HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn Brothers and beef with Grabovski?

Old
09-25-2008, 11:29 AM

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn Brothers and beef with Grabovski?

Listening to P.J. Stock & Tony M on Team 990 right now and they mentionned that Andrei & Sergei had beef with Grabovski from a situation that happened back home

Anyone hear of this before?

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I've heard of various tensions with Grabovski and the Kostitsyn brothers, and the other members of the team in general (apparently Grabovski was something of a loner in the room) but never anything more than that. I have to think the players didn't take to kindly on him ditching the team in Phoenix though.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Shabutie

stupid...Stories like this always make me laugh...What the **** does P.J Stock know? Does he talk to Andrei and Sergei?

Guys worse than Eklund...

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Listening to P.J. Stock & Tony M on Team 990 right now and they mentionned that Andrei & Sergei had beef with Grabovski from a situation that happened back home

Anyone hear of this before?
this summer or a year ago?

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:39 AM
znk

on a serious note I think we heard the same thing for some different source just after the Grabovski trade.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
stupid...Stories like this always make me laugh...What the **** does P.J Stock know? Does he talk to Andrei and Sergei?

Guys worse than Eklund...
The guy's an idiot, you ever see him beside Cherry? The guy is shameless. "Yes Yes you're right Don, what I said 2 seconds ago was totally wrong, yes yes, suck suck..."

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
this summer or a year ago?
They were both kind of vague in discussing the timeframes and what was the beef about...thats why i was hoping anyone here knew

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Souray44

Quote:
They were both kind of vague in discussing the timeframes and what was the beef about...thats why i was hoping anyone here knew
Probably because he's just spewing this because he knows people will listen and it makes for good gossip.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
No one could give you a concrete answer other than Grabovski or the Kost brother's themselves. Everything else is just heresay.

Grabovski was traded cuz he didn't fit in our system. We needed a big right handed center, which he obviously wasn't.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Tusk

I don't know about specific incidents, but I thought I heard that Grabovski doesn't really like to party, and the Kostitsyn's are quite the opposite and that helped create a rift.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Pascal

i heard something about that last season on HF, but no real source..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Great it's almost lunch break and all this talk about beef is making me hungry.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

i think grabz just didn't fit in with the habs players. he seems very happy in toronto. too bad though, he would have looked great on a line with the kostitsyn brothers had things worked out.

here's his goal from last night.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 12:09 PM
WestIslander

Yes, it's true and apparently that is the main reason that Grabovski was being shopped since the all star break of last year.

In my opinion, it was a brilliant move to send him packing to Toronto, now both brother can be happy Habs and hopefully Sergei will sign here in another two years like big brother did.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poony McBagelpoon View Post
i think grabz just didn't fit in with the habs players. he seems very happy in toronto. too bad though, he would have looked great on a line with the kostitsyn brothers had things worked out.
Would actually be fun if you could talk to us about the first 59 minutes where he was totally ineffective and borderline awful.

But then, if he picks it up and become great, good for the Leafs....or is it??? Grabovski's success that might come between the Leafs and the 1st pick.....that wouldn't be too funny.....

Again.....my suggestion from last year still stands....we should stick an ex-habs thread 'cause we'll still have people talking about Ribeiro and Theo and now add Grabovski, Ryder, Huet, Souray is back, Rivet with the Sabres.....One big thread for those guys please when the season starts.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 12:27 PM
number 11

The guy thought he was owed a roster spot on the habs because he was able to score some goals in the AHL, and even missed a team flight on purpose when he was scratched. That's why he was shipped to Toronto.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 12:39 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poony McBagelpoon View Post
i think grabz just didn't fit in with the habs players. he seems very happy in toronto. too bad though, he would have looked great on a line with the kostitsyn brothers had things worked out...
I don't think its a question of not fitting in with the players (if there is any merit to that speculation) but his lack of size and his place in the Habs depth chart at centre which made Grabovski expendable. He wasn't going to bump Plekanec or Koivu which means he would have been playing on the 3rd or 4th line, a role he's clearly not suited for.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 01:06 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
The guy thought he was owed a roster spot on the habs because he was able to score some goals in the AHL, and even missed a team flight on purpose when he was scratched. That's why he was shipped to Toronto.

not to mention he asked to be traded!

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
bl0ck

hey guys, i've been creeping this board for sometime now and thought i could give you a bit of info regarding this matter..

i was pretty good friends with a girl who dated grabovski for a while. The reason i got as to why grabs and andrei don't like each other was pretty juvenile. Apparently andrei was a puck hog and they didn't get along for that simple reason. I'am sure there is more to it but thats the main thing i got from it.

bl0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 01:12 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
No. He was traded because he didn't really fit into the habs system, he just wasn't what they needed. He is a great player and i bet he will prosper with the leafs.

Did he actually purposely miss that flight? I thought it came out that he had the flu and was told not to be around any other players..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

The king is dead; long live the King. Lang adds new dimensions to our roster and an ex-player (esp. on the Laughs) is just fit to be hung, drawn and quartered by Laraque and Co. the next time we meet.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 02:02 PM
couz

Apparently all the Russians on the team were distancing themselves from him after the stunt he pulled by showing his displeasure by missing a team flight or whatever.

i think its clear that Kovy in particular didn't like the fact a smug rookie is acting like he's beyong sitting out games etc..

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
bib
#believe

Rumor is he enjoyed taking Andrei's food

(Kudos to Montrealistic)

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
No. He was traded because he didn't really fit into the habs system, he just wasn't what they needed. He is a great player and i bet he will prosper with the leafs.

Did he actually purposely miss that flight? I thought it came out that he had the flu and was told not to be around any other players..

Yeah he missed the flight on purpose.. Went ahead to LA (?) to meet with his agent because he was scratched in Phoenix.

Vicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 03:15 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl0ck View Post
hey guys, i've been creeping this board for sometime now and thought i could give you a bit of info regarding this matter..

i was pretty good friends with a girl who dated grabovski for a while. The reason i got as to why grabs and andrei don't like each other was pretty juvenile. Apparently andrei was a puck hog and they didn't get along for that simple reason. I'am sure there is more to it but thats the main thing i got from it.
Welcome to the forums. I see this is your first post but you signed up about a year ago. You must have a ton of self control

Anyways, hope to see you posting more and thanks for the insider info. (Yeah I know he's a 1 post count guy but if he felt the need to post this as his one thing after a year, I don't c why he'd be lieing, also it wasn't like he said anything extremely farfetched)

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote