HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nedved Cut per Weinman (G. Moore, Anisimov, Weise, Pock, Parenteau as well)

Old
09-26-2008, 11:23 AM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
I guess Sam didnt notice..but Parenteau was cut it seems

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I still don't see what he did in his time here to get slammed the way he has been.
He's getting slammed by me because hes a lazy player and over the last 10 years i've really gotten sick of lazy, unmotivated players playing for our team.

That all nice he was able to throw together 3-4 good preseason games to try to get a contract, but that's not going to change how I feel about him.

If he makes another team, and plays a full season like he did with the rangers in the preaseson, i'll change my perspective on him.

Old
09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Dubinsky is more of a scoring threat than Drury, I think him and Zherdev could be scary good. Dubinsky is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Drury will put himself in front of the net for Naslund and Gomez.
I'd like to see Prucha on that third line with Korpikoski. if not trade him.
...so? The Rangers still end up as a 2 line team?

meh

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

meh

Those bottom 2 lines will score a lot more goals then the bottom 2 lines last season though..

Old
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Turambar

Quote:

meh
what more can you expect with the Rangers personnel? This team isn't exactly overflowing with prolific scorers and dynamic playmakers.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Levitate

I'm not expecting much out of the fourth line, I'd just rather not watch the third line struggle because we're trying to stack the top two lines.

I think three lines would do fine without moving Drury out of position

Old
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

so slats may have cally or korpedo play center on the 3rd line. interesting?

didnt cally play center a bit in last year camp? i think i remember he did and did ok.

line of voros cally and korpedo could be fun. fast and fiesty.

so long nedved, he played well actually but still hes 35 and we need to go younger.

cant wait to see korpedo this season.

i hope corey potter make this team too( howd you like to be baranka now- seein potter so close) while he sits in russia.

still think fritsche will make it over pap.

so far so good.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:34 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
Fletch I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think Nedved earned his shot, but my only logic that I could compile is that Korps beat him for the spot. A spot the Rangers were trying to insure themselves for by inviting Nedved to camp.
Bring Nedved in to make Korpedo work harder in camp?

That's an interesting thought, I wonder if that's what they were thinking.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
squishy

Quote:
Poor Pock, just needs to be traded.
Nobody wanted him when they could get him off waivers for free last year. What makes you think anyone will give up actual resources to get him?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Levitate

I wasn't actually thinking about getting anything for him. It was just a "poor guy needs a different team to give him a shot, he's never going to find room on the Rangers"

Old
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM
NYR Viper

parenteau was cut......and they kept rissmiller and sjostrom.....i just dont understand it.......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

so long nedved, he played well actually but still hes 35 and we need to go younger.
he's actually 36...but I heard them say he was 38 on the interview last night

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:40 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
parenteau was cut......and they kept rissmiller and sjostrom.....i just dont understand it.......
Very simple.

Rissmiller and Sjostrom both signed new contracts. Plus, they have to pass through waivers (I think).

Besides, do we really need Parenteau when we have Dawes, Callahan, Korpikoski, and Prucha.

Parenteau will get called up when one of these smaller guys gets hurt, and he'll have a shot to show what he can do.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Very simple.

Rissmiller and Sjostrom both signed new contracts. Plus, they have to pass through waivers (I think).

Besides, do we really need Parenteau when we have Dawes, Callahan, Korpikoski, and Prucha.

Parenteau will get called up when one of these smaller guys gets hurt, and he'll have a shot to show what he can do.
I don't think they pass through waivers if they're sent down before the season starts.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
free0717

We know Wiikman gets cut after Prague. Two more players get Cut. I say Potter goes down because he is too young for a 7th Dman.

Last player to get cut to get to 23 is Rismiller. Just a mistake to sign him.
Waive him and hopefully another team picks him up.

Same for Pock

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vitto79

I like the moves....Nedved had to go..............I guess they really hate Pock eh.............I think Potter deserves the spot but Fahey likely gets it since he's older....or I could be dead wrong and Potter will push Mara and Kalinen for time

I think the top 3 lines you see there is where it's at.........especially the top 2 that just makes total sense since it's there best 6 forwards

also Callahan and Korps are young and two way players , Voros adds size upfront and is still young too

I am thinking Petr Prucha will be dealt any day now..............I mean jesus if those lines stick you can't have a 1.6 million dollar player on the bench AND someone will take a chance for a pick

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Very simple.

i believe parenteau can not come up as he is on a one-way contract.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
To be honest, that's a weak lineup offensively after the first two lines.

I like Korpikoski and Callahan, and Voros has played pretty well, but I'd be surprised if that line scored many goals in the grand scheme of things. That's what I really liked about having Dubinsky as the third line center. Gives the team a lot more center and scoring depth. Moving Drury to the wing greatly weakens the depth at center
Dude , that is a great idea to have the top 6 forwards on the team Actually playing the top 6 spots........having Dubi on the 3rd line is just dumb........I mean depth fine but there are only so many minutes

Now Korpikoski can play .....he can score and is a good defender..............This guy is the new Dubi u watch............Callahan is real solid two way player as well...........AND you want D out of your 3rd line as they are the checking line...........Voros is a big body AND if they want more offense on it then just move up Sjostrom or Fritsche late in games

Betts has the final C spot as he is a good PK man.............I don't think Rissmiller stays opening day on that line and depending on the other teams lineup Orr just gets in when it's a big team with more tough guys as Voros can handle most teams alone...............

I like this team alot.............BUT Petr Prucha has to be moved if they are not going to play him..............AND I am a Prucha supporter

it's just like the Pock move.........just get rid of the poor guy if the won't play on this team............Pock could be picked up or just chill in Hartford for another full season...........

as for the 7th Dman spot , I think Potter is the best player but I think if they are going to bring a guy over that won't play much then it's Fahey..........is Kondratiev playing at all?

Old
09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Did i Miss a round of CUTS or something?..........when did they demote Parenteau, Deminsev, Kondratiev,etc.........

anyone have a link?>

Old
09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
My personal theory is that Nedved was given a chance to show his stuff as a favor from Sather. No way was he making this team, but I bet now some crappy team will pick him up within a few days and Petr will be again happily earning a NHL paycheck.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Fletch

Interesting set of lines...

when you see it like that, you say wow, those two top lines are actually pretty good. But then you say the two bottom lines will have more trouble scoring than the two bottom lines compared to last season. That's what happens when you move Dubi or Drury off the third line.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
My personal theory is that Nedved was given a chance to show his stuff as a favor from Sather. No way was he making this team, but I bet now some crappy team will pick him up within a few days and Petr will be again happily earning a NHL paycheck.
Not so sure. Nedved said the only NHL team he would play for is the Rangers.

09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Pierre Parenteau was a -3 yesterday. To be completely honest, he is a Jeff Hamilton v2.0 (or a Jason Krog).

While he has much better hands than a grinder, he just doesn't have the true everyday top 6 talent. He'll continue to shine in the AHL and he had some very decent showings in pre-season, but against a lot of his AHL brethren.

When you don't add grit and aren't really rock solidly defensively sound, it's hard to pencil in a spot in the lower two lines.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Not so sure. Nedved said the only NHL team he would play for is the Rangers.
Yes, if Nedved didn't make the Rangers squad, he already has a job lined up in Europe. Per him, it was Rangers or bust.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:00 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I wasn't a big fan of the tryout, but now I really don't understand it and think it may've taken away from others preparing for the season. I don't know what their expectation of Nedved was but by all accounts, he seemed to have met or exceeded what was being asked of him. So cutting him is kind of confusing. I'm fine with it, but it's almost like why was he here in the first place. What did he have to do to win a spot? Lead the team in points? This is a bit confusing to me. OK, he doesn't fit - where did they think he fit when they invited him to camp?
Fletch this team needs another 2nd line scorer...a real one, not Prucha. The tryout was in hopes that Nedved would fit in on that 2nd line and add scoring - something this team desperately needs.

To me Nedved got beat out by Korpi.

RANGERDIEHARD is offline   Reply With Quote