is just an internet message board. Get real.

Quote:
And no, you really don't bother me. You're fun to respond to because the more I keep you talking, the worse you look. Other then that, I know what your stance is on this issue and really I think that line of thought puts you outside the realm of being serious response worthy.
Gee, but you keep replying.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
But.. but.. he's a puny frenchy right.. so y'all should be happy to have him run over!

Edit:

Edit 2: I was very happy to see Bergeron back. And was very concerned for him during his recovery.
I like French folks, they give us some pretty darn good food recipes (and likely other stuff too)!

Edit:

Edit 2: I really am not racist, I hate everyone equally.

Edit 3:

Old
09-24-2008, 02:28 PM
cneely

Quote:
That's where you are wrong. He is assuming the risk of playing again. If he plays with higher risk, then he is responsible, no one else and I for one have little sympathy for the consequences. Sort of like the mortgage meltdown in the US. Not enough blame is going at the home owners for taking on mortgages they couldn't afford. Everyone is blaming the corrupt enablers. In Bergeron's case the enablers would be the doctors and 'his love of the game'.

And again you are wrong. I never wished him injury (well maybe a beat down at some point, but nothing serious like what transpired). He didnt end up with poor health. That's my point.
I'm not talking about him playing hockey. He more susceptible whether he plays or not. Misjudge a high fly ball in his summer softball game, and he could end up with another brain injury.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
I'm not talking about him playing hockey. He more susceptible whether he plays or not. Misjudge a high fly ball in his summer softball game, and he could end up with another brain injury.
Then he SHOULD NOT be playing. It's his risk and I can't be emotionally blackmailed into feeling sorry for him if things go bad. I am sorry but I am simply not wired that way.

A real life bleeding heart Lib, I am not.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You would ditch them for Hab fan friends though wouldn't you ?
Then how the hell am I going to get treated for beers and dinner?

Old
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Then how the hell am I going to get treated for beers and dinner?
AD and Fido are pretty generous guys.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
These people are not my peers. This is just an internet message board. Get real.
You are right. I looked up the definition:

Peer
- a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- people who are the same age as you or who have the same status as you.

Labeling them your peers put them on your level, and for that I owe the other Habs fans here an apology.

Quote:
Gee, but you keep replying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz
And no, you really don't bother me. You're fun to respond to because the more I keep you talking, the worse you look.
And it still holds true, but the point has been proven and again so I find myself saying you're right once again. You need no more responses. No sense running this thread into the ground.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
cneely

Quote:
Then he SHOULD NOT be playing. It's his risk and I can't be emotionally blackmailed into feeling sorry for him if things go bad. I am sorry but I am simply not wired that way.

A real life bleeding heart Lib, I am not.
I guess you aren't following. C'est la vie.
I'm saying that this injury, however marginally in your eyes, has effected his quality of life off ice. Whether or not he should play hockey is a completely different arguement.

I'm not asking you to feel sorry for him, but you should be respectfull.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

This ones on time out

Closed Thread