HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nedved Cut per Weinman (G. Moore, Anisimov, Weise, Pock, Parenteau as well)

Old
09-26-2008, 12:02 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
why is prucha still here? Why is Rismiller still here? Why isn't Pap here?

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:02 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Naslund-Gomez-Drury

Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev

Callahan-Korpikoski-Voros

Rissmiller-Betts-Orr

Sjostrom-Prucha-Fritsche

This I like. Prucha has not been able to put it together for Renney to play him as a regular, especially considering he gets knocked over every time he's touched. Sjo has no scoring touch and Fritche has been incosistant in his effort.

Korpedo looks like a potential lock, which is nice to see.

But I can see Rismiller, Orr and Callahan could be usurped by Prucha, Sjo or Fritche.

Renney is the MAN!!!!

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
We know Wiikman gets cut after Prague. Two more players get Cut. I say Potter goes down because he is too young for a 7th Dman.

Last player to get cut to get to 23 is Rismiller. Just a mistake to sign him.
Waive him and hopefully another team picks him up.

Same for Pock
Well I agree that Fahey will likely take the 7th spot with Potter being so young.........basically he is NHL ready to me but only when they will give him a full time spot .....next yr for sure on him with Mara and Kalinen FA's..............of course he is the first call up as well this yr as they will need him

As for the Forwards, the way it's going i'd rather have them just trade poor Prucha and his 1.6 over to the West coast like L.A. and let the damn kid play and get his scoring touch back

on this team I think the top 6 are the way they should be now........AND i love Korpikoski and I think he will do well on a line with Cally and either Voros for toughness and later in the game if they want to go straight speed and Defense they can move up Fritsche or Sjostrom

This also gives betts a few defensive minded fast forwards so the offense on the 4th line could be better.........thinking Orr gets in for one of those wingers when a team is real big and tough as Voros won't be enough in some games..............Rissmiller will sit on the bench alot but will likely still be on the roster unless Prucha is not moveable..........at 1.6 i don't think that is crazy and he will get moved for sure

with that Rozi enjoy beign the only czech in Prague to start the yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Not so sure. Nedved said the only NHL team he would play for is the Rangers.
People say a lot of things.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Geogaddi

Was hoping for Nedved to steal a spot, but hopefully Korpi is infact the one that steals that spot instead. Petr showed some great hustle out there and hope he has another great season in Europe.

It might be in another thread. But did Jessiman get sent down also? Because if so, then he has to go through waivers. Will be interesting to see if some other team takes a chance on him.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
I'm kind of hoping Kalinin is the 7 guy and Potter takes the 6 spot at least to start.

Midnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:43 PM
TomLaidlaw

What is our total cap hit if Korp makes the team? Are we gonna be able to fit him under the cap without trading/waiving someone? I know he has a pretty significant cap hit.

The Wolfpack are going to be very good this year.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
That's too bad really. I've always liked a good comeback story, and Petr's a good guy. It was nice to see the 93 out there for afew games but I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I still don't see what he did in his time here to get slammed the way he has been.
everyone on the talented yet unsuccessful Ranger teams seem to get a reputation of being lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
...so? The Rangers still end up as a 2 line team?

meh
with out forward depth, if you split up the 2nd line you run the risk of being a 1 line team.

Quote:
So that leaves the Rangers with 15 forwards, eight defense, and three goalies. They need to get to 24 for Prague, and then down to 23 when they return to the States (presumably, Wiikman will go down after the Prague trip). Count on them cutting one more forward, and at least one but possibly two defensemen.
is Weinman serious with this? 14 forwards, 6 defensemen?

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Larry Melnyk

Like the new lines...It's waht I wanted all along...I think the "scoring on all four lines" was idealistic and a wild goose hunt..THought all along we should be maximizing the TOP 2 lines and and putting Dubi there does just that...The 3rd and 4th lines won't score as much without Dubi but I think they will score enough and, more importantly, need to play relaible defernse for a weak defensive unit early in the season...

Although Korp might be on the 3rd line now, wouldn't se surprised to see it be Cally,Voros and Fritsch with Korp in Hartford for a little while..ANd nothing wrong with that..

And, most importantly, Sjostrom and Prucha are where they belong..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Like the new lines...It's waht I wanted all along...I think the "scoring on all four lines" was idealistic and a wild goose hunt..THought all along we should be maximizing the TOP 2 lines and and putting Dubi there does just that...The 3rd and 4th lines won't score as much without Dubi but I think they will score enough and, more importantly, need to play relaible defernse for a weak defensive unit early in the season...

Although Korp might be on the 3rd line now, wouldn't se surprised to see it be Cally,Voros and Fritsch with Korp in Hartford for a little while..ANd nothing wrong with that..

And, most importantly, Sjostrom and Prucha are where they belong..
I agree with the top two lines and I also think Korps is a full time player and will be great in his first yr..........he is good in alot of categories.......including defensive repsonsibility..........also Cally is where he should be and Voros adds size to the line

Fritsche can move up for scoring........Sjo is good on the 4th line with the occassional bump up if offense is needed

I think Prucha will be dealt to make room..........someoen will take him who has room under the cap........he is only 25..............Rissmiller likely keeps the last spot for now but if Prucha can't be moved he may be waived or dealt like Hollweg was for a pick

crap he is better than Hollweg people and they got a 4th for him

Old
09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Thank god!

You didnt fool Sather Neds...everyone knows you were going to go back to your old ways the second you got that nice shinny contract.

Moore and AA also cut.
By old ways, do you mean his days as a NYR or more recent old days?

It's a shame that he out-plays most of these youngsters and gets das-booten

A shame for sure.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:23 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm not expecting much out of the fourth line, I'd just rather not watch the third line struggle because we're trying to stack the top two lines.

I think three lines would do fine without moving Drury out of position
Agree completely. I was hoping to see Korp on the left side of Dubinsky and Callahan... just to see it. In the end, I doubt this combination sticks, I just don't see Drury playing the Right.

Prucha, Fritsche and Sjostrom have to be seriously worried at this point. The thing with Prucha is he's been getting chances and putting himself in better opportunities than he did all last year, he's just gripping the stick too tight and too up tight with his scoring chances. I think this isn't the last step before he's out the door, maybe a wake up call to start finishing when he gets his next (and last) chance.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:27 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
everyone on the talented yet unsuccessful Ranger teams seem to get a reputation of being lazy.
Because they were.

Blueshirt is confirming Parenteau's demothttp://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/ion.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:39 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Im fine with all the cuts they made except for Rissmiller. I really believe hes still on the team because of the waiver rule. But when it comes down to it, they better keep Korpikoski and send Rissmiller down. Their salaries pretty much offset eachother. I dont care about him getting picked up on re-entry waivers if they need him.

Rissmillers shown me about 15 seconds of good hockey.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:40 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight85 View Post
I'm kind of hoping Kalinin is the 7 guy and Potter takes the 6 spot at least to start.
im kind of hoping they dump kalinin to free up salary and keep both Potter and Fahey

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:47 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Did you read about Callahan?

HE was 71 % on faceoffs.

That would be a bangup 3rd line, Voros, Callahan, Korp.

With Fritche, Sjo, as the extras.

Sorry folks but with the emergence of all our prospects and the way our new pickups look, Prucha is trade bait, as is Thomas Pock.

Its time to give up on both of them. They can't go any farther in this organization. Might as well get some picks for them, so we can get another Weise or PAP.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Jessiman Was Cut Too? No?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:52 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
why is prucha still here? Why is Rismiller still here? Why isn't Pap here?
exactly my thinking......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Wow I really disagree with cutting Nedved, but I have faith in Tom and his decisions. PAP is another one I disagree with, I would have atleast taken him on teh Euro trip. Korp has played great though and looks like he should make opening nite.

I just want to give Nedved a for the effort he put in, on a less deeper team he gets his contract. I still woulda signed him and kept him as an extra, better option than Rissmiller IMO.

Also guys, PAP will be back up this year. This team is going to have real problems scoring esp right out of the gate. Hard to score when you don't have any scorers on the team.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Blueshirt Fanatic*

He is a very hard worker and I give him credit for trying out for this team, but there isn't a spot for him on this roster.

Blueshirt Fanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
Jessiman Was Cut Too? No?
Meh he will be one of the call ups so he can finally be the last of the 1st rounders to actually play......I think he has a shot at the 4th line if not this yr sometime but next

I think if Prucha and Rissmiller are moved it will not bug anyone given the list of forward depth

Old
09-26-2008, 02:17 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
By old ways, do you mean his days as a NYR or more recent old days?

It's a shame that he out-plays most of these youngsters and gets das-booten

A shame for sure.
Definitely sets a bad precedent for the kids.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 02:26 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Meh he will be one of the call ups so he can finally be the last of the 1st rounders to actually play......I think he has a shot at the 4th line if not this yr sometime but next

I think if Prucha and Rissmiller are moved it will not bug anyone given the list of forward depth
Personally i dont think Jessiman has any shot of being called up this year. I dont think hes NHL caliber and frankly i've stopped hoping about 2 years ago.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Why did they cut Nedved, he did nothing to deserve it. in the Ranger-Devil game and the 2nd Ottawa-Ranger game he was the best forward on the ice. Im so angry right now.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote