HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec

Old
09-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Well he kinda falls off everyone's radar because he's suppose to be a 2-way player and his offensive side is often forgotten. But he has one of the most precise shots in the team, combine that with great speed and great vision and you've got a consistent 70-80 points player.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 03:14 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Well he kinda falls off everyone's radar because he's suppose to be a 2-way player and his offensive side is often forgotten. But he has one of the most precise shots in the team, combine that with great speed and great vision and you've got a consistent 70-80 points player.
Exactly, he's almost robotic. Great player, one of my favorites.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 03:42 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

1st year 30 pts
2nd year 50 pts
3rd year 70 pts

nope, doesnt look like a fluke to me...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 06:24 AM
ReVeuF

4th year = around 90 pts ???

Yeah i wish that, who knows what can happen this season.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post

Actually he is the smartest offensive player we have very tricky and getting each experience and move in his bank, this guy will progress for a good few years still.
IMO sky is the limit.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 008 View Post
Nice. That's the kind of info I was looking for.

I was struggling to choose between Sakic and Plekanec but I might just go with Pleks if that's the case.
For a keeper league, yes! Definitely go with Plekanec. I voted for him to be the Habs leading goal scorer this year in a poll on this board... His shooting skills are very underrated. I think 40 goals isn't out of question at all.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

This guy just keeps getting better,I think he will pass the 69 points.Should get alot of ice time too and lots of pp and pk time

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 008 View Post
Hey guys. Just wondering if Tomas Plekanec's numbers last year were a fluke. He jumped from 47 points two seasons ago to 69 points last year. Does anyone think he'll repeat those numbers?

I don't get to watch the Habs very often so any advice would help.
Thanks in advance.
expect 70+ points from a healthy plekanec. He really isnt a fluke... its all natural progression on his part. He has strong anticipation, good speed, deceptive shot, and good vision. You cant teach that stuff.

With the ability set that he has, you will find him on the ice for all sorts of situations. Take him with confidence if you're looking for a 70+ point guy.... I actually predict him to be the habs leading scorer TBH.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Erika

Hehe, it's amazing how good Plekanec has become. I remember a few years ago when people wanted to trade him, because they thought that he wasn't NHL material, that he was the odd man out among our prospects system at that time...

I think it was between Plekanec, Balej or something.

Plekanec will put around 70-85 this year, no doubt. He is the number 1 center of this team now.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 01:03 PM
marvelousmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Hehe, it's amazing how good Plekanec has become. I remember a few years ago when people wanted to trade him, because they thought that he wasn't NHL material, that he was the odd man out among our prospects system at that time...

I think it was between Plekanec, Balej or something.

Plekanec will put around 70-85 this year, no doubt. He is the number 1 center of this team now.

I don't think people wanted to trade him, they were more seeing him centering our 3rd line because of his smart two-way play. I for one, has always admired the guy's work ethic and always believed he would become a good NHL player. However, I never thought he would reach the level he is reaching now..

Plekanec surpassed everyone's expectations, the way he improved and developed his offensive game is just impressive. That certainly has to do with his increased level of confidence. I think we can all remember the first time he was paired with Kovalev, he was not confident at all and it showed in his poor play. Last year, he was confident and had an amazing season playing with Kovalev.

Plekanec became a world-class player, and he knows it. He's one special player, probably becoming one of the most versatile and well-rounded players in the NHL. He can be effective in all type of situations, may it be PK, PP or 5on5, you name it.

We can thank the Rangers' organization and Sather for choosing Balej over him in the Kovalev trade.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 04:07 PM
24morecupsthanyou*

for fantasy purposes...there are only a handful of guys (at the start of the season) that i would target at the draft table:

kovalev
plekanec
a.kost
price
markov
tanguay

i'm sure higgins, koivu and perhaps s.kost and lang will be become fantasy relevant later in the year...

24morecupsthanyou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Koivu is key fantasywise - guarenteed hooking penalty every game

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou* View Post
for fantasy purposes...there are only a handful of guys (at the start of the season) that i would target at the draft table:

kovalev
plekanec
a.kost
price
markov
tanguay

i'm sure higgins, koivu and perhaps s.kost and lang will be become fantasy relevant later in the year...
ive got Pleks, Higgins and Koivu

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote