HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nedved Cut per Weinman (G. Moore, Anisimov, Weise, Pock, Parenteau as well)

Old
09-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Turambar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Why did they cut Nedved, he did nothing to deserve it. in the Ranger-Devil game and the 2nd Ottawa-Ranger game he was the best forward on the ice. Im so angry right now.
Because they had an equal (and likely better) alternative, in a younger, homegrown player in Korpikoski.

Couldn't be more obvious to me.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Fletch

Gong...

nedved's only shot was if others weren't good at all; so his chances were pretty slim. Renney once had a vision of four lines rolling and getting production out of the bottom two lines but instead will revert to something that's likely inferior to last season on the bottom two lines, and likely inferior on the top two lines. Hopefully defense and special teams are the difference maker.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:43 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
everyone on the talented yet unsuccessful Ranger teams seem to get a reputation of being lazy.

with out forward depth, if you split up the 2nd line you run the risk of being a 1 line team.

is Weinman serious with this? 14 forwards, 6 defensemen?
Not with Nedved. He gets the reputation of being lazy because of his last 2 NHL seasons.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:45 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Why did they cut Nedved, he did nothing to deserve it. in the Ranger-Devil game and the 2nd Ottawa-Ranger game he was the best forward on the ice. Im so angry right now.
Nedved had no chance to make this team from the outset. No one should be surprised that he was cut.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
By old ways, do you mean his days as a NYR or more recent old days?

It's a shame that he out-plays most of these youngsters and gets das-booten

A shame for sure.
More recent days (Philly, EDM, Yotes).

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Vitto79

soooo does Rissmiller have any value?.............I really don't think he is going to be the one moved though

It's going to be Prucha............with the top 2 lines set now and with Korpikoski looking like he won a job on the 3rd line their is no room for the guy

honestly just deal him to LA who has cap space and room for a young former 30 goal scorer

Plus he is a RFA next yr so if they don't want him they will just let him go to Free Agency

I think he can bounce back just not here

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Naslund-Gomez-Drury

Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev

Callahan-Korpikoski-Voros

Rissmiller-Betts-Orr

Sjostrom-Prucha-Fritsche

This I like. Prucha has not been able to put it together for Renney to play him as a regular, especially considering he gets knocked over every time he's touched. Sjo has no scoring touch and Fritche has been incosistant in his effort.

Korpedo looks like a potential lock, which is nice to see.

But I can see Rismiller, Orr and Callahan could be usurped by Prucha, Sjo or Fritche.

Renney is the MAN!!!!
i really like what renney has done so far...

the top 2 lines look really good....separating gomez and zherdev was the right move....i cant wait to see these 2 lines tomorrow and the following games as the chemistry builds ....drury will be doing his thing with gomez and nasland......and dawes and dubinsky will be more ten happy to have z setting them up....and vice versa

same with the 3rd line...i really like korps and cally together.....korps should stick...even if his offense is slow at first (but from what hes shown though it prob wont be)cause whats most important to renney is being defensively responsible and thats something that korps already is.....and with caly on the line and showing how he can play a decent center the 2 can be interchangeable ....and voros can be a decent 3rd liner and add some more ebergy and toughness to that line.....overall it really has potential....

and the 4th line is an upgrade in itself without hollweg....we know what to expect frm betts...orr has atleast improved alot compared to last yr....even set himself up for a breakaway yesterday ...and depending on who were playing both 4th line wing positions are changeable on any given night depending on the opponent....

on D...... from what ive seen so far id make potter the #6 and start kalinen as the 7th....

if renney want to give kalinen atleast the start of the season and make the 6th his to lose id send potter down to play in all situations in hartford and keep fahey as the 7th ...

but we'll just have to wait and see for it to all play out.....but its def some fun and exciting stuff going on...this team def has alot of potential......

LGR

Last edited by lucky13: 09-26-2008 at 04:07 PM.
lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
nedved's only shot was if others weren't good at all; so his chances were pretty slim. Renney once had a vision of four lines rolling and getting production out of the bottom two lines but instead will revert to something that's likely inferior to last season on the bottom two lines, and likely inferior on the top two lines. Hopefully defense and special teams are the difference maker.
You know, I was really high on Renney but if he has had any input on the personnel changes and how special teams were run I'm extremely disappointed. After signing Drury, Lundqvist and Gomez in a *future is now* move every other move has been a *future is not now* move, which will result in us not being as good as we were last year. We are the 2nd youngest team in the NHL and it seems like there is a push to get even younger. Sure we'll be good in 4 or 5 years, but Drury might be retired (and too old/slow) by then, and who knows if Lundqvist's knees don't give out by then.

We are a faster team but we don't seem to have the finish so it doesn't matter. Renney fell in love with the 06-07 Sabres but we don't have the personnel for that, and neither do the Sabres-- that team was such a rare mix of speed and skill that we probably won't see again any time soon (a team that had a legit shot at the cup but had too many injuries IIRC, and a team that was too expensive to keep together because of their skill).

And after seeing how the PP looks almost identical as last year's PP (I coulda sworn it was Jags on the ice posting up at the half boards and Shanny was standing in the middle of the box!) I'm really down on Renney so far. Last year we would have been a significantly better team if we could score on the PP. This year won't be any better if Renney and Pearn don't get things going.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Ola

Nedved was cut because the org didn't think he would hold up, not because how he played now in camp.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:22 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I think Parenteau and/or Anisimov will be call-ups this season...

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
Sure we'll be good in 4 or 5 years, but Drury might be retired (and too old/slow) by then, and who knows if Lundqvist's knees don't give out by then.
Drury will be 36 and IMO will be re-signed to a much cheaper contract when it ends.

You honestly think a 30-31 year old Henke's knees will give out by then.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Not with Nedved. He gets the reputation of being lazy because of his last 2 NHL seasons.
You know Fly, you really sound like a hypocrite when you have Zherdev as your avatar. Who was your avatar before that? Marcel Hossa. How are these players harder working than Petr Nedved?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
You know Fly, you really sound like a hypocrite when you have Zherdev as your avatar. Who was your avatar before that? Marcel Hossa. How are these players harder working than Petr Nedved?
Because Zherdev showed no heart at all as a Ranger yet

Old
09-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Because Zherdev showed no heart at all as a Ranger yet
I'm just saying he has the same reputation as the guy he is ripping into.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:28 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Marcel Hossa was a pretty hard worker.

He just sucked.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I'm just saying he has the same reputation as the guy he is ripping into.
Zherdev also had a reputation for not going into the corners and stuff ect. But did we see that in the game vs. Tampa or Ottawa? no we didnt. Difference between Nedved and Z is that Z has a reputation of being lazy with a different organization while Nedved has shown he was lazy with the Rangers. Key words, Different Organization.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Marcel Hossa was a pretty hard worker.

He just sucked.
Yeah I totally agree. He worked real hard on the puck. I remember one game, he had a WIDE OPEN net, and he had to skate around the crease to hit the glass

Again, he was a real good player at the end of the 06-07 season, but he lost his confidence, became lazy, and basically lost everything.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:34 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Drury will be 36 and IMO will be re-signed to a much cheaper contract when it ends.
A 36 year old Jagr and a 36 year old Nedved were too old, and heck a 35 year old Nylander was also too old for us, so...

Quote:
You honestly think a 30-31 year old Henke's knees will give out by then.
Not sure if you've been reading about Hank's knees but hes getting cortisone shots because they haven't healed right. He insists all is good, but if I were team management I would err on the safe side of a guy who I just signed to a long term deal; seems as though they aren't doing that with Hank as they've let him play through injuries in the past and are continuing with that strategy.

Reminds me of what happened with Richter. He injured his knee during the ASG one year, and he played through it and ended up totally blowing it later in the year and pretty much ruined the season.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
A 36 year old Jagr and a 36 year old Nedved were too old, and heck a 35 year old Nylander was also too old for us, so...
IMO Drury wouldnt be looking for a longterm comitment of 5+ million dollars

Quote:
Not sure if you've been reading about Hank's knees but hes getting cortisone shots because they haven't healed right. He insists all is good, but if I were team management I would err on the safe side of a guy who I just signed to a long term deal; seems as though they aren't doing that with Hank as they've let him play through injuries in the past and are continuing with that strategy.

Reminds me of what happened with Richter. He injured his knee during the ASG one year, and he played through it and ended up totally blowing it later in the year and pretty much ruined the season.
Meh, I dont have any worrys. if he does indeed stop playing in his prime, then ill eat my words.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Jim Ramsay

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this, but I thought Zherdev definitely looked a lot chippier than he was adverstised as being when he came here. I remember him tryin to outwork 4 Senators in the corner at the end of the game, Sure he got knocked on the ground but at least he was willing....I've liked what I've seen so far.

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Fataldogg

I concur that this is a real shame. What did Nedved need to do to make this team? Why could both he and not Korp make the team? There were not two spots? Drury, Gomez, Zheredev, Naslund, Dubinsky, Dawes, were givens but... Prucha, Voros, Orr, Fritsche, Rismiller, etc; he couldn't have gotten a spot over them? He was their best player in the pre-season. Honestly it sounds like the Rangers wanted him to fail. He did everything that was expected of him and he played well, showed a ton of talent, and they shut him out?

I lose a bit of respect for Renney in that one. If someone plays hard, shows the talent, than they make the team irregardless of age. It also goes against Renney's philosophy of rolling four lines for legit offense. Nedved would have been perfect for that. He earned a spot. And the best reason why half of the people on this board don't want him on the team is because his name is Nedved and he's 36? Not much of an excuse if you ask me. Or that he was a slacker when he was here, even though he was our best player on the team. I don't get it. The guy doesn't deserve this kind of flack, never did, and Renney really should have just denied him the chance if he knew he wasn't going to make it regardless of how he performed.

I'm also disappointed that Parentau [sp?] didn't make it. He was better than Korpedo if you ask me. Parentau showed a lot of talent and potential out there.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Nedved was cut because the org didn't think he would hold up, not because how he played now in camp.
then why did they invite him in the first place?

I wish Sather could act like an adult and tell Nedved and Shanahan that there's no place for them, and that they should move on instead of pinning their hopes to a chance that's not really there.

PS. are Byers and Jessiman cut too?

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:44 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
IMO Drury wouldnt be looking for a longterm comitment of 5+ million dollars
He pushed Buffalo pretty hard for money before he had that breakout season offensively so I'm not so sure that he would want a major paycut after his contract is up either.

Jags didn't ask for a number AFAIK, the negotiations never got that far because Slats didn't agree to a 2 year offer. It was clear that Slats wasn't really interested in getting Jagr resigned. After hearing Renney say "I'm not sure thats what we need" in response to Nedved's offense I'm convinced that Renney didn't really want Jagr back either.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

I wish Sather could act like an adult and tell Nedved and Shanahan that there's no place for them, and that they should move on instead of pinning their hopes to a chance that's not really there.

PS. are Byers and Jessiman cut too?
Yes, all cut:

goaltender Matt Zaba; defensemen Mike Busto, Vladimir Denisov, Bobby Sanguinetti, and Mike Sauer; and forwards Artem Anisimov, Joe Barnes, Dane Byers, Brodie Dupont, Ryan Hillier, Andreas Jamtin, Greg Moore, Tom Pyatt, Justin Soryal, Dale Weise, and Tomas Zaborsky.

In addition, defensemen Maxim Kondratiev and Thomas Pock, and forwards Hugh Jessiman and P.A. Parenteau will continue training camp with Hartford (AHL).

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:47 PM
azrok22

Quote:
They did NOT invite Nedved to camp. Nedved asked if he could attend, and in a classy move they allowed him.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote