HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

O'Sullivan SIGNED! - 3 Years / $2.925MM per year

Old
09-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
well why is he not signed ? Lombardi made offers to him that's a fact
I am sure he did make offers. But should O'Sullivan accept an offer of $1.8 million/year (speculated figure) when his peers are making about $3 million?

I would imagine that if you are due a raise at work and it is significantly less than what you believe you are worth that you would explore every option that you could to do what is best for you and your future........right?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Builditagain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
well why is he not signed ? Lombardi made offers to him that's a fact
And I thought he was being sarcastic.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
KingPuckChoo

well O'Sullivan is worth 2-2.5 max ! you guys might like the Jeff Finger type contracts..but our teams are being owned by players.

KingPuckChoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan67 View Post
hey all....long time reader,

I have been told by reliable sources that the two deal from the kings have been as follows

2 years @ $1.8/yr

3 years @ $2.1/yr

The kings play in Denver tonight I believe and O'Sullivan is staying there for the time being. I would suspect Hextall or Lombardi will be seeking some face to face time.
lol...

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 01:45 PM
not tellin*

i heard by a reliable source today that o'sullivan was down on sunset getting a KHL tattoo on his arse.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 02:35 PM
ciccarelli80

So the Kings are offering Sully $6.3 million to play three years and he wants a contract that pays $4 million per season?!?

If that is true, I can see how they are not even close in their discussions...ugh!

ciccarelli80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 03:02 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

I have been told by reliable sources that the two deal from the kings have been as follows

2 years @ $1.8/yr

3 years @ $2.1/yr

The kings play in Denver tonight I believe and O'Sullivan is staying there for the time being. I would suspect Hextall or Lombardi will be seeking some face to face time.
I really hope that's not true, because those figures are completely unrealistic.

Stoll gets 4 years at 3.6M, and that's all Dean can offer PO? What a joke.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

frolov's sore groin may give OS more negotiating power

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
"The Patrick O'Sullivan saga continues, with the Kings and the restricted free-agent forward still far apart on the financial aspects of a new contract.

However, the Kings did have contact with O'Sullivan's agent, Pat Morris, after several days of silence.

"We talked today and will talk again tomorrow," Jeff Solomon, the Kings' director of hockey operations and legal affairs, said Monday night.

"Any dialogue is progress.""

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...0,501477.story
Setpember 7:

http://frozenroyalty.net/2008/09/07/...e-signed-soon/
Quote:
Indeed, the negotiations are now down to the final stage…hammering out the length of term and the money.

“I think we’ve gotten through the stage where we’re looking at comparable players, we’re looking at theories, we’re looking at the contracts they signed, the bargaining environment they signed in—based on the term they got, were they giving up arbitration years, were they giving up [unrestricted free agent] years—all of that has already been part of the discussions and we’ve gotten that out of the way,” Solomon stressed. “So that part’s good.”

Solomon fully expects to have O’Sullivan signed and on the ice for training camp as opposed to being a contract holdout.

“Often times, sides come together at the last minute in deals like this and I don’t think this is unusual at all, so I’m not even thinking about that right now,” said Solomon.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 03:26 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
lol.. why did i never see that icon before..

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
lakings41

It's tough to deal with how much of a joke franchise we really are. DL talks about ticket prices and being in a major market but we're treated as the worst franchise in the whole NHL. ****ing pathetic!

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 05:01 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
i heard by a reliable source today that o'sullivan was down on sunset getting a KHL tattoo on his arse.
sort of... it's KeyHoLe.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Super Berg

if their offer is $2.1 mill per then bye bye Sully for awhile...I think he will be a hold out...or be traded.

DL is trying to make an example of him?

Super Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 06:29 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Posted this on another thread...

Once the Kings are officially over the cap floor (which should be as soon as the Schneider deal is done) Lombardi will truly hold all the cards. And O'Sullivan and his agent can both sit on their ***** for as long as they want holding out for a contract that no team in the league is willing to offer. Meanwhile, Oscar Moller will tear it up on that first line with Kopitar and Brown and Kings' fans will slowly forget the headache that was Patrick O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan's agent needs to realize that this kind of crap isn't flying with Lombardi. Sully is expendable. Sorry, great player, but with kids like Purcell and Moller knocking on our top six's door, there's no way Sully is going to handcuff us with this holdout BS.

It's funny how everyone seems to be flabergasted that O'Sullivan hasn't signed an offer sheet yet. I'm sure he's received plenty, but none have been sufficient in Morris and co's eyes. O'Sullivan is asking for more than he's worth. It's as plain as day.

The more this drags on, the more it's obvious that the problem lies in Sully's camp rather than with Kings' management.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 07:44 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

Once the Kings are officially over the cap floor (which should be as soon as the Schneider deal is done) Lombardi will truly hold all the cards. And O'Sullivan and his agent can both sit on their ***** for as long as they want holding out for a contract that no team in the league is willing to offer. Meanwhile, Oscar Moller will tear it up on that first line with Kopitar and Brown and Kings' fans will slowly forget the headache that was Patrick O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan's agent needs to realize that this kind of crap isn't flying with Lombardi. Sully is expendable. Sorry, great player, but with kids like Purcell and Moller knocking on our top six's door, there's no way Sully is going to handcuff us with this holdout BS.

It's funny how everyone seems to be flabergasted that O'Sullivan hasn't signed an offer sheet yet. I'm sure he's received plenty, but none have been sufficient in Morris and co's eyes. O'Sullivan is asking for more than he's worth. It's as plain as day.

The more this drags on, the more it's obvious that the problem lies in Sully's camp rather than with Kings' management.
It's a good thing we have people on here who know hockey so they can tell us stuff like this.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

When should I expect the Schneider deal to be announced? I have a fantasy draft this Monday and this kind of inside information can be really helpful. TIA.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 10:49 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
When should I expect the Schneider deal to be announced? I have a fantasy draft this Monday and this kind of inside information can be really helpful. TIA.
As soon as you get your head out of your *** and remember you're a Kings' fan first, and Lombardi hater second.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Captain Ron

Tobias Enstrom just signed a 4 year extension at a reported $3.75 million/year. I believe he is very comparable to O'Sullivan (age, NHL experience, 1 good season) and yes I know Enstrom is a defenseman but their careers seem very similar right now. Does this help or hurt Patrick's position?

Old
09-24-2008, 11:01 PM
ciccarelli80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
Tobias Enstrom just signed a 4 year extension at a reported $3.75 million/year. I believe he is very comparable to O'Sullivan (age, NHL experience, 1 good season) and yes I know Enstrom is a defenseman but their careers seem very similar right now. Does this help or hurt Patrick's position?
I was thinking that it may be a similar comparison since he's also a young player with one good year. I think that helps O'Sullivan's position. The figure for Enstrom's contract is much closer to Sully's rumored demand than what the King's have been rumored to offer.

I'd hope that this gives them something to bring them closer together, but I think we're past that. According to Solomon, they've already done the player comparisons and just have to hammer out the years and $$$.

I don't see this happening any time soon.

Old
09-24-2008, 11:03 PM
ciccarelli80

At least Moulson looked good in Sully's spot...

Old
09-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciccarelli80 View Post
I was thinking that it may be a similar comparison since he's also a young player with one good year. I think that helps O'Sullivan's position. The figure for Enstrom's contract is much closer to Sully's rumored demand than what the King's have been rumored to offer.

I'd hope that this gives them something to bring them closer together, but I think we're past that. According to Solomon, they've already done the player comparisons and just have to hammer out the years and $$$.

I don't see this happening any time soon.
Probably so....but with a player from O'Sullivan's draft class with only one year of NHL experience getting a contract that big might show Dean that his methods are outdated. I mean is Atlanta destroying their future cap by giving Enstrom this contract or are they paying a young star what he deserves because he has shown the potential to be a very good player?

Old
09-24-2008, 11:10 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:

2 years @ $1.8/yr

3 years @ $2.1/yr

If this is true, AND I M*UST SAY THAT I AM HIGHLY SKEPTICAL OF IT, then the "Shill"
should be renamed "Jack@ss", and no one should ever believe anything this guy has to say ever again. EVER!!! those number are so low as to make the shill's reputation look generous. If true, and if I were O'Sullivan, I would be happy for face time with the Shill and Co to tell him right to his stupid mug what a schmuck he is!

It is unfotunate that we have a GM who is so pennywise and pound foolish that he cant see past his own short purse strings (and tenure?) to make this team grow an develop together while he is so busy watching out for Poor Phil's pocketbook.

If Sully aint signed by Opening Day, you will here me at every game that i do attend yelling until I'm horse: AEG, SELL THE TEAM !!!!
This a a pathetic organ-I-zation run by buffoons and retards

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 09-25-2008 at 12:10 AM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
Probably so....but with a player from O'Sullivan's draft class with only one year of NHL experience getting a contract that big might show Dean that his methods are outdated. I mean is Atlanta destroying their future cap by giving Enstrom this contract or are they paying a young star what he deserves because he has shown the potential to be a very good player?
Atlanta is in a much different situation. Which other young players of theirs are due for big paydays like Kopitar and company?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Atlanta is in a much different situation. Which other young players of theirs are due for big paydays like Kopitar and company?
The NHL operates as one business....not 30 separate businesses. If this case were in arbitration the mediator would definitely consider contracts given by other teams.....no matter what situation the teams are in. So the fact that Enstrom and O'Sullivan are at similar points in their respective careers either suggests that Atlanta is overpaying for Enstrom (the vast majority of people on the trade board do not see it this way) or that Lombardi is less willing to give young players big contracts than other NHL GM's are. So the way I see it is that either Dean is wrong or most of the other GM's are......

Old
09-24-2008, 11:47 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
1) Defenders are worth more than forwards
2) I would trade O'Sullivan any day for Enstrom

Now I do agree if those rumoured numbers are true they are way low. Enstrom is not the best comparison though as he play a different position, more valuable one, and had a better season.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote