HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nedved Cut per Weinman (G. Moore, Anisimov, Weise, Pock, Parenteau as well)

Old
09-26-2008, 03:50 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
I know I'll get killed for this, but I still think Prucha has a place on this team ahead of Rissmiller, Fritsche, Sjo... If you move Dubi up to 2, why not go like this:

Naslund-Gomez-Drury
Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Prucha-Korpikoski-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Orr
Sjo/Fritsche/Rissmiller Pick 1 or 2 to keep as extras/rotating parts

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Zherdev also had a reputation for not going into the corners and stuff ect. But did we see that in the game vs. Tampa or Ottawa? no we didnt. Difference between Nedved and Z is that Z has a reputation of being lazy with a different organization while Nedved has shown he was lazy with the Rangers. Key words, Different Organization.
That is NOT what he said though. He is saying for his years playing in EDM, PHX, ect. Read the thread man.

Oh and I think most here would agree he played hard for the Rangers when he was here. His rep around the league fine but he bled Ranger blue for us on teams that were pretty ******.

Last edited by Radek27: 09-26-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Vitto79

So Hartford looks strong,hah

why did Kondratiev not play a game?........will he even go to Hartford?.............also, poor Pock

I think Fahey gets the nod as the 7th because of age and Potter has shown he is the first call up and could be on the final pairing already

I know I am crack when I think of this but next yr they have Betts, Orr ,Rissmiller, Mara, Kalinen off the books and that is important as Potter ,Byers and others should be ready to just step in

No more useless signings with a guy like Rissmiller........he is not a bad 4th line PK type player but with this team there was no pt and now he is likely screwed and will either sit around all yr as a spare and get in once in a while on the 4th line or he'll get paid 1 million bucks to chill in Hartford for the yr.........

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I know I'll get killed for this, but I still think Prucha has a place on this team ahead of Rissmiller, Fritsche, Sjo... If you move Dubi up to 2, why not go like this:

Naslund-Gomez-Drury
Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Voros-Betts-Orr
it's not crazy, it could still happen but I think they want to go with Voros and his size on the 3rd line and later in games just move up Fritsche or Sjostrom if a goal is needed

With that Prucha is not a 4th liner.................I say just trade the guy now and end the misery........he will do fine on a west coast team like LA................don't want him dealt in the East casue I will snap if he comes back and scores even 20 elsewhere

Old
09-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Yes, all cut:

goaltender Matt Zaba; defensemen Mike Busto, Vladimir Denisov, Bobby Sanguinetti, and Mike Sauer; and forwards Artem Anisimov, Joe Barnes, Dane Byers, Brodie Dupont, Ryan Hillier, Andreas Jamtin, Greg Moore, Tom Pyatt, Justin Soryal, Dale Weise, and Tomas Zaborsky.

In addition, defensemen Maxim Kondratiev and Thomas Pock, and forwards Hugh Jessiman and P.A. Parenteau will continue training camp with Hartford (AHL).
I thought Max was also here on a try out. You know he hates the AHL.

Old
09-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
That is NOT what he said though. He is saying for his years playing in EDM, PHX, ect. Read the thread man.

Oh and I think most here would agree he played hard for the Rangers when he was here. His rep around the league fine but he bled Ranger blue for us on teams that were pretty ******.
I know, i was just stating what he said. He also said about Nedved's years with the Rangers. I'm like you, i wish Petr was still here.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 03:59 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post

Naslund-Gomez-Drury
Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Voros-Betts-Orr
IMO Rissmiller, Fritsche, Sjo and Prucha are all the same; hard working but they can't score

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:22 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Sorry folks but with the emergence of all our prospects and the way our new pickups look, Prucha is trade bait, as is Thomas Pock.
In order to be trade bait one must have a value. Pock has zero value. Prucha has infinitely more than Pock, which still leaves him far from having any value.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
In order to be trade bait one must have a value. Pock has zero value. Prucha has infinitely more than Pock, which still leaves him far from having any value.
haha yea Pock is going to play yet again in Hartford and just take the cash.............he is 27 and gondie as a FA to the KHL next yr...................oh and by the way those are the types of players they get......Marcel Freaking Hossa is the leading scorer for god sakes

Also Prucha may as well be dealt for whatever......I mean crap just get a 4th and 5th.........late picks who cares the poor guy has no role on this team right now..............but there are some more preseason games so who the heck knows

Old
09-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
haha yea Pock is going to play yet again in Hartford and just take the cash.............he is 27 and gondie as a FA to the KHL next yr...................oh and by the way those are the types of players they get......Marcel Freaking Hossa is the leading scorer for god sakes

Also Prucha may as well be dealt for whatever......I mean crap just get a 4th and 5th.........late picks who cares the poor guy has no role on this team right now..............but there are some more preseason games so who the heck knows
I thought we saw everything we wanted to see out of Petr lastnight except the finish. He created his own chances, he skated hard.....he was involved for sure. Give him a chance for god sake, once one goes in his confidence will get better. You can see how frustrated he is. Anyone remember the season Alexei Kovalev went like almost 30 games without scoring a goal? Is he a crap player? Confidence is so huge in goal scoring.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
They did NOT invite Nedved to camp. Nedved asked if he could attend, and in a classy move they allowed him.
whoever made the call, Nedved was a training camp invite, and if he knew there was zero chance of making the team, I doubt he would have wasted his time.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
I thought we saw everything we wanted to see out of Petr lastnight except the finish. He created his own chances, he skated hard.....he was involved for sure. Give him a chance for god sake, once one goes in his confidence will get better. You can see how frustrated he is. Anyone remember the season Alexei Kovalev went like almost 30 games without scoring a goal? Is he a crap player? Confidence is so huge in goal scoring.
I am cool with that view point as I want Prucha to stay deep down but it's starting to look like there is just too much depth on the team that will play ahead of him

there is still some time so lets see if he can get one vs Jersey.......I hope so

Old
09-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
whoever made the call, Nedved was a training camp invite, and if he knew there was zero chance of making the team, I doubt he would have wasted his time.
The only reason I can think he didn't atleast make it to the trip is the play of Korpikoski. A former first rounder we spend time developing has been just as good as Nedved. They did say if a younger player outplays him or plays as good they would go with the young guy. I'm not happy Petr didn't make it and I would love to hear a quote from Sather/Renney/Sam whoever on the decision but i'm sure Korp is the reason.

Now myself I would waive Rissmiller and sign Petr to a one year incentive based deal. There really is no risk in that, yet I think Slats has something else in mind.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
The only reason I can think he didn't atleast make it to the trip is the play of Korpikoski. A former first rounder we spend time developing has been just as good as Nedved. They did say if a younger player outplays him or plays as good they would go with the young guy. I'm not happy Petr didn't make it and I would love to hear a quote from Sather/Renney/Sam whoever on the decision but i'm sure Korp is the reason.

Now myself I would waive Rissmiller and sign Petr to a one year incentive based deal. There really is no risk in that, yet I think Slats has something else in mind.
well what about all the players that weren't as impressive as Nedved or Korpikoski?

so does this mean Jessiman, Pock and Parenteau are on waivers? should be interesting to see if Jessiman clears. should also be interesting to see the reaction when Parenteau clears.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Radek27

I asked that question myself 31, I'm not sure how the waiver system really works. I hope these guys aren't on waivers right now. I would think a report from one of the bloggers would have happened if that was the case though.

In the list Irish Blues created for Waiver players those players were on the list of guys who would have to clear waivers so I am confused.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
I asked that question myself 31, I'm not sure how the waiver system really works. I hope these guys aren't on waivers right now. I would think a report from one of the bloggers would have happened if that was the case though.

In the list Irish Blues created for Waiver players those players were on the list of guys who would have to clear waivers so I am confused.
I'm pretty sure they are, because they were listed separately on the official press release.

Old
09-26-2008, 04:56 PM
bcrt2000

Only people who go on waivers are players with 1 way contracts. And I don't believe they go on waivers before the deadline to cut your roster down to 23 players hits.

Old
09-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
Only people who go on waivers are players with 1 way contracts. And I don't believe they go on waivers before the deadline to cut your roster down to 23 players hits.
neither of those statements are remotely true.

Old
09-26-2008, 05:12 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
neither of those statements are remotely true.
There are only two types of contracts for NHLers, 1 way contracts and 2 way contracts. You can send down a 2 way player at any time during the season, but a player on a 1 way contract will have to go through waivers on the way down. I'm nearly 100% sure of this.

There is a period when players with 1 way contracts can be called up or sent down, but I'm not sure of the dates this occurs except that its likely during the off season.

Old
09-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Radek27

Can somebody clear this up please

Old
09-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
There are only two types of contracts for NHLers, 1 way contracts and 2 way contracts. You can send down a 2 way player at any time during the season, but a player on a 1 way contract will have to go through waivers on the way down. I'm nearly 100% sure of this.

There is a period when players with 1 way contracts can be called up or sent down, but I'm not sure of the dates this occurs except that its likely during the off season.
http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm
Quote:
-- The waiver status of a player is determined by whether he has a 1-way or 2-way contract.
Answer: False. Whether a player has a 1-way or 2-way contract has absolutely no effect on his waiver status it has to do with the number of years since the player signed his first NHL contract and the number of NHL games hes played since signing. In fact, there are ten (10) players who have 1-way contracts for 2007-08 and are exempt from waivers.
I'm pretty certain all three are on waivers.

Old
09-26-2008, 05:25 PM
eco's bones

Looks pretty good for Korpikoski right now. I think the Rangers made the best choices on the 3 non NHL'ers in Korpi, Potter and Fahey. They all look pretty good to me. Not that impressed with Kalinin. Rissmiller either.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Waivers has nothing to do with a player's contract (one way or not) and everything to do with how long they've played professionally and their age. Pck and Parenteau have to clear waivers to be assigned to Hartford. Jessiman, I'm pretty sure doesn't have to be exposed to waivers before the season starts--because he hasn't completed 3 years of professional play.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=552823 Just in case you don't believe me.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 05:31 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Oh how I like those lines. Such a better lineup.

Hopefully they work out.

Hopefully Potter makes 7th, Korp makes 13th. Two of Sjostrom/Rissmiller/Voros/Fritsche/Prucha are gone, and we're all set!

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 05:31 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

I'm pretty certain all three are on waivers.
I don't think thats the full truth (that it has nothing to do with 1-way or 2-way), otherwise Pock would have been sent up at times last year instead of sitting in the AHL, and Prucha probably would have been sent down to the AHL.

edit: seems as though everyone is saying its age/gp only. I'd like to see the exact rules if possible though